Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunmen opens fire on Amish schoolgirls

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/1...-shooting.html

The truck driver who opened fire inside a tiny Amish schoolhouse in Pennsylvania Monday, killing three students, sent the boys outside before tying up the girls and shooting them at close range, police say.

The gunman, who shot himself to death, had three guns, a stun gun, two knives and a bag with about 600 rounds of ammunition, police said.

An Amish buggy passes law enforcement personnel in Nickel Mines, Pa., on Monday. An armed man walked into an Amish school, sent the boys outside and tied up and shot several of the girls, authorities said.

Seven other girls, most badly wounded, were transported to hospitals in the region. They had been shot execution-style at point-blank range after being lined up along a chalkboard, their feet bound with wire and plastic ties, authorities said.

Police identified the shooter as Charles Carl Roberts, 32, a married father of three who drove a milk tanker truck in the southeastern Pennsylvania community where the shooting took place.

He was not Amish, police say, but left notes indicating he was "acting in a way to achieve revenge for something that happened 20 years ago."

The shooter's wife said she last saw her husband about 8:45 a.m. local time, when he walked his children to a school bus stop. Roberts worked a night shift delivering milk from farms to a processing plant.

His wife briefly left their home and when she returned, she found suicide-style notes to her and the three children, police said.

At about 11 a.m., he called his wife from inside the school, located about 10 kilometres from their house, and told her he wouldn't be coming home.

Girls targeted in attack

Roberts appeared to want to attack young female victims, state police Commissioner Jeffrey Miller said at a Monday afternoon news conference.

Roberts ordered the boys out and bound the girls by the blackboard using plastic cuffs and wire, police said.

He then used two-by-fours to barricade the doors of the schoolhouse.

A police negotiator wasn't able to make contact with the shooter, who fired out the windows of the schoolhouse.

"Obviously these schools are not like most public schools that would have some type of security," Jack Lewis of the Pennsylvania State Police told CBC News in an interview shortly after the shooting.

The school is in the community of Nickel Mines, about 100 kilometres west of Philadelphia, in the heart of what is known as Pennsylvania Dutch Country.

It is heavily populated by people observing the Amish faith, a type of conservative Christianity that emphasizes plain living and forbids acts of violence.

Third American school shooting in past week

It was the third small community in the United States to be shocked by a deadly school shooting in less than a week.

On Friday, a school principal was gunned down in Cazenovia, Wis. A 15-year-old student, who has been described as upset over a reprimand, has been charged with murder in the killing.

Just two days earlier, an adult gunman held six girls hostage in a school at Bailey, Colo., before killing a 16-year-old girl and then himself.

Canada was also shocked by a school shooting last month.

On Sept. 13, an 18-year-old student was killed when an armed man entered Dawson College in Montreal's downtown and opened fire, killing her, wounding 19 others and then turning the gun on himself.

The Pennsylvania tragedy also raises memories of the December 1989 shooting at L'École Polytechnique in Montreal. The shooter, Marc Lépine separated the men from the women, telling the men to leave. He killed 13 women students and a college employee before killing himself.

Yay more fucked up stuff in the world.

Comment

Staff pressures us to post shit like this so when we complain about corruption in the upper echelons of trench wars they can say 'what the fuck dude, amish girsl are dying and all we're doing is getting a power trip off of an 2-d game."

Comment

Touché.

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
          Staff pressures us to post shit like this so when we complain about corruption in the upper echelons of trench wars they can say 'what the fuck dude, amish girsl are dying and all we're doing is getting a power trip off of an 2-d game."
          Dude you totally forgot to mention that I'm not good enough to play the game, and I get my power tripping off banning racist retards that just want everything to be fair so that everyone can throw racial slurs at each other.
          "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien View Post
            Dude you totally forgot to mention that I'm not good enough to play the game, and I get my power tripping off banning racist retards that just want everything to be fair so that everyone can throw racial slurs at each other.
            if everybody is hurling racist slurs at each other....isnt that fair?

Comment

Wow, I like how you guys turn a tragidy such as this into a "lets take on staff, omg they suxxxx" shitfest. Go find some fucking respect.
              DELETED

Comment

i think perhaps the real 'tragidy' is our staff's mastery of the english language.

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                  i think perhaps the real 'tragidy' is our staff's mastery of the english language.
                  To master the English language, one needs to know how to spell:

I think perhaps the real 'tragedy' is our staff's mastery of the English language.
                  May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Or perhaps the tragedy of unseen sarcasm.

Comment

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/10/03...ing/index.html

Turns out this guy molseted two female relatives when he was 11 or 12 (20 years ago), and the relatives were between the ages of 3 and 5. He started having dreams of molesting girls again.

Also one of his daughters had a premature birth and died, so he got pissed off at God (go figure).

Those are the two reasons why he went in there. Also when you get a chance scroll down to the middle of the article, and look to the left- click on the Gallery link of the past school shootings. 8 in the last 3 years alone, 3 in the past 3 weeks. 13 overall between the years 1999 and 2006. What the fuck is going on?
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                        Also one of his daughters had a premature birth and died, so he got pissed off at God (go figure).
                        More people dieing for somthing that doesnt even exist.(even though im sure thats not the main reason he did this)

Comment

At least it was good enough for you to make a statement about it. 'Gratz.

Comment

I'm sorry my english skills decline as it gets later at night. Assholes.
                            DELETED

Comment

It's really saddening to see peoples' reactions to this. Well...people at work all reacted like a normal human being would...I meant people on this UBB.

I feel like I should say that if you have any kind of tendencies to do anything violent like that as a means of lashing out at an offensive event...go seek therapy.
                              Ну вот...

Comment

Working...
                              X