PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: Big TWD changes on the way!

Weaver
08-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Since TWD was created there have been a couple big problems with the system. Doublesquadding has by far been the greatest problem. With doublesquadding comes players throwing matches on altnicks in order to qualify their squad for TWL. There have been plenty of squads who try to move up the ladder by playing dummy squads they have created. Over the years I have seen the system abused in hundreds of different ways and it's time for change.

In the past year or two Beasty had some great suggestions and ideas for improving the system. Beasty, myself, and a number of other people worked on these ideas and we came up with a plan for improving the system. Our work stopped there because we were unable to find a programmer with the time and knowledge to program it. However several weeks ago Ikrit picked up the project and is close to finishing. It was a huge job and he's worked tirelessly on it. Suffice to say we all owe him a big thanks.

Anyways thats the history of the project in a nutshell. Now on to the stuff you will all need to know about!

The changes:

- Players will ONLY be able to play from the computer they !registered their name on. This is a big change!

- Players will be able to add extra computers/names to their TWD account. This will allow siblings to play as well as players who have more than one home or computer. Only the TWD Ops will be able to add names and computers to your account, so contact them if you need changes made to your account.

Other things you need to know:

- The system will be put into effect shortly after this TWL season is over.

- Every player will have to re-register his name. You will not be able to play in TWD if you don't! (The 24 hour wait period will not be in effect for the first few weeks!)

- Every squad will have to reform on the TWD website (The 12 hour roster wait period will not be in effect for the first few weeks).

- More TWD Ops will be hired in the next month in order to accomodate the players. I'm expecting there to be a fair amount of public confusion in the first week. I will make sure there are enough TWD staff to deal with it at all hours of the day.

-Ikrit is the shit.

Abnormal
08-02-2006, 03:24 PM
- Every player will have to re-register his name. You will not be able to play in TWD if you don't! (The 24 hour wait period will not be in effect for the first few weeks!)

- Every squad will have to reform on the TWD website (The 12 hour roster wait period will not be in effect for the first few weeks).

Not too happy about reforming squads, but what can you do eh.

Weaver
08-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Not too happy about reforming squads, but what can you do eh.

Yeah I apologize. We want to put this new system in with a completely clean slate.

Nickname
08-02-2006, 03:58 PM
good work fellas, nicely done Ikrit!

JuNkA
08-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Hmmm can somebody remind me what the rules WERE? I got 2 brothers and 3 sisters by the way.

Sleuth
08-02-2006, 04:08 PM
eh good ideas the reforming squad stuff isnt too good

genocidal
08-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Who cares about reforming your fucking squads? It takes two seconds to do it and sign up; very minimal compared to the amount of work put into actually doing all the coding work. Good job guys, fuck those double squadders.

Ikrit
08-02-2006, 04:40 PM
"Players will be able to add extra computers/names to their TWD account. This will allow siblings to play as well as players who have more than one home or computer. Only the TWD Ops will be able to add names and computers to your account, so contact them if you need changes made to your account"

Hows that going to fix anything? So I could just go and make up a story along the lines of 'Hey, Im wax's brother. I need to be registered'. And then join another squadron, or create a "dummy" squad as you said.

Sounds like a lot of work, and hassle for captains for something that can be evaded.

Or am I missing something?

This prevents people from either having someone on a different computer sign up for them or going to a place like an internet cafe and signing up then going back home to play. Overall it should produce a significant reduction in double squadding and is much more effective than leaving the system the way it is.

Jerome Scuggs
08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
You guys are making it increasingly more difficult for pavement and I :(

I'm moving out in about 19 days, so I guess the brother/IP thing won't be a problem anymore.

The "one person per computer" thing...can that be relaxed for siblings? Pavement and I switch computers all the time (it's weird, but on one comp we both spid better and on one, we terr/shark better etc)

Jerome Scuggs
08-02-2006, 04:48 PM
This prevents people from either having someone on a different computer sign up for them or going to a place like an internet cafe and signing up then going back home to play. Overall it should produce a significant reduction in double squadding and is much more effective than leaving the system the way it is.

I think you just made a big circle...he's saying, someone can just SAY they have a sibling and then go from there.

