No announcement yet.

Auto-Base Zoner + Staff Zoner = Stupid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Base Zoner + Staff Zoner = Stupid.

Well I am going to say this for a few reasons, the first is because the forums are extremely boring right now and there isn't enough emo stuff to read to keep me entertained. Secondly this is pretty damn annoying.

I don't think staff should be allowed to do *zoners or !adverts for ?go base anymore now that it has automatic zoners. It would be like a mod zonering for baseelim or elim ffs. Base people got what they wanted, and now ?go base is zonered like the other two leagues, but leave it at that, Pubs are already bases, so unless you want to start *zonering for wbduel/javduel while you advert for base then stop doing it.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

i didnt know it was auto-zoned..although i havent been playing for the past 2 weeks. however they need 14-16 people to start unlike baseelim which is only 2.
    the price is right, bitch.

Comment

You're a ####### idiot.

The advertising for ?go base is NOT automatic, if there is 14 players or less in the arena then a staff member may type a command to the bot that sends that zoner to bring people to ?go base.

Before you whine, please know what the #### you're talking about.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth
        You're a ####### idiot.

The advertising for ?go base is NOT automatic, if there is 14 players or less in the arena then a staff member may type a command to the bot that sends that zoner to bring people to ?go base.

Before you whine, please know what the #### you're talking about.

as much as i dont like wark, but you are the idiot here.

zoning for ?go base has been implemented in matchbotRs now. if there arent enough people in the arena, the bot will zone when the staff !start the bot.

i understand where you are coming from wark, and since the implementation, most staff dont zone for base anymore. but there are times when there are more than 20 people in the arena, but more than half of them are afk. the bot wont zone the game cause there are enough ppl in it. thats when a staff can zone for it.
        1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
          as much as i dont like wark, but you are the idiot here.

zoning for ?go base has been implemented in matchbotRs now. if there arent enough people in the arena, the bot will zone when the staff !start the bot.

i understand where you are coming from wark, and since the implementation, most staff dont zone for base anymore. but there are times when there are more than 20 people in the arena, but more than half of them are afk. the bot wont zone the game cause there are enough ppl in it. thats when a staff can zone for it.
          I think we should have to wait for the captains to be like "err, there's no one here to add because they're all afk, zone please" before doing a manual zoner if the bot DIDN'T zone. If the bot zoned and there aren't enough people for 8v8, they should have to play with however many people they got.
          Ban Ikrit

Comment

here's the deal.

we're going to set the whole record straight and then everyone's gonna be dumbfounded by my simple, yet amazingly well thought out explanation.

fact: if !game is typed to a MatchBotR and there are 14 or fewer players in the arena, it will automatically send out a zoner.

fact: the bot does not differentiate between players on the regular spec freq and players on the !notplaying freq.

scenario: given the first two facts, let's say we have 17 people in ?go base and !game is sent to the bot. now, of those 17 people, 8 are on the regular spec freq (meaning they want to play), and 9 are on the !notplaying freq (meaning they don't want to play).

scenario continued: so at this point we only have 8 people who can actually play. we pick our two captains and we're down to 3 picks per captain. and we all end up having ourselves a ridiculously shitty 4v4 basing game.

rest of my points and what not: wark is just bringing this up because i zoned for ?go base last night and it pissed him off and apparently he felt the need to get his bitch on. he's prone to that.

all we have to do is get the bot to differentiate between the two freqs of players. it should only look at players in the regular spec freq, and not just do an arena count. that way, it can zone with 14 or less and there actually will be 14 or less already willing to play.

and finally, as far as i'm concerned, when it's late night EST, i'm talking around 1-4am, who the fuck cares if you zone for a base game? in the grand scheme of things, it is oh so not a big deal.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Question is why are you starting it with that many afkers on !notplaying freq?
              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

If you start it, they will come. (sometimes)

In the end though I agree with wark, I think a double ad is a bit too much, if they're not coming, just accept it's not gonna happen.

The most that should be done at that point is ad in chats.

I don't think it's a horrible crime though, and it's no problem at all if the bot hasn't already zoned.
                afksry

Comment

8 vs 8 basing is about to begin. ?go base -Pure_Luck

three minutes later.

Come to ?go base before I hunt you like bucky phillips -Pure

so of course I.

Kthx> ?help ridiculous. Stop being so ignorant just because you can *zoner.

(RoboHelp)>WARNING: We appreciate your input. However, your excessive abuse of the ?cheater or ?help command will not be tolerated further!

