PDA

View Full Version : New York Islanders

Troll King
07-18-2006, 10:34 PM
The New York Islanders fired their General Manager Neil Smith today and I have to wonder what the hell is wrong with that organization. This is a franchise that let Mad Mike Milbury run the team for a decade despite never winning a playoff series and developing a reputation for trading away players who later become All-stars. After all the screw-ups, Milbury outlasted many more successful and more respected GMs.

Last month, Milbury stepped down from his post and was replaced by Neil Smith, a respected hockey man, especially in the New York area because of the Stanley Cup he helped the Rangers win. He was hired along with Ted Nolan, a successful coach who seemed to be blackballed out of employment for years, and popular former player Pat Lafontaine who became a Senior Advisor. 40 days later Smith was let go without having the chance to ice a team. They let go someone who would have brought much-needed respectability and replaced him with, and this is what brings the whole thing to the level of farce, their BACKUP GOALTENDER. Things were so bad, Pat Lafontaine quit after the announcement.

What the hell is wrong with this franchise?

Nickname
07-20-2006, 06:27 PM
other than having a president named wang, can't think of a thing.

And for the record, that wasn't a penis joke, it was a joke about how shitty he is as an owner. Also some of you may not know this but his last name is what asian peopel call there penis.

Jeenyuss
07-21-2006, 12:50 AM
i know a guy named wieping wang

gran guerrero
07-21-2006, 04:58 AM
i have a wang dang doodle that would make Bihg Wang jealous.

Hungery
07-21-2006, 12:09 PM
i have a wang dang doodle that would make Bihg Wang jealous.
boo