Dameon Angell
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
We require proof to having a sibling. By now, we know alot of you guys and know who's related to who and what in general.

Weaver
08-02-2006, 05:17 PM
"Players will be able to add extra computers/names to their TWD account. This will allow siblings to play as well as players who have more than one home or computer. Only the TWD Ops will be able to add names and computers to your account, so contact them if you need changes made to your account"

Hows that going to fix anything? So I could just go and make up a story along the lines of 'Hey, Im wax's brother. I need to be registered'. And then join another squadron, or create a "dummy" squad as you said.

Sounds like a lot of work, and hassle for captains for something that can be evaded.

Or am I missing something?

The difference is that you will only be able to evade if we let you evade. The system we have right now allows players to evade bans and doublesquad with relative ease. I have had the priviledge of working on TWD for many years and you'll have to take my word for it when I say it will be a huge improvement.

Ikrit
08-02-2006, 05:17 PM
I think you just made a big circle...he's saying, someone can just SAY they have a sibling and then go from there.

I think you didn't understand what I meant. I'm talking about one person going to computers that aren't even in his possession to register. You're talking about one person saying he's multiple people using same computer.

Weaver
08-02-2006, 05:33 PM
And what proof would you need?

At the same time, who would you be to tell me I DIDN'T have a sibling.

Not trying to be a dick here guys, just playing devils advocate. Trying to get a grasp on the whole thing.

Also: Would squadhistory on a players name be erased?

Wax the siblings are an unavoidable loophole. However a lot of the players who cause the biggest problems in TWD are players who have been playing in TW for awhile and its relatively easy to find out about them from either our own databases or other players. The new system will completely eliminate the problem of people registering names everywhere they have access to a computer and the internet. I'm sure some players will still slip through the cracks, but I'd venture a guess that only a few percent of doublesquadders are registered as fake siblings.

The alternative is to only allow one name per household and that is not something I'm willing to do.

Edit: yeah wax, squad history will most likely be erased.

Bosmer
08-02-2006, 05:54 PM
And what proof would you need?

Indeed. What kind of proof do we need to give of being someone's sibling?

Jerome Scuggs
08-02-2006, 05:55 PM
fyi: pavement isn't real

Spikester
08-02-2006, 06:06 PM
me and havu switch comps all the time, will this thing effect our gameplay?

cLoTh
08-02-2006, 06:32 PM
i understand about the computer situation, but what if you go on vacation, and decide you want to log on one day to play some twd games for your squad. Most the staff isn't on often enough to help someone play when you have time. If your at someone's house and your on for maybe an hour or 2 cuz your on vacation for a week. How will you guys help adding a computer to a name, even tho its for a week, and maybe not yours?

Other then that, i believe the system should work out great. I also wanted to kno if everyone's TWD records like prev squads will be erased from their names??

Thx for the help

-cloth

Commander
08-02-2006, 06:53 PM
i understand about the computer situation, but what if you go on vacation, and decide you want to log on one day to play some twd games for your squad. Most the staff isn't on often enough to help someone play when you have time.

"More TWD Ops will be hired in the next month in order to accomodate the players."

Problem solved.

DJSlayer
08-02-2006, 07:33 PM
This will surely be a great improvement. I mean surely the siblings will be quite a bad loophole but ... it will cut down alot of double squading anyway. Also alot of current double-squaders will not go through the effort of contacting a twd op, asking to have another name registered for a sibling. Of course there would also be the risk of being caught trying to doublesquad asking for another name to be put down so ... doublesquading should be greatly reduced which is a good thing, I think :fear:

Great job everyone, especially Ikrit for finishing off the coding, as much as I hate you for not letting me impersonate Kyace :P

Kim
08-02-2006, 08:08 PM

Yes, more than likely you will no longer be able to do this. You won't die by only playing at your home PC.

Izor
08-02-2006, 08:24 PM
can we please keep the 12 hour rule removed?

Ikrit
08-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Yes, more than likely you will no longer be able to do this. You won't die by only playing at your home PC.

Blasphemy, my system is more advanced than you think.

Weaver
08-02-2006, 08:35 PM
can we please keep the 12 hour rule removed?

