A new cruddy (yet free) beta MMO -- Rappelz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new cruddy (yet free) beta MMO -- Rappelz

Yea I dont know what that name means, but its free and its beta. If you are a sick fuk and you still love this game when it goes international release, well rest assured your chars won't be wiped and forced to start anew when the official release date comes so you can carry on.

http://rappelz.gpotato.com/

I have only played for about a week (not constantly). There's 3 main classes, and within each class there are jobs that only that race can play. Within the jobs there are a few weapons of choice you can use. For example, my race is Asura and we have Dark Magi, Sorcerer, and Strider (which is what I am). No other race has these jobs, but I can't pick jobs other than these 3. Once you choose one you're stuck 4 life. Its kinda like Ragnarok Online where at about lvl 50 I believe, you change to your "2nd degree" job, where they are pimped versions of the former jobs you had with new skill trees to choose from back at Job lvl 1.

Never tried pvp (altho im in the PVP server, pantera) so I can't really comment. Selling items, you can set shop. You can set your shop to sell or buy mode. If you set to sell mode, its just like regular stalls where you put your items in the store, set the price go afk and hope ppl buy em. Buy mode is where you set the item that you wish to purchase from a player who happens to be walking buy. You put down your desired purchase price and if the player believes its reasonable will make the deal with you and you've made the transaction without even being there.

There are pets for every race, Asura's can ride theirs which is neat but it doesn't do dmg. Gaia pets do damage, and Devas have something else for pets I haven't explored yet.

Game's like a bit larger than 1 gig, so use flashget to DL in-case it stops dl halfway through.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

I'm bored and I guess I'll try it out. Hope it's not as boring as all these other free RPGs.
    sdg

Comment

I tried it. Pales in comparison to Silkroad. I got bored fast, and make sure you attack the giant boulder-like creatures; they'll send you to a room full of items.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

The game's got a anti-bot thing in basically every area, where they have mobs called AutoTrap, basically bots, who cannot discern those from regular monsters, will hit them, and you'll basically be screwed.
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.

Comment

ALL rpgs are boring, play fps's :/

Comment

I've been playing this game since closed beta, and so far it's pretty good. I've got a level 33 strider, and a level 18 dark magician. The PVP isn't bad, it's common in (tortus) to chase after someone who has a red name, and kill them. Some guilds already have rivalry's already (like between my guild unforgiven, and gotei13).

As for the pets Kim you're wrong. The pets that you ride are called ornitho's. You buy them from creature tamers for about 1000 rupee's, and they expire every 6 hours. Don’t tame pets until you’re at least level 30 since they’re really weak, and considered a waste of time during the lower levels (trust me I figured this out in closed beta).
            Last edited by Krusnik; 10-15-2006, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
              ALL rpgs are boring, play fps's :/
              wolfenstein 1.4 OpenGL
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
                AutoTrap, basically bots, who cannot discern those from regular monsters, will hit them, and you'll basically be screwed.
                Now why did you have to ruin my fun?
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

THIS GAME IS better

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

pwnt

Comment

wtf i uploaded a larger pic than that and its all blurred and shit WTF gay ass shit

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
                      wolfenstein 1.4 OpenGL

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory v2.60

Comment

Game's not bad kim, but you should honestly try silkroad if u want somethin fun to play. Go to www.silkroadonline.net its free to play

for those who do play silkroad, or wish to play it, Im on Olympus server, name: Deprecate
                        1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Depre View Post
                          Game's not bad kim, but you should honestly try silkroad if u want somethin fun to play. Go to www.silkroadonline.net its free to play

for those who do play silkroad, or wish to play it, Im on Olympus server, name: Deprecate
                          ROFL, Kim is the one that introduced everyone on the forums to Silkroad.

http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21800
                          thread killer

Comment

Bah, all of these games suck. I should just buy WoW and be done with it.
                            sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Edify View Post
                              ROFL, Kim is the one that introduced everyone on the forums to Silkroad.

http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21800
                              do u guys stilll play it?
                              1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Working...
                              X