PDA

View Full Version : NBA games are so long

Facetious
11-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Watching just a half seems absolutely eternal. How many entire regular season NBA games would you say you've watched on TV? I watch a ton of sports, but my total is zero.

Scurvy
11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
i've watched more live than on television

phata$$
11-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Regular season games?

I don't know maybe 5. I normally just watch Laker games, sportscenter and NBA fastbreak. I had NBA TV for about 3 months and I loved it.

Playoff games?

Probably every game. If it weren't for the NBA playoffs, I would have concentrated on more important things like hygiene and proper nutrition.

genocidal
11-01-2006, 11:29 PM
I never got much into the NBA but I don't mind watching the playoff games; I probably watched 2/3 of them last year. I watched all, or very close to it, of every Gators basketball game last year (all the home ones in person) as well as all of the Duke games I found on TV. Pretty much I'd wake up on Saturday and watch NCAA basketball until time to go out. Same goes for most evenings when not busy. But then again, I watched at least 50 Braves games in their entirety last season and at least 60 entire Marlins games (they show more here).

Zeebu
11-02-2006, 09:25 AM
NBA ball isnt my thing. I'll watch it if its on. I enjoy watching college ball much more though. NBA ball... I can pretty much get all i need form a game by watching the last 3 minutes and the highlights. the last 3 minutes usually take about 25 minutes anyways if its a close game.

Dameon Angell
11-02-2006, 11:22 AM
So far I've watched both Lakers games. But, yeah, I watch a lot of Lakers basketball when it's on.

Nickname
11-02-2006, 11:33 AM
a couple at most.

Galleleo
11-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Basketball is one of the few sports I actually do not like. I have seen like 3 basketball matches (not NBA, some important matches from Dutch teams), but I can't get into it.

404 Not Found
11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
I watch hoops non stop, both pro and college.

It can be a long game, and longer if your a Sixers fan these past years. I am a season tik holder for Temple University's hoops. Should be interesting now that Cheney is gone and they got Dunphy from U. of P as their new coach.

The Knicks should be an interesting team to follow this year as well, noting coaching changes.

Dameon Angell
11-02-2006, 07:50 PM
The Knicks should be an interesting team to follow this year as well, noting coaching changes.

On a recent "The Daily Show", Jon Stewart asked LeBron James what he thought of the Knicks this year. And, after James said that they could make something happen, Jon went "That's pretty much the equivalent of going, 'Well, she has a good personality, you'd like her.'".

404 Not Found
11-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Gotta love the Daily Show.

Eastern Conference Atlantic Division is not impressive. Knicks can at least do better than last year. I have no exepectations for the Sixers this year. Could be a battle for last place between the two. Depends on what Toronto, the Nets and Boston show up with though. Not a stand out Division at all.

Exalt
11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
im from chicago, so i watch chicago teams

but honestly, i stopped watching the NBA when micheal jordan stopped playing in chicago and completely destroying every other team in the league with his amazing talent

i did watch a few recent games of the bulls, now that they are a somewhat decent team again, but other than that i could care less.

maybe i would watch if lebron james or kobe bryant was anywhere near the talent that MJ was, but no one ever will be I think. iverson used to be entertaining, now hes just old and beat up.

Squeezer
11-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Here in Seattle, we give so less of a shit about the NBA, that our team's about to be moved to Oklahoma.

Jeenyuss
11-05-2006, 10:44 PM
and he's carryin' old blue! his legendary official red ryder 200 shot carbine action range model air rifle.

for some reason i can not say that properly. been trying to for the past 10 minutes.

Exalt
11-07-2006, 06:30 AM
and he's carryin' old blue! his legendary official red ryder 200 shot carbine action range model air rifle.

for some reason i can not say that properly. been trying to for the past 10 minutes.

way to kill a thread by not making any sense whatsoever

Facetious
11-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Why did they have to change the name to the Wizards?

ZeUs!!
11-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Because they're spellbinding

Exalt
11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
i miss the bullets