I'm considering changing it, but not removing it all together. The purpose of the 12 hour rule is to stop players changing squads multiple times through the day and basically doublesquadding, a problem that we had before the rule was introduced. I'm thinking of changing it so you will be allowed to change squads once every 24 hours without a wait, any more than that and the 12 hour rule will come into effect. I've been meaning to talk with the web devs about this but I haven't yet. If the change is made I'll post some news about it.

DJSlayer
08-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Blasphemy, my system is more advanced than you think.

LOL, Ikrit, guess no one thinks your capable xD You should quit staff, and not give them all the code, just to be spiteful!!!

tales
08-02-2006, 09:37 PM
thats a good idea weaver, i hope its implimented

Spider
08-02-2006, 09:47 PM
I read this shizzit, looks good. Nice work Ikrit, Weaver, and associates. Speaking strictly as the very popular and important TW figure that I am, I totally approve of your great work. ------->$$<-------

Nimrook
08-02-2006, 09:55 PM
good job Weaver and the TWD Crew

but only one part that makes me sad.. is the Squad History of all players.. =(

bubbles19518
08-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Yeah, would be nice if we could keep our squad history!

Purple Heart
08-02-2006, 11:15 PM
A good use for squad history was for captains who try to recruit players they might not know about. So they just go on over to that players squad history, and kind of get a feel for what kind of player he/she might be.

Oh well, better get used to this too then.

Weaver
08-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, would be nice if we could keep our squad history!

I completely agree with you. I'm just not sure how feasible it is to save squad history while wiping everything else out. I'll have to talk to the web dev and find out about it, but don't get your hopes up.

Pandagirl!
08-02-2006, 11:57 PM
I feel bad for people like KJW who have been joined to a squad forever and the history is going to be erased.

Melon
08-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Will the TWL player search history still be around? I don't care about the twd history becuase it does not work correctly and doesn't show every squad a player was on.

Shadowmere
08-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Panda, KJW isnt the only one.

However, if a person's been playing a fair amount of time, he doesnt need to see KJW's squadhistory, or anyone elses, to know that they've been in some squad for a long long time.

Well, good job doing this; Ikrit, Beasty, Weaver

Pandagirl!
08-03-2006, 01:46 AM
I understand that, I'm just saying :P That would be like if everyone's userid got cleared on SS and some new person had a smaller number than Dock; I dunno.

Abos
08-03-2006, 01:51 AM
gj Ikrit, Beasty, Weaver.

This should straighten most of the aliases and double squadders. There are still loops but its a good step towards an honest zone.

Spikester
08-03-2006, 03:48 AM

We got 2 computers at home and they're next to each other and we just get on the comp that's available. You mean we can't do this anymore because of this?

End
08-03-2006, 04:01 AM
Great idea now Spikey cant play as much, i love this idea. Big thumbs up

Jeenyuss
08-03-2006, 04:42 AM
I'm considering changing it, but not removing it all together. The purpose of the 12 hour rule is to stop players changing squads multiple times through the day and basically doublesquadding, a problem that we had before the rule was introduced. I'm thinking of changing it so you will be allowed to change squads once every 24 hours without a wait, any more than that and the 12 hour rule will come into effect. I've been meaning to talk with the web devs about this but I haven't yet. If the change is made I'll post some news about it.
That's cool. If not then just make it something shorter than 12 hours. It really does hinder the process of squadjoining. Maybe 6?

Izor
08-03-2006, 04:57 AM
Hell even 1 hour would stop most of the 'doublesquadding' issues. The biggest offenders are people who just hop between squads to play a game here and there, although I know with some players it was a bit more of a problem. Now in the off season I just use a registered alias and join a squad by the time the 12 hours runs out on my other, because that rule is so dumb. No one should care who theyre playing against that bad. The idea weaver suggested is a pretty damn good solution though. I dunno why I didnt think of it myself.

Shan
08-03-2006, 05:46 AM
Okey.. Very nice idea idd, gj Weaver, Beasty and Ikrit ofc! that 24h hour idea is nice tho..

