The Prestige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Prestige

Just saw this movie and I have to say it was awesome. I was on the edge of my seat the entire movie. I was not totally satisfied with the ending if only because things were explained that didn't need to be, but then I guess most people wouldn't be able to guess what the ending was without it being explained.

Still, I have to say the acting and direction were superb. David Bowie was really good! I didn't realize he could actually act (I mean I HAVE seen Zoolander and Labyrinth).

Anyone else see this movie?
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

I thought it looked good when I saw the previews, i'll try to check it out now.
    help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
    MegamanEXE> Chao
    MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
    (Sefarius)> ....
    (Hate The Fake)> LOL
    MegamanEXE> You are sick
    MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

It has a full cast of top notch actors, so it's not surprising that it was good. I'll have to check this out after I see the Departed tomorrow.
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I dunno man, it has magic in it, so chances are, it's going to suck.

i mean, willow had magic in it, right? and that movie sucked.
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I think it rocked. Comon, look. You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind. Cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.
          DELETED

Comment

It's on a highway to the imdb top 250, that's for sure.
            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
            5: Da1andonly> =((
            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
              It has a full cast of top notch actors, so it's not surprising that it was good. I'll have to check this out after I see the Departed tomorrow.
              Ending in The Departed was disappointing. Rest of the story was fantastic.

The Prestige is the best movie I've seen in awhile. Honestly. Mr. Epi didn't give it enough credit. I didn't realize that was David Bowie till he mentioned it here, but he did a good job. This is one of those movies that someone you know will see it before everyone else and then recommend it to all of your friends until they go see it. At least I will.
              The song doesn't make your hands clap,
              The hand claps make the song

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7EfYsGYKN8

Comment

I think both the Departed and the Prestige were fantastic
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I'm still really skeptical, I thought it looked kinda stupid from the credits. I'll rent it or something another time
                    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

I want a smart movie date to explain confusing plots like this to me in simple terms... if anyone can offer a logical synopsis, including spoilers(because I just saw it), PM me. Paging Troll King.. !!!!!!
                      Last edited by Material Girl; 10-28-2006, 10:13 PM.
                      Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

i just saw it last night. was very good i thought. though i'll agree with epi, they didnt need to go into quite so much detail at the end.

definately recommended though

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

IMO, The Prestige wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. I guess I went in there thinking it was going to be something spectacular...What can I say? I hyped it too much, only to be disappointed. The plot is similar to most plots...Ambition getting the best of people. I wanted to see something different. Didn't happen.

The Departed was amazing. The ending was a little bleh, and needless to say, I was not happy with some of the characters dying, but that's what makes a good movie to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Worr View Post
                            IMO, The Prestige wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. I guess I went in there thinking it was going to be something spectacular...What can I say? I hyped it too much, only to be disappointed. The plot is similar to most plots...Ambition getting the best of people. I wanted to see something different. Didn't happen.

The Departed was amazing. The ending was a little bleh, and needless to say, I was not happy with some of the characters dying, but that's what makes a good movie to me.
                            YOU ARE SO COOL. I LOVE HOW YOU TOTALLY RUINED THE ENDING FOR ANYONE THAT CARED.
                            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                              YOU ARE SO COOL. I LOVE HOW YOU TOTALLY RUINED THE ENDING FOR ANYONE THAT CARED.
                              No offense bud, but if you read a post about movies on these forums, you should know that stupid people will ruin something. Thats why I don't even open these threads if it's a movie i like. Not before I've seen it anyhow.
                              7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                              7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                              7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                              7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                              1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Working...
                              X