X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warcraft III

Well? What do you think about it?

Oooooo I LOVE it
    i just got it yesterday, and so far I haven't played it THAT much(only completed the human campaign), but I like it
    TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

I finished single player. I like the intro movie better than the ending movie

I played a few multiplayer games, and the races appear to be quite well balanced. The Archmage might be a bit overpowered though.

Graphics are great, sound is okay.

But Warcraft III seems to have gotten a darker theme, since they added the Night Elves and the Undead as races, it is not as lighthearted anymore as WC II used to be.

Comment

Well, it's still light-hearted enough to have humourous dialog when you click on units.

Some of my favs:

Goblin Sappers-

Goblin Sapper 1: "Got a match?"
        Goblin Sapper 2: "Your face, my ass."

Bandits-

"And this one time, at bandit camp..."

Muradin Bronzebeard- (In a Sean Connery voice)

"I'll play your game, you rogue."

"I'll take 'The Rapists' for 500."

"I'm onto you Trebek!"

"Heh heh. Come on, you nancy boy!"

"You wanna' get the Undead? I'll tell you how to get the Undead. One of their men pulls a knife, your man pulls a gun. They send your man to the hospital, you send their man to the morgue. That's how you get the Undead."

Knight-

"My favourite colour is blue. NO! YELLOW!"

Comment

Ok fine.. I will go get it today.

Stay tuned for details.. if you ever see me again.
          Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Warcraft III is GG
            Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

The orc campaign is a bitch.
              jee

Comment

Warcraft III is alright, not near what I expected.

Pros:

Graphics - obviously much better from previous versions. I like the 3d engine it runs and the ability to change your view "slightly." Also the effects are nice.

Movies - Very nice job, better than War II.

Cinematics - These are those movies before each movie that are done with the game engine. These were a good addition and allow for better storyline development.

Storyline - Much much better than previous versions of Warcraft as it is actually based more on a storyline of 1 character.

Heroes - Nice addition, made for some interesting ideas.

Multiplayer - Awsome job, very nice, easy to use battle.net and it works great. I don't even lag when playing multiplayer (us server ) Also nice features for setting up a game. 12 max players is also better over 8.

Map/Level Editor - OMG this is the best. Have you tried it out? You can customize nearly everything. You can basically design your own campaign. It has its own scripting language making it a very powerful and good addition to the game and its future (based of Starcraft but 8x better.)

Air Battle - Really incorporated this better. From gnomish bombers to gryphons to the "netting" ability they did a much better job.

Cons:

Sounds - Same o' thing as War II. Really just copied the files from when they developed War II. Very disapointed. Also the game music isn't anything great.

Heroes - While they are nice they actually suck. Why'd the borrow the Diablo theme? I hate relying on them, if you don't have heroes you are at a serious disadvantage. The game went more to an RPG as in building up character level. Ick, not for Warcraft not good.

Campaign - It is interesting how they incorporated campaigns but I know most people would rather play the "human" campaign, complete it and move it on. Really disappointed in the lack of choices.

Magic - Blah now more than ever must you rely on magic. If you have no magic you'll probably lose. Stupid stupid stupid. At least in previous versions of Warcraft if you didn't wanna use it you didn't have to.

Organization - Wow anyone else think it is a bit tougher to know what to upgrade and what each building is? The building all look similar (most generally) and there are 2x as many upgrades as from previous versions. Making it a bit too complicated I think.

Sea Battle - Um? There is no sea battle anymore, why? I didn't particularly like it but it wasn't bad before.

Unbalanced Races - Check out the league standings, you'll notice a very similar occurance, most people like to choose some of the races over others and I think their is a good reason.

Errors - The didn't do a great job debugging or something. A new computer of mine will restart occasionly with it. It also has an Nvidia GF2 and an Athlon processor which is a known problem for War3, why didn't they fix this in a patch or before release? Now you have to find their ftp to get the fix. Also my friend's computers (3 diff computers of varying levels of technology) will not run it.

Overall Personal Rating : Fair, some nice additions but nothing close to what I was hoping for. I went and hooked up a LAN around and played some multiplayer - much more fun in War2 than war3. (just my opinion)
                TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Originally posted by 2dragons
                  Warcraft III is alright, not near what I expected.

Pros:

Graphics - obviously much better from previous versions. I like the 3d engine it runs and the ability to change your view "slightly." Also the effects are nice.

Movies - Very nice job, better than War II.

