Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting the lol back in hololocaust

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060814...mediaholocaust

An international contest of cartoons on the Holocaust opened in Tehran in response to the publication in Western papers last September of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed.
    ADVERTISEMENT

"We staged this fair to explore the limits of freedom Westerners believe in," Masoud Shojai, head of the country's "Iran Cartoon" association and the fair organizer, said.

"They can freely write anything they like about our prophet, but if one raises doubts about the Holocaust he is either fined or sent to prison," he added.

So a Dutch (non-jewish) magazine had some people make cartoons about Muhammud, which pissed off a bunch of Muslims. How did the Jewish people get involved in this? Refresh my memory, did the Muhammud cartoons make fun of a horrible event from the past of the Muslim faith? No? Didn't think so.

The contest was announced in February in a tit-for-tat move after caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed were first printed in Denmark and then picked up and published worldwide, enraging Muslims.

hypocrisy

n 1: an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction [syn: lip service] 2: insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

LOLOLOL I still find it funny!
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

South Park made the funniest point about this.

People will willingly show Jesus shitting on people, and defaming His name, but the second Muhammad is shown, it's over the line.

Fuck that.
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

thats fucking gross
        1:abbot> i think i played well
        1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
        1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
        7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
        7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
        7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
        oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
        oar> but its ok

Comment

-_-

Comment

Hmm I don't think anyone will be bombing and rioting your shit about it, they won't like it for sure, but they won't be trying to kill you over it, so I guess no one will be fined, jacked off, whatever.

Oh wait, uh, Israel might? Hmm, I guess only time will tell?
            sage

Comment

I lost all respect for islam when nothing in denmark was bombed after they published the mohammed-pictures.
              Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo
                I lost all respect for islam when nothing in denmark was bombed after they published the mohammed-pictures.
                yeah they gotta back that shit up next time, an eye for an eye is so passe. it should be an eye for a motherfucking city next time islam or i won't even send you a fucking christmas card.
                Originally posted by turmio
                jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                Originally posted by grand
                I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I dont see the big deal with this really. they need to find something to hit back with and this is the easiest target and the whole point of it is to stir shit up.. this is like the most reasonable action ever from these guys (not by real logic of course, but to them..)

muslim > jew

or jew > muslim?

Hume > both

Imagine how many suggestions gamma will be sending in O_o
                  Last edited by Mantra-Slider; 08-15-2006, 04:53 AM.
                  Originally posted by Tyson
                  There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                  Originally posted by HeavenSent
                  Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                  Originally posted by Izor
                  Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

A lot of things can cross the line between acceptable and unacceptable. The difference is in Iran you get shot or killed in some horrible way, in Western Societies freedom of speach defends all of it, the acceptable and unacceptable. It's not a battle between legally, morally or ethically drawing the line somewhere with the Islamic world, they just want The West to find it offensive beyond all the layers of Govnt. and philosophical debate but our cultures are not organized in such a way to ban publications of any nature in they way the Muslim world can and does.
                    Last edited by Kolar; 08-15-2006, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                      our cultures are not organized in such a way to ban publications of any nature in they way the Muslim world can and does.
                      I guess somebody wasn't paying attention during the Muhammad comictroversy!
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                        I guess somebody wasn't paying attention during the Muhammad comictroversy!
                        What I meant was because our cultures are not dominated (I am speaking in ideal terms here, if you disagree about Western Civilization) by any faith, religion, or belief system and just because the media in general (and there were some who still held out for a while) decided to give into these demands out of fear does not mean change was effected by our beliefs, important figures, Govnt. boddies or by any source but fear, not respect.

The way our societies are organized could not at the time allow for complete, organized and total banishment of these or any publications but in countires like Iran the media, social interaction and the Govt. ect.. is dominated by a single belief and religion. That's why no matter what these crazy fundamentalist wanted the west could not provide. It was all just bullshit to induce more fear anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                          South Park made the funniest point about this.

People will willingly show Jesus shitting on people, and defaming His name, but the second Muhammad is shown, it's over the line.

Fuck that.
                          Thats because the Christian world isn't so highly strung over the capitalist domination and to a certain extent oppression of the western civilization over the east
                          Originally posted by Facetious
                          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                            So a Dutch (non-jewish) magazine had some people make cartoons about Muhammud, which pissed off a bunch of Muslims. How did the Jewish people get involved in this? Refresh my memory, did the Muhammud cartoons make fun of a horrible event from the past of the Muslim faith? No? Didn't think so.
                            I just had to say this, you piss me off so much.

If you want to know why the muslims see the christians and jews as brothers and hate them both in the same light, this will help.

Jew Watch
                            Last edited by SkiTzO; 08-16-2006, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiTzO
                              I just had to say this, you piss me off so much.
                              Recently discovered a vid of SkiTzO.

Comment

Working...
                              X