Dr Strangelove or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Strangelove or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

I saw this film for the first time today, and I have to say it's the best film I have seen in a looong time. Hell, it might even be the best film I have ever seen.

I wasn't expecting it to be a comedy, all I knew was that it was cold war based, I was expecting a thriller or something. But, this film is black comedy at its finest, so funny and the film was pretty thought provoking too.

Anyway, I highly recommend you see this film, whether in be via download or rent it or something.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Hey guys have you ever heard of this movie called "Star Wars"?
    FREE MANDELA

Comment

So you live in England, and you haven't seen it until now.

I agree wholeheartedly, great movie. Classic.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Stultus View Post
        Hey guys have you ever heard of this movie called "Star Wars"?
        I am aware this movie is pretty popular and yea a lot of you might have seen it already, it's not like I was like "Hey I came across this film by accident blaa blaa" When I saw it was going to be on, I was aware it was considered one of the greatest movies made, that is why I made sure I watched it.

Anyway, my point is, no need to take the piss, I am sure there will be plenty here who haven't seen it.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

maybe Money hasn't, other than that, i doubt it.

edit: to contribute something to this thread, i personally think Barry Lyndon is Kubrick's best.

Comment

i liked strangelove too, even though i'm not into kubrick at all.
            i liked it because peter sellers was awesome. if you haven't seen much of him, i'd recommend watching the party.

Comment

Good movie, but Kubrick made better.

Still, as far as satire goes, this is the movie to beat.

(And I say this, because all the faux-film critics in my college are labeling the sub-par "Thank You for Smoking" as the best satire they've ever seen.)
              Originally posted by Tone
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                (And I say this, because all the faux-film critics in my college are labeling the sub-par "Thank You for Smoking" as the best satire they've ever seen.)
                Best? No. Sub-par? NO!!!
                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                  Best? No. Sub-par? NO!!!
                  yes. Mediocre at best (and I believe that's giving it waaaaaaay too much credit.)

The movie just wasn't as smart as it believed.
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
                    I am aware this movie is pretty popular and yea a lot of you might have seen it already, it's not like I was like "Hey I came across this film by accident blaa blaa" When I saw it was going to be on, I was aware it was considered one of the greatest movies made, that is why I made sure I watched it.

Anyway, my point is, no need to take the piss, I am sure there will be plenty here who haven't seen it.
                    Was it the special 40 year anniversary edition, or any special edition? The special features on the DVD are definitely worth a watch, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                      maybe Money hasn't, other than that, i doubt it.
                      I haven't.

I don't like many old films. In fact I can't think of a single one I do.
                      afksry

Comment

Originally posted by Ignominy View Post
                        I haven't.

I don't like many old films. In fact I can't think of a single one I do.
                        I don't know if you were joking or not, but if you weren't- good god, you're an idiot.
                        :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Originally posted by iLDuce View Post
                          I don't know if you were joking or not, but if you weren't- good god, you're an idiot.
                          I'm not. I can respect them for their influence and groundbreakingness (e.g. Citizen Kane), but I'm not about to pop them into the dvd player. I thought of one, though. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

If you can think of some that are quality and won't bore the everliving shit out of me (e.g. Battleship Potemkin), then feel free to recommend.
                          afksry

Comment

yeah, most of the older movies i can watch once and never again (im talking more than 20 years old), but the dollars trilogy is a replay series
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

In my top 10 favourite movies of all time there are probably only 3 that have been made within the last 15 years. Maybe even less. You're short-sighted if you don't enjoy older films simply because they're older or you don't know the actors.

Comment

Working...
                              X