Cinematics - These are those movies before each movie that are done with the game engine. These were a good addition and allow for better storyline development.

Storyline - Much much better than previous versions of Warcraft as it is actually based more on a storyline of 1 character.

Heroes - Nice addition, made for some interesting ideas.

Multiplayer - Awsome job, very nice, easy to use battle.net and it works great. I don't even lag when playing multiplayer (us server ) Also nice features for setting up a game. 12 max players is also better over 8.

Map/Level Editor - OMG this is the best. Have you tried it out? You can customize nearly everything. You can basically design your own campaign. It has its own scripting language making it a very powerful and good addition to the game and its future (based of Starcraft but 8x better.)

Air Battle - Really incorporated this better. From gnomish bombers to gryphons to the "netting" ability they did a much better job.

Cons:

Sounds - Same o' thing as War II. Really just copied the files from when they developed War II. Very disapointed. Also the game music isn't anything great.

Heroes - While they are nice they actually suck. Why'd the borrow the Diablo theme? I hate relying on them, if you don't have heroes you are at a serious disadvantage. The game went more to an RPG as in building up character level. Ick, not for Warcraft not good.

Campaign - It is interesting how they incorporated campaigns but I know most people would rather play the "human" campaign, complete it and move it on. Really disappointed in the lack of choices.

Magic - Blah now more than ever must you rely on magic. If you have no magic you'll probably lose. Stupid stupid stupid. At least in previous versions of Warcraft if you didn't wanna use it you didn't have to.

Organization - Wow anyone else think it is a bit tougher to know what to upgrade and what each building is? The building all look similar (most generally) and there are 2x as many upgrades as from previous versions. Making it a bit too complicated I think.

Sea Battle - Um? There is no sea battle anymore, why? I didn't particularly like it but it wasn't bad before.

Unbalanced Races - Check out the league standings, you'll notice a very similar occurance, most people like to choose some of the races over others and I think their is a good reason.

Errors - The didn't do a great job debugging or something. A new computer of mine will restart occasionly with it. It also has an Nvidia GF2 and an Athlon processor which is a known problem for War3, why didn't they fix this in a patch or before release? Now you have to find their ftp to get the fix. Also my friend's computers (3 diff computers of varying levels of technology) will not run it.

Overall Personal Rating : Fair, some nice additions but nothing close to what I was hoping for. I went and hooked up a LAN around and played some multiplayer - much more fun in War2 than war3. (just my opinion)
                  In other words, you hate having to be skilled enough to control each situation.

I'm level 9 in battle net, and ranked 400 in Team Ladder.
                  Record being 24-4 (Damn it I hate it when my computer freezes!)

If you didn't notice 2d bro, WC3 is a new genre of gaming, Role Playing Strategy. Silly.

Oh yes, and my opinion: The game is the freaking shiznit, but I yet have to find someone that's on my skill level, the only person that's half way good to play wit is Phyre

God, I can't wait til' WoW.... that's going to be so ub3r l33t, just looking at how intricate and how much detail and diversity it has makes me wanna shit my pants.

Edit: Oh and I love how you can walk over water and it splashes water puddles!!! Water fights are da shiznit.
                  Last edited by Ruby; 07-19-2002, 02:49 PM.
                  I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Stupid System

I wish I could get it my system won't run it I cant even run the WWII and WWI stupid slow system But i have a system that I'm building (amd 1900+)
                    ataris/justin/altitude

Comment

I'm a skilled gamer Ruby, don't get me wrong. They just changed it from Warcraft to not Warcraft. Not even the same game anymore. Suxors. If that makes any sense!

I personally like using magic, but A LOT of people I know do not.

TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                      TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                      TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

had it 2 or so weeks before it came out in stores............ still havn't played it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby
                          I'm level 9 in battle net, and ranked 400 in Team Ladder.
                          Record being 24-4 (Damn it I hate it when my computer freezes!)
                          Ooh indiviual rankings would be nice one day for TWL perfs (like Bobbie did 'em).

I miss being able to point out facts like being TWL's Lower Tier #6 highest killer (whilst hiding the fact I was also it's #3 on highest deaths :P Gotta love suicide tactics). I can't do that in AML. No one cares if you're still alive when the rest of the team is gone
                          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by BadSectr
                            had it 2 or so weeks before it came out in stores............ still havn't played it!
                            what the hell yah waiting for I don't own it and my ocmputer can't handle it and I still have played it somewhere.
                            ataris/justin/altitude

Comment

Working...
                            X