--------------------------

I find it fucking stupid that our "sysop watcher of smods" logs on and gets bored and decided to double *zoner for ?go base because hes bored, and then *zoners again because he didn't get enough players the first time to cure his boredom? Give me a break.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                    here's the deal.

we're going to set the whole record straight and then everyone's gonna be dumbfounded by my simple, yet amazingly well thought out explanation.

fact: if !game is typed to a MatchBotR and there are 14 or fewer players in the arena, it will automatically send out a zoner.

fact: the bot does not differentiate between players on the regular spec freq and players on the !notplaying freq.

scenario: given the first two facts, let's say we have 17 people in ?go base and !game is sent to the bot. now, of those 17 people, 8 are on the regular spec freq (meaning they want to play), and 9 are on the !notplaying freq (meaning they don't want to play).

scenario continued: so at this point we only have 8 people who can actually play. we pick our two captains and we're down to 3 picks per captain. and we all end up having ourselves a ridiculously shitty 4v4 basing game.

rest of my points and what not: wark is just bringing this up because i zoned for ?go base last night and it pissed him off and apparently he felt the need to get his bitch on. he's prone to that.

all we have to do is get the bot to differentiate between the two freqs of players. it should only look at players in the regular spec freq, and not just do an arena count. that way, it can zone with 14 or less and there actually will be 14 or less already willing to play.

and finally, as far as i'm concerned, when it's late night EST, i'm talking around 1-4am, who the fuck cares if you zone for a base game? in the grand scheme of things, it is oh so not a big deal.
                    I couldn't agree more. Then add that we have Banner Boy/Girl/Gay/Lesbian/Whatever bots jumping it at all times as well, I've experienced that I've been the only not afk person in base and still unable to get the game started.

Why are the afk there? Players have arenas where they hang out. They do, some afk in elim spec, others in base !notplaying freq.
                    Others have just played a few base games, and then they leave SS on and just stay in the !notplaying freq.

Why aren't there any players there? Maybe base died out because of: Captain of one freq fucked a game up, or disced, and alot of players left before the game ended.

I haven't EVER seen a staff zone out an advert because the base advert didn't draw enough attention. They do it because there are too many afk'ers in base.

And even tho the zoners were fucking spammed to it was an 8v8 game, atleast 16 players can enjoy themselves. "OH NOEZ, A SENTENCE OF GREEN TEXT IS ANNOYING ME!!! I NEED TO GO TO FORUMZ!".
                    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Yeah its just one line of green text big deal right? Then how about anytime a mod wants a game he just zoners for it? Wbduel dead oh well a mod will zoner for it, baseelim dead, oh well zoner for it, javduel dead? zoner for it. Now perhaps you can see where the problem is. You don't get staff so you can *zoner for any automated event you want to play whenever you want to, that would be considered "Abuse of Power". This zone isn't your personal playground. So stop acting like it.

Oh and Jason I am pretty sure that this stems from your attitude when I told you why it shouldn't be zonered.

Jason>I don't care

Well now you do care, funny isn't it? Maybe you will care more next time about.
                      Last edited by kthx; 09-08-2006, 12:44 PM.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

when i said "i don't care." i meant it as in "i don't care about your eagerness to constantly bitch about something."

and that's pretty much that. dude, stop being such a tightwad and remember we're playing a game here and having some fun. you don't need to have some kind of procedure or rule in place to cover every possible scenario that might ever come up.

i'll say again what i said at the end of my last post in this thread, "and finally, as far as i'm concerned, when it's late night EST, i'm talking around 1-4am, who the fuck cares if you zone for a base game? in the grand scheme of things, it is oh so not a big deal." and you know what? you can even take out the late night EST part and i'd still feel pretty much the same.

on a final note, we're spaceship gamers, not beauracrats.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Here's the deal. Wark, I know, you're pissed about being axed from staff, and complaining about someone asking players via *zoner to play some 8v8 ?go base isn't gonna change anything. Later at night, if there's only 8 people in base, you need to get it kick started with a zoner so it'll last a couple hours. Not like we're zoning base every 5 minutes for every game. Yes, if that were the case, then that'd be obscene. But, seriously, this arguement is pointless.
                          DELETED

Comment

Actually it isn't useless Dameon so first off, fuck you, seriously for bringing up something that you know isn't true.

Pub, Elim, and Baseelim - are the starting arenas and adverted for arenas - and now Base is somewhat adverted for automatically in the loose sense of the word.

Unless staffers want to start zonering for Wbduel, Javduel, and other arenas when they advert for base this is stupid. Most things don't ever or rarely get zonered for because most smods are basers, and so an unfair chunk of zoners are for ?go base - they aren't in an attempt to let other people have fun but because they are bored and can *zoner for it.

As for you Jason I find it funny how you say "we're spaceship gamers, not beauracrats." when this game happens to be as political as it is in its own weird.. way.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx
                              Well I am going to say this for a few reasons, the first is because the forums are extremely boring right now and there isn't enough emo stuff to read to keep me entertained. Secondly this is pretty damn annoying..

lol @ emo stuff and agreed.

edit:lawl i broke the quote box, had to fix it
                              Last edited by Missa; 09-09-2006, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X