Ravos
08-03-2006, 05:50 AM
good job, glad if double squadding ends.
No more people that u have never seen pop out like they are vets.
Really annoying.
TO bad of squadhistory but heeey , who cares :)
gg

PredatoR_FNM
08-03-2006, 07:30 AM
We got 2 computers at home and they're next to each other and we just get on the comp that's available. You mean we can't do this anymore because of this?

Yes you can.
We will put your both computers on the list manually, that means you have to come to talk to one of our TWD Op's about it, fear :fear:

Sir Chrono
08-03-2006, 08:10 AM
I think is a wonderfull idea! I also get tired of people just poping up outta nowhere. Personally I'm glad may squad history is being erased because theres alot of crappy ones on there which im glad to see go considering im threw with them. The 12 hour change would be great too. Thumbs up Ikrit, Reaver and Beasty :up:

One squad ill miss in my history is Rogue-Knights :P MIss ya!

Zeebu
08-03-2006, 08:33 AM
obviously with how active i am this will affect me greatly... i wish i had the time to possibly play =/

winipcfg
08-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Let's just hope that the sibling registration doesn't become automated.

Ikrit
08-03-2006, 09:47 AM

Players will be able to add extra computers to their TWD account

Read the whole post :P I told you my system is cooler than you think.

FarScape
08-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Read the whole post :P I told you my system is cooler than you think.

gj man!

its good to see a good improvements on the system and bots. always walk forward with it!

thank you and the staff for the effort. :wub:

cLoTh
08-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Wax the siblings are an unavoidable loophole. However a lot of the players who cause the biggest problems in TWD are players who have been playing in TW for awhile and its relatively easy to find out about them from either our own databases or other players. The new system will completely eliminate the problem of people registering names everywhere they have access to a computer and the internet. I'm sure some players will still slip through the cracks, but I'd venture a guess that only a few percent of doublesquadders are registered as fake siblings.

The alternative is to only allow one name per household and that is not something I'm willing to do.

Edit: yeah wax, squad history will most likely be erased.

"However a lot of the players who cause the biggest problems in TWD are players who have been playing in TW for awhile and its relatively easy to find out about them from either our own databases or other players. The new system will completely eliminate the problem of people registering names everywhere they have access to a computer and the internet."

basically your saying that you guys will be hacked onto our computer, and have full access to our internet and anything else you guys want. Also how do we know that this wont send out virus's if you have access to our computers and internet access?

Ricko
08-03-2006, 12:08 PM
This is a good idea, I'll be glad to see the back of doublesquadders they are ruining twd, although losing squad history is a blow :( so to play on multiple computers we just have to log on to another computer and ask an op if that computer can be activated for my name aswell? Keep up the work weav and co.

Sleuth
08-03-2006, 12:26 PM
yeah too bad about squad history, it let u see players pasts, but its for the best, gj guys

PredatoR_FNM
08-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Let's just hope that the sibling registration doesn't become automated.

TWD Op's have had it done manually this far and that process wont change.

Kawrae
08-03-2006, 12:44 PM

Yeah and since i'm your bro i need to be able to play on your and havus comps and vice versa.

Spikester
08-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Sorry bout that, didn't read the first post too carefully :fear:

Ravos
08-03-2006, 01:35 PM
waw it sure is good to have NO family hehe

Weaver
08-03-2006, 01:58 PM
"However a lot of the players who cause the biggest problems in TWD are players who have been playing in TW for awhile and its relatively easy to find out about them from either our own databases or other players. The new system will completely eliminate the problem of people registering names everywhere they have access to a computer and the internet."

basically your saying that you guys will be hacked onto our computer, and have full access to our internet and anything else you guys want. Also how do we know that this wont send out virus's if you have access to our computers and internet access?

I hope you're kidding. If you aren't, then you are putting word into my mouth and I really don't appreciate it. What I said is exactly what I meant though, players who have been around a long time have a long history in TW and its relatively easy to find out about them. If you're just looking for an arguement, save it for a different forum.

On another note, I'm glad that the publics response to these changes has been so positive =)

Paky Dude
08-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Wow, this is such a nice idea. No more new namers ruining the theme "Oh, that squad sucks." without an actual skilled player in the game. Although, this will hurt peoples squad history, but hey, making a new one is always better! Good work on this new development guys, its nice to see some dudEZ have the time to increase the enjoyment of SSCU Trench Wars.

