Heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes

what'd you guys think? i thought it was pretty good. if they develop the characters thoroughly and progress the story nicely and consistently, i think it would turn out to be a great series.
    LA

It's one of my favorite albums.
    FREE MANDELA

Comment

some of the dialogue was complete and utter bullshit

"do you ever think that you're destined to be extraordinary? to be... special?"

man fuck you i'll watch x-men if i want to see some cheap wolverine and archangell ripoffs thanks.

i liked it i plan on watching it in the future, just hope it doesn't get to drama-y.
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I hope it does. This show is supposed to focus on the human element, how people learn about their abilities and how they will be changed by them.

Comment

Hmm..... I dunno..... really. I'll keep watching, but .... I still don't know what to make of it.
          DELETED

Comment

Seems like a lot of people think that show is going to be any different than any other network drama. Can't imagine why.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

It's actually one of the first TV shows lately that I've watched and got a bit interested in. I'll try to catch the next few episodes... but it does seem a bit like an X-Men ripoff.

I kinda thought that it jumped back and forth a little too much. Got a bit confusing. There was also a preview at the end of the episode which pretty much spoiled the entire concept of the show.
              sdg

Comment

Yeah, that preview just told you the entire plot for the beginning, really ..... that's what confused me.
                DELETED

Comment

I'll get back to you in a year when the pilot airs here.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I've never heard of it till reading this thread but it sounds like Mutant X, was anyone able to tolerate watching that shit?

Comment

nope!
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

The comparisons to X-men are only through genre rather than style. Stylistically, the show follows the trend of other continuing weekly series such as Lost. A more accurate description would be if the producers of Lost made a show about superheroes. It tries very hard to keep things mysterious by feeding us only bits and pieces and forcing the viewer to try to put the picture together.

The characters aren't going to start donning spandex and capes and refer to each other by code names. The show is more about average people suddenly discovering that they have extraordinary abilities. A great disaster is on its way, as foreshadowed in the first episode, and the various characters will eventually unite to prevent it.

Comparisons to X-men are more superficial in the "ooh, they've got freaky powers" kind of way, but that's just the opening premise. In truth, Heroes and X-men both stem from the general comic book, superhero genre, and saying the show is an X-men ripoff is giving the comic way too much credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Superted View Post
                          I've never heard of it till reading this thread but it sounds like Mutant X, was anyone able to tolerate watching that shit?
                          "the master of electricity"

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                            Comparisons to X-men are more superficial in the "ooh, they've got freaky powers" kind of way, but that's just the opening premise. In truth, Heroes and X-men both stem from the general comic book, superhero genre, and saying the show is an X-men ripoff is giving the comic way too much credit.
                            Eh, then you could argue how much of an impact X-men has had with the comic community if it's the first thing people compare this show to. Would it be giving it way too much credit it considering the amount of fans and money the series has brought to comics?
                            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Again, that's only a superficial comparison. Someone mentioned a Wolverine ripoff earlier, but that's only because one character has a self healing ability. But beyond that, the character is a high school cheerleader who is freaked out about what she can do that she seems suicidal. Someone else mentioned an Archangel comparison, but there's no character with wings. The only thing close is a guy who can fly, but it's not like Archangel is the only superhero capable of flight. These are all standard comic book style abilities. Mutant X was a direct ripoff of X-men, not just in the characters' abilities but also in style, theme and even plot, but Heroes is pulling from comics in general. Whether you like this show or not, just watching it will show that it's no Mutant X.

Comment

Working...
                              X