PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Playoffs

genocidal
10-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Who do you like, predict, MVPs, the whole nine yards?

I like Detroit over the A's and Cards over the Mets. Detroit really wants it and have the superior pitching. Cards' pitching has been a lot less damaged than the Mets so I think that gives them the edge. I'd still be afraid of Reyes>Lo Duca>Beltran>Delgado>Wright>Greene block but, as we saw with the Yankees' insane batting lineup, it don't mean shit if you can't pitch.

Detroit over Cards, 4-1 (but I hope I'm wrong and the Cards win)

MVPs: I was impressed by Robertson tonight. He got himself into trouble but he got himself out like a pro. It's going to be a pitcher if the Tigers win and I don't think Verlander is going to be able to stick it out two or three more times and come up with good outings. Robertson already had his bad one so hopefully he continues to step up. Rogers is too old, but he did look very good last week. Who I'm really rooting for is Zumaya though. He'll see a lot of playtime.

Subjugation
10-11-2006, 01:26 AM
I wish I could appreciate baseball. Even the playoffs bore me to tears. :(

Facetious
10-11-2006, 02:19 AM
Whoever comes out of the AL is going to stomp either the Cards or Mets. I think the Mets will overcome their injured pitching to get to the World Series, as the Cards never overacheive and they are pretty mediocre this year. Detroit's pitching looks way too strong for the A's. I can't really name MVPs because while I'll leave baseball on, and look over when the announcers yell or there's guys in scoring position, I can't really pay enough attention to learn a lot of players names. Also, the Tigers were never good in the past so I don't know who the hell is on their team because I pretty much only ever watch the playoffs and tight pennant races. Despite not knowing who is on their team, I still wouldn't bet against them.

Scurvy
10-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Detroit Ftw

Zeebu
10-18-2006, 02:24 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/Bradthompson.jpg
http://cdmom.vergant.com/images/chriscb.jpeg

has anyone ever noticed that brad thompson kind of looks like corky from life goes on?

404 Not Found
10-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Detroit Ftw

I agree...no way either the Mets or Cards would or will beat the Tigers.

DoTheFandango
10-18-2006, 04:31 PM
The NL just doesn't have the same heart for the game that the AL does. The AL seems to win every year. I think it's the fact that the NL is just seen as the old person league.

genocidal
10-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Haha people and their silly theories. The best hitters last year in baseball hailed from the NL (Howard and Pujols and yes I'm willing to get into an argument over that). Pitching has been better in the AL and that's what matters in the playoffs but since the strike it's been AL 7 and NL 4. That's not terribly skewed and clearly the AL has been winning more lately but it has nothing to do with old people leagues aahahahaaha. The fuck does that mean anyway? That people like Clemens, Glavine, and Bonds play in it? Hello Schilling, Rogers, Moyer (half the season), and Manny.

404 Not Found
10-18-2006, 09:23 PM
No theory on my behalf for this series to come. The AL champions (Detroit) are better than either NL teams playing this moment...inmy opinion.

NYM alone due to the loss of the pitching, especially Martinez.

Cards just fall short...they are playing theMets hard, but I would prefer the Mets. I do think the Cards in present health would be a better match against Detroit though.

Either way, the series in my opinion will be interesting and not a complete blowout; if I had to put money on it I would go with Detroit. Now that I mention this I will have jinxed myself.

genocidal
10-18-2006, 10:50 PM
I wasn't saying that Detroit won't win. They got the pitching and will to do it. I wouldn't count out the Mets or the Cards though completely. It's not going to be a Tigers sweep but most likely they will win.

DangerGirl
10-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Detroit FtwDitto.

Tigers paraphernalia is popping up on every corner here, a lot more than Pistons had. Still ripoff prices though.

Pearl Jam
10-19-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm hoping the Cards or Mets win just for the safety of Detroit residents. By far the scariest city I've ever been to. Bring on the riot police, baby.

Edit: Never mind, people will die/riot/get injured regardless of whether Detroit wins or loses.

Edit 2: Kansas City Royals won't finish last in the AL central next year. You heard it here first. Next to last is calling our name. Suck it, Cleveland.

PH
10-19-2006, 01:26 AM
Mets-Tigers, Detroit in 6. They have poo for hitters, so old man Rogers can have the MVP. Shame setup guys almost never get it, Zumaya is worthy.

DangerGirl
10-19-2006, 01:47 AM
I'm hoping the Cards or Mets win just for the safety of Detroit residents. By far the scariest city I've ever been to. Bring on the riot police, baby.

Edit: Never mind, people will die/riot/get injured regardless of whether Detroit wins or loses.True. Mild violence if they win, more violence if they lose. Either way, there's violence to be had.

Zeebu
10-19-2006, 11:45 AM
blargh kill shit

if detroit keeps on its trend of lights out pitching and not fucking up they should pretty much bowl over either teh mets or cards.... go cards anyways... but yeah

phata$$
10-19-2006, 09:00 PM
New York Metropolitans

DoTheFandango
10-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Unless the owners get off their asses and do something, the Sox are going to blow chunks next year.

PH
10-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Fucking Cardinals.

Tigers in 5 against these stooges.

genocidal
10-19-2006, 10:46 PM
HELL YEAH CARDS, TAKE THAT PL