Dead Squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Squads

This might have been said by someone before, but is it possible to remove dead squads? You can't challneg them and they are taking up space on the ladder.

Atheist, Betray, Fear, and a bunch of others are dead squads. Remove?
    chocolate gravy

It's too difficult for the squad leaders to use the "dissolve this squad" link on the web page I guess.

llater,
    Tony

Comment

I just implemented the timeout rule (you disappear from the ladder if you haven't played a TWD for 3 days in TWDD and TWJD, 5 days in TWBD).
      Since TWD bots are only half functional, I doubled these limits (so 6 in TWDD/TWJD and 10 for TWBD).

Comment

I like the idea of squads automatically being removed, its not easy to remove them by hand, especially now the Roster has got so large.

What about new squads entering TWD. Could you not have a longer timeout period, so that they can get the squad all signed up. Maybe Double the normal time.

Would it be possible to have chillout periods, say 2-3 a season, where a squad could take a break of 5-6 days from TWD. For any reason what so ever. However during this "chillout" period, squads cannot challange or be challanged. And impose a rule that chillout periods cannot happen 2 weeks from their initial sign up to TWD or 2 weeks from the end of TWD.

Just thinking outloud again

-aphix
        help: (skate) (elim): I fell off my chair, can someone help me up?

Comment

If you play after the timeout do you return to your place in the ladder with the previous rating?

llater,
          Tony

Comment

yeah, unless you suggest a small point penelty. With some indication on the Squad profile, if and when timouts where taken as well as points at time of timeout.

aphix
            help: (skate) (elim): I fell off my chair, can someone help me up?

Comment

Make it a longer time then that...
              Lets say you only plan to base on the weekends, make it at least 7 days for base, and at least 5 days for javs and wb.
              :yawn:

Comment

yep I might

Comment

Myth may I suggest a longer time period such as one week or 10 days? I mean the dropping off the ladder is for genuinely dead squads, and it seems a bit silly that a squad can be removed after 3 days. Many squads might not play for 3 days, and then they will think that they got dropped and just stop playing or complain or something

-Epi
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

I imagine you go right back on the ladder as soon as you play your next game, but I agree with a longer time period. 7-10 days sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                      I imagine you go right back on the ladder as soon as you play your next game, but I agree with a longer time period. 7-10 days sounds good.
                      yeh thats what i was thinkin
                      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Yeah I think a 3 day timelimit is quite too little. 6 maybe also...
                        sometimes people have a busy week. Its better if you are not
                        obligated to play ss then.
                        .: ExquisiteHosting.com
                        .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
                        zzz

Comment

I'M NOT DISSOLVING WTFZ NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!!

WHAT AM I DOING UP AT 3AM IN THE MORNING?!? NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS THAT'S WHAT. FUCK YOU I'M IMPORTANT.
                          I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

WHAT THE FUUUUUCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

3 days might be a little harsh
                              Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Working...
                              X