__________________________________________________ ______
I'ma PakDatAss nice and clean

Phiz
08-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Keep the 12 hr rule out :< or at least reduce it do 5 hours and would be great to keep the squad history :)

Jones
08-03-2006, 07:06 PM
what will happen with full charge greens and twjd/twlj base

Abnormal
08-03-2006, 08:28 PM
what will happen with full charge greens and twjd/twlj base

They will all be given to you.

I think this is the wrong thread buddy. This is talking about the twd player and squad systems, not the arenas.

cLoTh
08-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Is it any possible way to keep our prev squads?

pascone
08-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Is it any possible way to keep our prev squads?

it appears no

but why are previous squads so important anyway :D

moltenrock
08-03-2006, 10:11 PM
-Ikrit is the shit.

LOL..who edited...?

Squadless
08-03-2006, 10:30 PM
now i have 4 desktops and 2 laptops...depending on my mood i use the computer of my choice, hope this wont be a problem

Shadowmere
08-04-2006, 02:02 AM
LOL..who edited...?
No one edited it. It was originally like that.

Because Ikrit did a huge job for us all.

Broly
08-04-2006, 08:44 AM
"Players will ONLY be able to play from the computer they !registered their name on. This is a big change!"

do you guys realize how many times people are away/school/vacation etc and just want to play a simple game of twdd for example? this is by far the worst rule ever applied to TWD.

FarScape
08-04-2006, 09:18 AM
"Players will ONLY be able to play from the computer they !registered their name on. This is a big change!"

do you guys realize how many times people are away/school/vacation etc and just want to play a simple game of twdd for example? this is by far the worst rule ever applied to TWD.

why play a pc game when you take vaction or go to school?

i rather see less doublesquadders and shit face people who abuse the rules than few people who are addicted and cant leave SS for few hours\days.

as for the diffrenet computers in home, they already gave solution for that by register more computers in account.

Doc Flabby
08-04-2006, 09:38 AM

erm...Not meaning to undermine this entire effort to prevent double squading but there is an easy way around that problem.

1. Create a new (cool) name on the new computer.
2. Register with twdbot
3. Join TWD Squad of your choice

Weaver
08-04-2006, 12:30 PM
erm...Not meaning to undermine this entire effort to prevent double squading but there is an easy way around that problem.

1. Create a new (cool) name on the new computer.
2. Register with twdbot
3. Join TWD Squad of your choice

You're a damn genius. How come I didn't think of it first? Maybe I'll have to come up with a solution to this problem.

Darkmoor
08-04-2006, 01:46 PM
The changes

Players will ONLY be able to play from the computer they !registered their name on. This is a big change!

Players will be able to add extra computers/names to their TWD account. This will allow siblings to play as well as players who have more than one home or computer. Only the TWD Ops will be able to add names and computers to your account, so contact them if you need changes made to your account.What is used to identify the computers? I assume that you can make these add requests from the extra/new computers.

I also hope that you will keep the players squad history, it should not be much of a problem because you already have them in a database.

cLoTh
08-04-2006, 01:55 PM
it appears no

its important cuz those are the years you spent on this stupid game, and i don't think they should be erased just because of a knew system. :D

cLoTh
08-04-2006, 02:03 PM

agreed, you guys need to be smarter with the choice of places. I think you should have to put a password into the twdbot if you use a different pc so u can play instantly instead of waiting on a TWD op to help you. This might be more affective, and solve problems.

kthx
08-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Well first off I think Ikrit and Weaver deserve some credit for doing this elaborate new system, and I hope it works well. However my darker side thinks that this is just going to be a waste of time. People are still going to doublesquad, people are still going to lie to get extra accounts, the problem with internet security be it a game or anything else, is there is always someone out there better than the person who coded the protection to screw things up for it heh.

Ikrit
08-04-2006, 02:42 PM
agreed, you guys need to be smarter with the choice of places. I think you should have to put a password into the twdbot if you use a different pc so u can play instantly instead of waiting on a TWD op to help you. This might be more affective, and solve problems.

Right... put a password into the bot so you can hop onto another computer, enter your password and play just like before.

