ANOTHERBrilliant Idea :-P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHERBrilliant Idea :-P

Ok.. this change can't take effect until a new Continuum client comes out, but still.. it's an idea. ( BUT.. because of your STUPID rules... I can't copy and paste a PICTURE of the new stats box :-( )
    Now just to prove who's a "lagg0t" or not... ping times in the stat box! What a novel idea! Since the stats box is already in real time, just a little coding needs to be done to add this little feature. But, once again, I can't show you the new interface due to these stupid rules :-(. However, if you are interested in seeing it, put your e-mail address in your post ( or PM me ), and I will e-mail it as an attachment to you. I think this is definetly an idea that should be tested in a new client. Oh well.. that's all for now.
    -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Is there something that prevents you from posting a link to the image for now? I don't know that I'm ever going to open things up to allow people to actually attach files to the posts, but I should allow the [IMG] tag soon.
    -Dantax
    The Internet connects us all,
    The short, the fat, the thin, the tall,
    we buy, we sell, we learn, we grow,
    dial-up, fizz-fuzz, connect, let's go!

Comment

Uh, what stat box? The one in the upper right corner?

You can see other people's pingtimes to you, just like mods, and you can see your own by typing ?lag.
      That's basically all you need. What lag THEY have when typing ?lag is irrelevant. It's how much he lags to YOU that will matter.
      Warfare> Waerfare, who's that?
      MILITANT> wearfare
      MILITANT> it's lycanthropy for... fares
      MILITANT> bus fares
      ToP_DawG!> yah
      MILITANT> at the full moon, you become a New York City Metro ticket

Comment

I think he means the F2 lists.

Comment

Would the ping still be relevant to the user just like how it shows it next to their names, or based on their lag to the server like when you spec people in certain arenas it shows you their s2c ping latency?
          sage

Comment

It would be just like the ping tags you can have on next to the player's name in game...
            -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

so why not just turn on the lag tag thingy beside name instead of all this stuff
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

although is "the lag tag thingy" a true indication of latency, when 0.37/6 (cant remember which version it was intoduced) was realeased, it was the first thing i did before staring up Continuum, only to find that i was a waste of space and didnt give me a reading that was correct.

So I turned it off. - althought it is fair to mention this was back in the day when i was on a 56k

How about it is added as:

(1 )A completley new section in the stat box, as you cycle threw

| Name | Current | s2c | c2c |
                -----------------------------------------------
                |aphix | 60ms | 0% | 0% |

(2) And then have a display showing points/lag ordered in ascending pts.

I agree that a ping indicator in the stat box would be very welcome addition, there is no reason for there not to be one.

- aphix
                Last edited by aphix; 07-15-2002, 07:32 PM.
                help: (skate) (elim): I fell off my chair, can someone help me up?

Comment

Actually, yeah, that sounds pretty cool..
                  Can it be done, though?
                  Warfare> Waerfare, who's that?
                  MILITANT> wearfare
                  MILITANT> it's lycanthropy for... fares
                  MILITANT> bus fares
                  ToP_DawG!> yah
                  MILITANT> at the full moon, you become a New York City Metro ticket

Comment

Im sure the code is embeded into contimuum somewhere, because users with moderator powers have the ability to view ping times, its just a question of giving 'ping time' viewing permissions to 'everyone'

Im sure its not a complex task, if you know what your doing **cough: Priit **

- aphix
                    help: (skate) (elim): I fell off my chair, can someone help me up?

Comment

Working...
                    X