PDA

View Full Version : Walking in a Bergkamp wonderland

Galleleo
07-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Tommorow evening, 5 pm british time, is the farewell game for Bergkamp, one of the best players to walk the earth, in my eyes. I know many of you won't agree, but to me Bergkamp fits in row with v. Basten, Cruijf, Zidane and the others. His touch, his brilliance. I loved watching that guy play. You see him making an action while he is already 3 steps ahead in his mind and knows already what he is gonna do after. He might not have won the Champions League (How could Wenger not play him?) or a World Cup/European Cup, but then again, not many players did win as much as he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2pHYudIyx4&search=Bergkamp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqEWpHuib9A&search=Bergkamp
(Not the best quality video out there for this goal, but I just love Jack van Gelder's commentary)

Some of those goals might appear easy, but there are very few people able to give them that execution.

(I'll know ZeUs will probably come flame me in here, say how Bergkamp sucks and how I am all wrong and that I should die in a ditch, but frankly I don't care. I love Bergkamp, I think that he is brilliant and I am not alone in this and I think that he deserved this thread)

soup
07-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Bergkamp rules

beautiful goal against Argentina at the WC 1998!!

and Bergkamp > Zidane, easily!

NaiLed
07-21-2006, 06:43 PM
and Bergkamp > Zidane, easily!
this doesnt make sense on several levels

gran guerrero
07-21-2006, 09:57 PM
did he headbutt anyone? especially at the world cup final, get a red card and still win golden ball? i think not. step off.

Hungery
07-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Yea who doesn't love Bergkamp.

ZeUs!!
07-22-2006, 04:49 AM
Yea who doesn't love Bergkamp.British Airways

Pressure Drop
07-22-2006, 04:51 AM
well i've seen much of berkamps career since i remember Arsenal signing him and watched the premiership on t.v. and also watched all the Euro and World Cups.

He was a great player for both Holland and especially for Arsenal. I think its fitting that he plays his last game for them in their new stadium in an end off an era and the start of a new kinda way.

However he is no Zidane, Zidane is much better , same with Cruijf

Galleleo
07-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Man, great testimonial. I had a huge smile on a face the second half with all the "oldies". Was great to see. I got goosebumps more then once.

In my opinion Bergkamp can be put in the row of Cruijf and Zidane, he might not have had the careers they had. But his insight in the game and ability to read the game, combined with his skill, he is top of the world. But, that's just my opinion.

Zerzera
07-22-2006, 01:35 PM
But he didn't go for money and fame, so he's not as good as the others. You are only a world class player if you sign for the big money with a Spanish club.
You can't be one of the best players in the world if you only play with a mediocre club as Arsenal. [/sarcasm]

ZeUs!!
07-22-2006, 02:12 PM
But he didn't go for money and fame, so he's not as good as the others. You are only a world class player if you sign for the big money with a Spanish club.So you're saying a good footballer is judged on both his skill and his marketability/celebrity lifestyle? Or is the sarcasm tag a get-out clause for the entire post?

Zerzera
07-23-2006, 07:27 AM
So you're saying a good footballer is judged on both his skill and his marketability/celebrity lifestyle? Or is the sarcasm tag a get-out clause for the entire post?

Yes I was sarcastic overall.

Mantra-Slider
07-23-2006, 04:15 PM
I told you vieira would play for arsenal again!!! ;)

eehh
07-23-2006, 05:08 PM
anyone have the full teams and result from this match?