*sighs at noobishness of players these days*

I was looking at all the db stuff right now and it may be possible (not saying anything for sure though) to keep the player squad records since there are no dependencies on TWD userID in history...

Ikrit
08-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Well first off I think Ikrit and Weaver deserve some credit for doing this elaborate new system, and I hope it works well. However my darker side thinks that this is just going to be a waste of time. People are still going to doublesquad, people are still going to lie to get extra accounts, the problem with internet security be it a game or anything else, is there is always someone out there better than the person who coded the protection to screw things up for it heh.

hrm, we need DoCk> to secure our stuff! DoCk> is like insane about security ;)

kthx
08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Lol I know, I remember posting something on the CE forums when some guy said he had a copy of the Continuum Code, I just laughed at him and told him Dock> and Priitk are too good, and why lie if -2ez- n00b put CE on head etc.

Ephemeral
08-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the time and effort you guys have put into this stuff.

Nimrook
08-04-2006, 09:16 PM
it appears no

i donno pacone.. but i like looking back on squads i was on.. makes u feel old.. lol

cLoTh
08-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Right... put a password into the bot so you can hop onto another computer, enter your password and play just like before.

*sighs at noobishness of players these days*

I was looking at all the db stuff right now and it may be possible (not saying anything for sure though) to keep the player squad records since there are no dependencies on TWD userID in history...

If you put a custom password into a bot, then you wont need the twdops to keep adding computers. You can have it so that the bot keeps records of the computers you use with your name.

Ikrit
08-04-2006, 11:40 PM
If you put a custom password into a bot, then you wont need the twdops to keep adding computers. You can have it so that the bot keeps records of the computers you use with your name.

You don't get it... we don't WANT people to be able to add their own computers... that's basically what the system is now and people are abusing it by adding all the names they want to from different computers.

This system has been well thought out... stop trying to modify it when your ideas aren't well thought out.

Izor
08-05-2006, 02:00 AM
This system has been well thought out... stop trying to modify it when your ideas aren't well thought out.

rofl. but yeah, this plan is pretty foolproof except for people lying about their siblings playing on computers that they dont own and shit. But thats unavoidable

Jones
08-05-2006, 02:49 AM
can someone please answer my questions as everything else has been answered already

Shadowmere
08-05-2006, 03:36 AM
rofl. but yeah, this plan is pretty foolproof except for people lying about their siblings playing on computers that they dont own and shit. But thats unavoidable
You're correct but this has always been a problem.

Not many ways to avoid this. (If at all)

Izor
08-05-2006, 04:08 AM
oh yeah, full charges should be removed also, jones. At least thats what was said during the season

Commander
08-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Why would you want to keep your squad history? It will show how long you havent had a life for. So its good that they will be erased :fear: :grin: :P

Sesshoumaru
08-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Great work guys, this new system will definetely cut down on doublesquadders. I would just like to know what the plan is for these situations:

CreaK
08-05-2006, 02:38 PM
when will this take effect? also gj weaver/Ikrit! :wub:

Izor
08-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Great work guys, this new system will definetely cut down on doublesquadders. I would just like to know what the plan is for these situations:

Register a new name and doublesquad. No one will know, or at least beable to prove it if the ip is different

JuNkA
08-05-2006, 03:16 PM
oh yeah, full charges should be removed also, jones. At least thats what was said during the season

Half of my gameplay depends on full charge. Its been like that forever, and there's nothing wrong with it. It just adds an element of surprise. Who cares if its lame, spawning is lame too. All part of the game. And its a good game.

Not sure if this is what the thread is about tho, just hopping in.

Ward
08-05-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm thinking of changing it so you will be allowed to change squads once every 24 hours without a wait
Really good idea, you can scrap the dumb 12 hour rule now

Shadowmere
08-05-2006, 03:50 PM
when will this take effect? also gj weaver/Ikrit! :wub:
Learn to read please

cLoTh
08-05-2006, 11:33 PM
You don't get it... we don't WANT people to be able to add their own computers... that's basically what the system is now and people are abusing it by adding all the names they want to from different computers.

lol ikrit, ppl with laptops and different types of internet connections can still register new names using different computers. For example, one of my friends use the same internet connection, but it sends out a different IP address, etc. so he can register 2 names if he wanted to using 2 different computers. So don't say stop trying to modify it, because yours isn't completely genious as well. Its just a step up.

