Proposed -- Public Flagroom Revision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed -- Public Flagroom Revision

I am proposing a new design for the public arena flagroom. This revision would change up the current methods used to attack/defend base by requiring teams to adapt to a much more diverse environment. This layout would promote the use of various ships in base... rather than swarms of just javs and weasles.

Changes made:
    • 2 entrances, side by side to assist with defense
    • Expanded side walls to accomodate more action in flagroom
    • 1 tile blocks in each ear to give terrs something to hide behind
    • Interior layout change ... just to be different.

Side note: This new design could also warrant the reversion of the weasle to origiinal specs..... maybe not.

Comments?

Special Thx to F22 Raptor for helping me post this image on TWF.
    Kawrae> Can we get Sweet banned from these forums?
    Stabwound> This would actually be technically possible. Will it happen? No.
    Ephemeral> Should it happen? No.

5:MiKE_HAWK> I TALK WITH CAPS ON
    5:MiKE_HAWK> BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN
    5:MiKE_HAWK> IT MAKES UP FOR MY SMALL PENIS

4:Lizard Fue> FACE DOWN, A$$ UP, THATS THE WAY DADS LIKES TO FUK

Sparffles> Cannot attach to self: Story of my life

A new flagroom would be kinda cool but I always think of these two things.

The flagroom we have now is good because of the angles/positions that are known for the ships to shoot into or out from. Changing this might annoy some people.

Then of course there is the fact that a change would make pub a bit more challenging for a while as everyone tried to learn new angles/positions.

Personally I reckon the ships should be sorted first before ANY change is made the the map (apart from tileset).
    Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

For a similar idea ?go angellbase
      DELETED

Comment

what tile set is that DA? i like it.

Comment

Looks great! Make sure to leave the lil blocks out on FR sides so I can fire levi bombs in! Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

The tileset for ?go angellbase is old. It's also crap. (Sorry, just being honest.)

Trench Wars seriously needs people who can make some badass tilesets/arena graphics.

We should take inspiration from places like (it half pains me to say) extreme games, redstar & 17th parallel. They have some awesome tilesets.
            Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

I like it. Next stage would be to send it to twmaps@gmail.com (someone please correct me if i'm wrong). If you can get it up as a separate basing arena, basic tests can be run in it (I.E. 30-40 people basing in it) and ask for opinions. Good job on that.
              Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

Originally posted by Denon View Post
                The tileset for ?go angellbase is old. It's also crap. (Sorry, just being honest.)

Trench Wars seriously needs people who can make some badass tilesets/arena graphics.

We should take inspiration from places like (it half pains me to say) extreme games, redstar & 17th parallel. They have some awesome tilesets.
                Not my tileset, so none taken. I just used the pubset.
                DELETED

Comment

I think there is a team of 'veteran'/'elite' basers working on 3 new bases, don't know if they finished them already or not, I shall ask
                  help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

I hope this gets tried on a weekend, but ship settings shouldnt be changed at the same time of testing the map.

Well thats my view.

Changes made:
                    - 2 entrances, side by side to assist with defense
                    This is a nice touch adding both defensive and attacking shots

- Expanded side walls to accomodate more action in flagroom
                    Indeed this is my Fav change, adds not too much but enuff (in proportion *...think thats the word*)

- 1 tile blocks in each ear to give terrs something to hide behind
                    Dunno about the blocks..

Interior layout change ... just to be different.
                    Overall pretty awsome has my vote
                    :eek:
                    HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
                    Lance> Here is BCG's song
                    Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
                    HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot
                    :eek:

Comment

I used a double-entrance format in ?go monolith. the battles were pretty intense, because teams had to be flexible on the defense (knowing which entrance to cover and keeping them covered) and offense (picking an entrance and exploiting weaknesses in the balance of the defense)

needless to say, though, if it wasn't that organized, it was chaos. newbies would forget about the second entrance, and so the flagroom changed hands like 50 times in the span of a minute.
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

players would learn to adapt.

Comment

yes, but if this is pub, the playerbase isn't defined, it's always changing. shit, newbies can barely handle pub NOW.

internet de la jerome

Comment

lol, i would agree with that last part.

Comment

on the flipside, your entrances are closer together, meaning i think defending would still be easy if done right, and the offense might get an edge, especially in crambreaking... meaning that the line would probably become an accepted form of defense, again.

internet de la jerome

Comment

Working...
                              X