Fucking Hurricanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking Hurricanes

Honestly, it's not bad to get days off from school and shit, but me it aint that fun. A) I have to storm-proof my house (which is like mad hard work) and B) My family is so freaked out about hurricanes they like put me on lockdown so I can't really go storm rummaging or whatever...

My Dad and I have to put up our "shutters" on the windows, we have to blockade 11 Windows, 6 of which with large plywood, and the other 5 with hockey rink walls that my uncle stole from his construction site for us (We are poor so we are Ghetto with our materials ok).

It usually took us days to complete this shit, but after several hurricanes my Dad was smart enough to apply little things to make the process faster (like screws in the house outside walls to where we hold the plywood tightly in with wings to secure it. And drilled holes in the hockey rink walls (which by the way we have to clean them off, cause we use it every hurricane) and wrapped rope tight into those things made out of metal and looks like a open circle). It works for those of you that think otherwise, it survived hurricanes category 3 (i don't know about 4) so far. So now our process takes up just hours, but after years of experience we finally broke it down to our best time (IN THE FUCKING BLAZING HEAT AND HUMIDITY) which is: 1 Hour and 40 Minutes.

Here is a crude image of where the windows are
    The ones on the front are symmetrical in size as well as the ones in the back
    the ones on the side is a bit taller and the green stuff is bushes that we have to get through to put that shit up. It is is annoying. that is a tree btw the one in the front, It's small but strong (it survived every fucking hurricane dated back to Andrew).
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

ERNESTO is veering more west I think so you might not be right in the middle of it. It's also a Tropical Storm now so if it can speed up or keep its current speed it shouldn't be a hurricane when it hits Florida.

Comment

this is the rule of my parents

if school gets closed, shutters go up and wont come down till november.
      sigpic

Comment

move

Move then.

Jesus fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pummel
          Move then.

Jesus fuck.
          yo yo yo your logic is soooooo good that you just seem to find an answer to why I cant afford a house somewhere else (I think I mentioned I was somewhat poor in the above posts) out of florida especially when no one will buy houses down here. Stop responding with your douchebaggery replies asstwat. If I could move I would.
          sigpic

Comment

Pies

I like pies.

Comment

Dam. Good luck, man. Ask PH for survival advice. He evades hurricanes like bums evade sobriety.

Comment

Your building looks mean, like it has evil eyes. If I were a hurricane, I'd punch it in the face.
                afksry

Comment

Your house looks like a battlebot.

Stay safe. Live to battle another day.

llater,
                  Tony

Comment

I said it was a CRUDE drawring
                    sigpic

Comment

Hope everything turns out alright for you, Gran. Can someone catch me up to speed with the hurricanes this season, I've been missing out. Is Cali supposed to get one as well? I think I glanced at a newspaper and saw something along those lines.
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                        Is Cali supposed to get one as well?
                        Tropical cyclones hitting California are very rare. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ropical_storms

It's been a slow season so far, but Ernesto is a bit of a concern.

llater,
                        Tony

Comment

Ok so if a hurricane is named after a male (usually with a foreign name such as Georges, Frances, Ernesto) are pussy ass storms.
                          Ones who have female names or American sounding male names (Katrina, Wilma, Andrew) are hardcore.
                          sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to the day when Billy Bob destroys the east coast. :detective
                            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                            3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero
                              Ok so if a hurricane is named after a male (usually with a foreign name such as Georges, Frances, Ernesto) are pussy ass storms.
                              Ones who have female names or American sounding male names (Katrina, Wilma, Andrew) are hardcore.
                              Uh, aren't the names predetermined at the year's start, and go in alphabetical order?
                              Oh, you were trying to reassure yourself.
                              YOU'RE GOING TO DIE
                              afksry

Comment

Working...
                              X