Bots - Sever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bots - Sever

Will the new Server effect the bots at all? better or worse?
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

The TWD bots will be less laggy, they're hosted in America
    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
      The TWD bots will be less laggy, they're hosted in America
      LOL, no shit sherlock.
      :yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by Tobe
        LOL, no shit sherlock.
        doesn't seem that ridiculously evident to me...

they just lagged out in a game between our squads... right when we were owning too o_O
        i'm bored

Comment

Aye. Tobe just likes to insult webbb.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobe
            LOL, no shit sherlock.
            I answered the question posted in the thread
            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

We've figured out...

We've figured out how to alleviate that problem somewhat. Hopefully within the next few days, matchbots should lag out a lot less, if at all.

The problem is akin to taking out the garbage, with taking out the garbage being a metaphor for network packet transmission.

What we're doing now is like taking each individual piece of garbage out to the curb every time we have some trash. While this is very simple, it takes a lot more trips. Not much brainpower involved.

The new way is we have a garbage pail that needs to be emptied every so often, if there's garbage in it. Collecting garbage in pails rather than sending it out one piece at a time is much more efficient.

We also have custom sized garbage pails that we can toss refuse into, so we can take it all out at once.

Overall, this makes for a lot less walking, but gets the same amount of work done.

And we won't be spamming the server with over 2500 packets per minute.

DoCk>
              TW Sysop
              Last edited by DoCk>; 02-09-2003, 09:10 AM.
              TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
              qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
              3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

So, the new server will take out my trash?
                Tigerex

Comment

be green, recycle!

-aphix
                  help: (skate) (elim): I fell off my chair, can someone help me up?

Comment

Working...
                  X