Biotic
08-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Seems good :grin: :D

Biotic
08-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Would dis reset ALL the names including the names that are banned? ok....

pascone
08-06-2006, 06:34 PM
just type ?usage to feel old :wub:

Deluge
08-06-2006, 07:19 PM
what do u look at with this system mac id or some other shit because everything can be changed without reformatting and i can still register tons of names within minutes. Good Idea tho i guess LOL

Weaver
08-06-2006, 11:10 PM
what do u look at with this system mac id or some other shit because everything can be changed without reformatting and i can still register tons of names within minutes. Good Idea tho i guess LOL

Good thinking deluge, there is just one problem. If the system does rely on MIDs and if you changed your ID then you woudnt be able to use the name that you registered on the previous ID because the bots wouldn't allow you to enter. Perhaps you should read the post at the beginning of the thread again!

tales
08-06-2006, 11:37 PM
do you ugys have an exact time for when the reset and everything will happen?

Weaver
08-07-2006, 12:06 AM
do you ugys have an exact time for when the reset and everything will happen?

I am aiming for some time in the next 7 days. The switch will require the collaborative effort of several people. Its just a matter of getting them all on the same page and doing it.

tales
08-07-2006, 12:47 AM
thanks

McVicar
08-07-2006, 06:53 AM
So when roughly will this new system be put in place?

McVicar
08-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Oh wait nevermind, only saw the first page :(

Material Geek
08-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Since i will be moving house several time in the next few months, just trying to clarify that it doesnt matter where i connect from, just if i use the same computer right?

kronic
08-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Good idea's. Any idea of a time around when this will be put in place?

Ikrit
08-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Good idea's. Any idea of a time around when this will be put in place?

- The system will be put into effect shortly after this TWL season is over.

How would you know the ideas if you didn't even read the whole first post?...

Carnivale
08-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Population before 400 after reset 250 $

MetalHeadz
08-07-2006, 03:27 PM
big ups to ikrit

Deluge
08-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Good thinking deluge, there is just one problem. If the system does rely on MIDs and if you changed your ID then you woudnt be able to use the name that you registered on the previous ID because the bots wouldn't allow you to enter. Perhaps you should read the post at the beginning of the thread again!

ok weaver say it does rely on MID since it only takes a couple minutes to change, u can write down what name u have registered to what MID number.

no system is flawless

Chuck Norris
08-07-2006, 05:01 PM
i cant be me if i change my modem?
assuming you take the mac id from it.
oh well, i can then be "Chuck Norris..."

Ikrit
08-07-2006, 05:25 PM
ok weaver say it does rely on MID since it only takes a couple minutes to change, u can write down what name u have registered to what MID number.

no system is flawless

The day you find a way to change your MID to whatever the hell you want it is the day I quit TW. In reality, you don't know SHIT about the MID system or probably anything that has to do with programming. So, instead of trying to act badass how about you go read a book.

Ok 2nd edit just to continue my rant... Deluge, when I get on tonight I'll tell you a MID to change to, you change to it, I check, and we'll repeat that a few times. If you get them all right, I'll give you sysop in TWDev zone... if you get it wrong I ?ban deluge in TW every week until I get bored, think you have what it takes?

tales
08-07-2006, 06:34 PM
we should change the jd map also, along with the big changes <_<

Slick
08-08-2006, 02:38 AM
While we're cleaning TWD.. (Don't know if anyone already said this in this thread) You should just problably remove twsd. Click here to see why. (http://twd.trenchwars.org/ladders/13)

Shadowmere
08-08-2006, 03:39 AM
While we're cleaning TWD.. (Don't know if anyone already said this in this thread) You should just problably remove twsd. Click here to see why. (http://twd.trenchwars.org/ladders/13)
Dont you worry about that.

It's being worked on.

