Basing MVP formulas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basing MVP formulas

Are the basing MVP formulas ever going to be fixed? There is something totally screwed up with the shark formula in that you can't even get a POSITIVE score.

Also, I think that the lancaster formula should be toned down a bit. Almost any game that has a lancaster, it ends up getting the MVP.

Oh, and I think it should be changed so that a player on the losing team is automatically disqualified from winning the MVP. How often do you see an MVP from a losing team in sports? Not very often, but it happens a lot in basing.

It's set up in the MatchBot code so that its really easy to change the formulas.

I know it's never going to be perfect, but I'm sure it can be better than it is now.
    sdg

yeah i loved those days where i could mvp as shark

Comment

agree that there could be changes. but if a person deserves mvp, they should get it, winning team or not.

Comment

i agree bout everything except for the losing team not getting mvp. I think mvp should go to anyone eligibal. Mvp is rewarded because of individual achievement instead of team efforts, so i guess winning or losing in the end doesnt really matter.

About lanc, wb, etc, i think they should be rewarded points as equal as the spip (terr hunting/exception)

Comment

Agreed on everything except the MVP.

Imagine a game where one team won with 15-14:50.
          A spider on the losing team went 200-50, with 5 Teks, and about 50 more kills than the second most kill effective spider.

Does he lose his rights to get the MVP just because his team didn't keep up with his performace? I think not, and that goes for every league.

Comparing sports MVP to basing MVP isn't fair. In sports it takes more of a team to create a MVP, so the winning team will be the one that has been able to support one of its player to raise his performance the most. In TW a player can be totally ownage, dominating everything around him, and getting a superior rec, but if he has no backup he'll lose nomatter how awesome he is. Losing or not, he'd still be the dominant player in the game.
          Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
            Are the basing MVP formulas ever going to be fixed? There is something totally screwed up with the shark formula in that you can't even get a POSITIVE score.

Also, I think that the lancaster formula should be toned down a bit. Almost any game that has a lancaster, it ends up getting the MVP.

Oh, and I think it should be changed so that a player on the losing team is automatically disqualified from winning the MVP. How often do you see an MVP from a losing team in sports? Not very often, but it happens a lot in basing.

It's set up in the MatchBot code so that its really easy to change the formulas.

I know it's never going to be perfect, but I'm sure it can be better than it is now.
            Why don't we come up with a viable formula. Make it easier for whoever has the power/ability to change it on the TWD website/bot. The problem lies in coming up with a good formula for sharks. And to be honest it's a difficult problem to address when you die so much and not knowing if the reps are good reps or wasted reps.

Comment

why dont we vote, ha! or do away with mvp all together, its useless crap.

Comment

The bot could calculate over 1000 different types of MVP. The BMVP (bodacious MVP) would be the one with the most MVPs and therefore be the most sought after award of them all. In the case of two players having equal amounts of MVPs the tie-breaker could be who has the shorter name or has won more TWLB titles - then if that still doesn't break the tie then the bot can deny hosting base for the next 3 hours as a punishment for people wanting MVP stats in the first place

Comment

jav - most terr kills
                  shark - most flag touches
                  terr - lest deaths
                  spider - most kills
                  wb - most terr kills
                  lanc - most kills

with associated multipliers...

discuss.

Comment

most points is mvp. You can't race with formulas.
                    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

We had mvp vote in old HZ pub, it was elite. Just set up vote after game and announce mvp and runner up. Give 15 secs to vote.

Comment

no then it should be best player of all the players out of the 2 teams combined (not just winning team):
                        so
                        Best wb/jav/lanc: name, Teamname/Freq#, kills, deaths
                        Best Spid: " "
                        Best Shark: " "
                        Best Terr:" "
                        Overall best player=MVP( ratio FT+K/d + TerrKills + and double count the kills FROM the terr and the shark): Name, Teamname/freq#, ship, Kills, deaths, FlagTouches

Edit: nvm, didnt see rab already posted something like that
                        New edit: nvm the nvm, he posted that after me. U COPIER MIKE
                        Last edited by Clichy; 11-01-2006, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                          Agreed on everything except the MVP.

Imagine a game where one team won with 15-14:50.
                          A spider on the losing team went 200-50, with 5 Teks, and about 50 more kills than the second most kill effective spider.

Does he lose his rights to get the MVP just because his team didn't keep up with his performace? I think not, and that goes for every league.
                          Yes, because if you lose, your input was not valuable enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
                            Yes, because if you lose, your input was not valuable enough.
                            whahah butkissing this staffer too already, what's your goal son?

Comment

eh... he disagreed with him...

Comment

Working...
                              X