PDA

View Full Version : ?message groups of people

PaulOakenfold
01-30-2003, 11:41 AM
If this is enabled already please beat the fuck out of me, but if it isn't, I would like an option to message several people with the same message, or maybe even a ?message (squad):(text).

Stabwound
01-30-2003, 11:52 AM
To message a squad, you use this:

:#squad: fhgksfhasfjlasgfdjlf

PaulOakenfold
01-30-2003, 12:31 PM
no i mean perma message... like if they're not on or what not

Tanker
01-30-2003, 01:18 PM
?squadmessage <squad name>: <message>

That would be a good idea. :)

PaulOakenfold
01-30-2003, 02:48 PM
If it were to be implimented, you could put together an easy squad news letter, without having to do it via email or some other medium.

Troll King
01-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah, but just imagine the spam.

PaulOakenfold
01-30-2003, 05:18 PM
well spam would be just as big as a problem with this than any other means of communication.

Troll King
01-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Or worse, if certain squads don't get along with certain other ones.

wadi
01-30-2003, 06:32 PM
Increasing the level of complexity, you could only make ?squadmessage available to your own squad. Though some captains would chase their squaddies away with waves of filth.

stark
01-30-2003, 07:10 PM
i don't think there'd be anymore spam with that then a :#squad: or a ?message... i'm sure squads would get the occasional message from some newb asking to get on squad, or a message from a sore-loser, but i think it would still be more beneficial then spammy.

Qbe
01-30-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by stark
i don't think there'd be anymore spam with that then a :#squad: or a ?message... i'm sure squads would get the occasional message from some newb asking to get on squad, or a message from a sore-loser, but i think it would still be more beneficial then spammy.
True. I'd say give it a shot; if there are too many complaints, then disable it. *shrug*... wouldn't hurt anyone to try it.

triceratops
01-31-2003, 02:21 AM
in EQ when you login there is a Guild Message of the Day (MOTD) telling you, "GO TO THE MAGICAL PRINCESS TUNARE LAND AND SLAY THE ELVEN WAR SCEPTER TODAY AT 8PM EST" or something similar. this could be helpful in Continuum; however the way things work in Continuum are more spontaneous, so it may be hard to plan ahead. Would be cool if implimented.

Also while we're on the subject of possible changes, would it be too hard just to make a chat client that could connect to the sscu servers or whatever without having to run the game in the background? A lot of times I just sign on just so I can make pirate jokes at Mattey then I leave; its unnecesarry CPU USAGE D)00D!!

Bosshawk
01-31-2003, 04:07 AM
ive spent time trying to ?message my squad too....

interesting though....messages as it is now will only store 1 per person...

if you squadmessage and they havent gotten the last message they will lose teh previous...something to remember

but it would sure be a helpful thing..

maybe
?message (mysquad):

instead of the squadname....so that you can only do it to your own squad :)

Fit of Rage
01-31-2003, 05:14 PM
At the least, a nice feature would be ?message <name1>,<name2>,<name3>... etc:message. But I don't know if the current continuum client has the ability to store messages to be sent to multiple people. Something to bring up with PriitK maybe?

Project
02-08-2003, 09:31 PM
not workable for squad newsletters, as you can only message like 100 characters.

PaulOakenfold
02-10-2003, 11:04 AM
quick notes i mean, not neccesarily letters.

Fit of Rage
02-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Any such upgrade would probably need to be included in a Continuum .38 upgrade, if/when it ever comes out. I'd send PriitK an email concerning it, seeing if it's feasible or not.

Edit: I can't spell.

Qbe
02-11-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by triceratops
in EQ when you login there is a Guild Message of the Day (MOTD) telling you, "GO TO THE MAGICAL PRINCESS TUNARE LAND AND SLAY THE ELVEN WAR SCEPTER TODAY AT 8PM EST" or something similar. this could be helpful in Continuum; however the way things work in Continuum are more spontaneous, so it may be hard to plan ahead. Would be cool if implimented.

Also while we're on the subject of possible changes, would it be too hard just to make a chat client that could connect to the sscu servers or whatever without having to run the game in the background? A lot of times I just sign on just so I can make pirate jokes at Mattey then I leave; its unnecesarry CPU USAGE D)00D!!
What server you play on tri?