Displaced
08-08-2006, 07:32 AM
i havent read all of this, so i apologize if its been asked already...

but what about people like myself who play from a variety of computers in a variety of locations?

ive got more than one comp at home, i play this at work, i play this at friends houses, i play this at my parents house, i play this on vacations...

am i supposed to be a clairvoyant and tell a twl op that im gonna be going to paris in 4 weeks and im gonna have that ip and so on for the next week?

CrvenBan
08-08-2006, 08:34 AM
ive got more than one comp at home, i play this at work, i play this at friends houses, i play this at my parents house, i play this on vacations...

I bet you play this while you're in the bed with your imaginary gf

Zerzera
08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
I am selling 4 sibling proxies, who wants one?

Sleuth
08-08-2006, 09:35 AM
I bet you play this while you're in the bed with your imaginary gf

LOL

Deluge
08-08-2006, 01:42 PM
The day you find a way to change your MID to whatever the hell you want it is the day I quit TW. In reality, you don't know SHIT about the MID system or probably anything that has to do with programming. So, instead of trying to act badass how about you go read a book.

Ok 2nd edit just to continue my rant... Deluge, when I get on tonight I'll tell you a MID to change to, you change to it, I check, and we'll repeat that a few times. If you get them all right, I'll give you sysop in TWDev zone... if you get it wrong I ?ban deluge in TW every week until I get bored, think you have what it takes?

First off i would like to start off by saying, You are an idiot. Second of all you can change ur MID(not to whatever number u feel like) but you have to follow the pattern and there is many to choose from u can register a good 10 names. Keep your mouth shut kid.

Ikrit
08-08-2006, 02:00 PM
First off i would like to start off by saying, You are an idiot. Second of all you can change ur MID(not to whatever number u feel like) but you have to follow the pattern and there is many to choose from u can register a good 10 names. Keep your mouth shut kid.

Fine, same deal but you have to show me at least 6 different MIDs that you can switch between semi-quickly and keep the same IP address so I know it's not some other person on your account.

Do that then I'll shut my mouth, until then I'd suggest you shut yours.

Deluge
08-08-2006, 02:08 PM
when my ban is over ill show u.

You're prolly mad that u worked hard on this system and i found a loophole. On the bright side 98% of tw wont be able or even bother to do that.

gnarl
08-08-2006, 02:11 PM
OMG NO, past squad history is going to be deleted. I worked hard to get onto My little pony's and *lethal penguins*, damn u staff! damn u tohelllll!!! Hi weaver

Ikrit
08-08-2006, 02:25 PM
when my ban is over ill show u.

You're prolly mad that u worked hard on this system and i found a loophole. On the bright side 98% of tw wont be able or even bother to do that.

I'll give you banfree in TWDev to show me, I'm not mad anyway :P, I just enjoy banning stupid people so I'm more impatient because it has been over a day and I still haven't gotten to ?ban you yet...

Purple Heart
08-08-2006, 07:01 PM
nvm

HeavyAmp
08-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Do you figure out which comp that you are allowed to play from by its ip if so that doesnt help me because i dont have a fixed ip address, i get a new each time i dial up with my internet service provider, plus ive got a brother (limeric) who happens to be in the same squad as me, Sparire go sparire :P, we play at the same time so that proves where not the same person using two accounts. we each have our own computer. Im a little confused about how this is going to effect my dding after the bots go back online. A little enlightenment would be great :)

Weaver
08-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Do you figure out which comp that you are allowed to play from by its ip if so that doesnt help me because i dont have a fixed ip address, i get a new each time i dial up with my internet service provider, plus ive got a brother (limeric) who happens to be in the same squad as me, Sparire go sparire :P, we play at the same time so that proves where not the same person using two accounts. we each have our own computer. Im a little confused about how this is going to effect my dding after the bots go back online. A little enlightenment would be great :)

We use a couple things to identify users. IP is one of them. I know some people use dialup and don't have fixed IPs. It wont be a problem, the new system takes it into account =).

Stabwound
08-08-2006, 10:03 PM
I see we got to keep our squad history... kinda.

Pixelated FooL
08-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Yes, about dynamic IPs, it wont bother me right? mine chagnes every week and sometimes even days, its not fixed at all. the IPs change from various different ranges as well, so hope your system doesnt only check the first couple octets and then allows change in only the last few