PDA

View Full Version : Rick DiPeietro

Nickname
09-13-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm sure I spelt his name wrong, I did this because he has 15 years and 67.5 million to fix it. ample time and money.

Worst move in hockey since they signed Yashin to the 10 year deal? This Isles owner retarded? Discuss.

Sleuth
09-13-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm sure I spelt his name wrong, I did this because he has 15 years and 67.5 million to fix it. ample time and money.

Worst move in hockey since they signed Yashin to the 10 year deal? This Isles owner retarded? Discuss.

Not much more to say, you just said it all ;)

Hero*
09-13-2006, 05:31 PM
saying it is retarded isnt totally true. as we all know islanders suck balls. they are goin to be a rebuilding team just like toronto. This could be in fact the best deal ever pending on how good rick plays. Face it, if he starts playing with figures like .900 save % and 2.1 goals against then every team would wish they had him. I know this is very unlikely but hes only 25, and he has a lot of time to get better. its all about NHL 07 though for 360.

Troll King
09-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Remember this (http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25987) thread?

The worst part is that when he let Neil Smith go, Wang said it was because Smith didn't want to follow his system of doing everything by committee. And then the owner goes off and negotiates DiPietro's contract on his own.

Nickname
09-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Probabilty 1:DiPietro doesn't earn his money, is untradable and may have to be bought out at 2/3rds whats left of his deal. Since nobody wants to waste 20 million for ltierally nothing, that means he's an Islander for at least the next 10 years.

Probability 2:DiPietro owns, and becomes a top flgiht goaltender. he now is angry because unlike other top flight goalies not named Brodeur, he is vastly underpaid (The Bulin wall makes 7 million, Kipper is way up there, hell so is Roalie the Goalie) He now is in a dressing room filled with people not as good as him, who make more money. Welcome to your lockerroom controversy.

Exotic
09-14-2006, 09:52 PM
I read somewhere that a USFL team signed Steve Young to a 43-year 46$ million contract back in the day