The Madden '07 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Madden '07 Thread

Boo! After being a 2k football gamer, this is my first Madden game since 2001, after which I bought 2k3-2k5 until Madden basically bought the NFL. IMHO, the 2k games were better, but whatever.

Madden made some subtle changes that really change the game. First, when you zoom out to look at your passers, or the route of running, the clock DOESN'T MOVE. I don't know if this is a setting or something, but seriously, what a fucking exploit. I can just hold it there until I want to hike, where I let go and snap it quickly, letting me lose less than 2 seconds every play I call, allowing for excellent comebacks.

Futher, they have Madden Online, finally. Last night I ventured into the online world but without knowing a few things. On 4th down, you have to punt or attempt a FG. I got so pissed off at that last night I quit the game when I was 4th and Inches at the opponent's 25 yard line. What the fuck Madden?

Also, sometimes the blockers... they just stand there when you are running. I can run directly behind them and they will just stand there as a DE runs past them and knocks my fucking block off. Also, they added this "highlight stick" for RBs. You tap it up or to the left/right to make quick moves or evade or overpower tacklers. The only problem is there is no way to do that and sprint at the same time, at least not on the original XBOX. When I played this on the XBOX360, the controls were easier to do so.

Overall, Madden really fucking drops the ball on this one.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

There's an in-game setting that prohibits players from go for things like 4th down attempts or two-point conversions or onside kicks when a real NFL team wouldn't normally attempt it in a similar situation. This was added to prevent cheesiness from some players who did it way too often. This can be toggled on and off in the system settings, but for online games it might not be possible, at least not without your opponent agreeing to it first.

I haven't noticed the time-stopping bug on play previewing. I'm playing on the PS2 though, so that might be the difference. I also haven't played online, so I can't comment on that. EDIT: Did it happen all the time, or just online?

As for using the highlight stick while sprinting, you aren't really supposed to use them at the same time. Technically, it is possible to press both controls simultaneously, but the game is programmed to lessen the effectiveness of those moves while the sprint button is held anyway. Realistically, can you expect a football player to juke at a sprint? The move requires you to slow down, even if just for a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
      I haven't noticed the time-stopping bug on play previewing. I'm playing on the PS2 though, so that might be the difference. I also haven't played online, so I can't comment on that. EDIT: Did it happen all the time, or just online?
      It doesn't happen in Online, thank god. Not like I want to return to Online anytime soon. I recently played it with my little cousin so I switched it to Rookie mode for him, but I'm not sure if it is to blame for it. I should probably check that, but I'm not near my XBOX atm.

Originally posted by Troll King
      As for using the highlight stick while sprinting, you aren't really supposed to use them at the same time. Technically, it is possible to press both controls simultaneously, but the game is programmed to lessen the effectiveness of those moves while the sprint button is held anyway. Realistically, can you expect a football player to juke at a sprint? The move requires you to slow down, even if just for a moment.
      It's not the juke that I'm looking for, because if I really need to juke I shouldn't be running full speed anyhow. It's when I'm running upfield and there is a guy to my upper left that a stiff arm won't pick up. I want to lower my head and take the hit and see if I can just bounce off, but I have to slow down to do it, so I just get tackled anyhow. Oh well, I guess I have to practice that.
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

madden is always been good for me, but the recent editions of madden have blockers on punt returns doing shit. I don't know why this is so, so I never get a fucking punt return. At first i thought it was because they implied defense wins championships back with ray lewis as cover model, but now it is just that blockers wont do shit unless you have toggled your player icon onto it. I rather have them block for me while I wait for ball to drop in my hands and reggie bush their asses.
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

I think the kick return blocking is better this year than the last few versions. I remember either 02 or 03 where returning was ridiculously easy, and the next year they over-compensated and made it too hard. I have NCAA 07 as well and the return game there is much better. The NCAA series is still a better overall game than Madden though. I love the way crowd noise is integrated into this year's NCAA for instance.

As for the head lowering while sprinting, that is supposed to slow you down too, as you close your arms around the ball and lower your head. Another improvement NCAA has over Madden is mapping both straight arm controls to the same button. There's no need to have seperate left and right straight arms as you'll never do both at the same time and rarely need both in the same play. That would free up another shoulder button.

I find that this year's Madden plays better if you rely less on the sprint button unless you're running downfield ahead of the defenders.

Comment

When I wanna play football, I play Blitz: The League or NFL Street 2. Madden just runs too slow for me and has no "personality" to it. Especally this year, cause there is really no good colour commentary to the game itself. Maybe I just have been watching too much football (soccer) this year, or what, but Madden used to be fun when I was little, but now ... I need some hard hits and faster gameplay.

Oh yeah, and the 4th down special teams lock online ... that sucks my asshole.
            DELETED

Comment

According to wikipedia John Madden is a colour commentator, which are known as summarisers in the UK. Where does the phrase 'colour commentator' originate from?
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

al michaels and john madden are fucking gold what are you talking about.

all it needs is other commentators for minor games rather than having madden and michaels covering every game.
                sigpic

Comment

In Superstar Mode, Madden and Michaels don't even have voice over unless its a "BIG GAME!". It's some announcer over the PA which is lame.

Comment

Exactly, I never got Madden and Michaels when I did "Quick Play" mode. I got the lame PA announcer... blew ass.
                    DELETED

Comment

I had Madden in Online and in Quick Play. And I'm the Dolphins.

Last night I played someone who was going to be the Jets, but changed to Panthers. All he did was stack one side of his D, then cap it off with Pepper so I would have to pass really quick. Fuck that. No one plays true football anymore. At least not online. Of the 3 games I played, I quit one due to extreme dissappointment in playing, but after that, one person simply did Hail Mary passes every day (probably 12 years old) and the other was the Julius Peppers fag.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                        I had Madden in Online and in Quick Play. And I'm the Dolphins.
                        $$$$$$$$$
                        sigpic

Comment

Haven't any of you guys seen the "Madden Challenge" series? The two guys who were in the finals were just doing hail mary plays, pretty much, only. No "real" football, lol.
                          DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                            Haven't any of you guys seen the "Madden Challenge" series? The two guys who were in the finals were just doing hail mary plays, pretty much, only. No "real" football, lol.
                            Well that's gay, because you would get the shit beat out of you here in North Haven. Madden is serious business.

Comment

my cousin would burn the shit out of me with his playmaker ability deep bomb shitting passes
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X