Seinfeld is the greatest show of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seinfeld is the greatest show of all time

That's right: Seinfeld is the greatest show of all time.

I only watched it for about the last 3-4 years that it was still on the air, but I have probably seen every episode by now. I watch the reruns on TV all the time, and no matter what episode it is, I always laugh. It is the best show ever, and there will never be a show funnier than it.

Everyone thinks Kramer is the funniest character, but no way. George is by far the funniest character on the show. My favorite George moment is the episode where he is at Jerry's house along with Jerry's friend, and his friend found out that George's parents were getting a divorce, and she goes "Oh, George, I'm so sorry about your parents getting a divorce" and he just turns the gas on the stove and kneels down putting his head in it.

Oh god, and the episode where he gets ladies glasses because Elaine takes off when he's picking them out.

Looooooooooooool. Best show ever.
    sdg

PWI much Stabwound?

Yes, I remember watching new episodes of Seinfeld, but I love them just as much watching reruns. It may be the best rerun sitcom of all time.

Comment

My fav episodes

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
      That's right: Seinfeld is the greatest show of all time.

My 2 favorites , are the one where they all tryin to be king/queen of their domain and not masturbate. then the one about the "soup nazi"

The funniest character tho I would have to give to Newman the mail man, Kramers best friend. Evry episode he was in , was a laff. :hat:
      The Earth does not belong to us, We belong to the Earth. * Chief Joseph *

Oen Izan> I am the KING of NEWBS! self appointed but still a king, none the less.

Oen Izan> Bow before me and kiss the scepter, you may get to view the royal jewels.

:chris: "Captain! There's a steering wheel sticking out of your pants!"

:pirate2: "Arr, it's drivin' me nuts!"

Comment

Paulo: Dunno what that means.

Anyway,

The best Newman moment is when he is driving his delivery truck and it just bursts into flames and he starts screaming. Hilarious.
        sdg

Comment

Seinfeld is a close second.

Comment

I would put scrubs over seinfeld.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Arrested Development is obsessively formulaic. The actual humour writing is excellent but everything else isn't particularly impressive. Although I don't like Seinfeld, it's definitely more convincingly acted and a more inventive show than Arrested Dev't is.

Anyway, the soup nazi guy's chain of soup stores is actually pretty awesome. Very hearty, tasty stuff.
              Originally posted by Ward
              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I agree with Stab. Seinfeld will go down as one of the greatest sitcoms ever.

In fact, I have used my time machine to carefully study the popular culture of people from the future and have taken some very serious notations. Here is an excerpt from a lecture I gave at Stanford University:

Random Newb From Year 2505> What's your favorite sitcom of all time?
                Random Newb's Roomate> It's a toss up between Blerg's Cosmic Revenge and I Love Lucy. What about yours?
                Random Newb From Year 2505> Seinfeld. Oh, that wacky Kramer!

Wonderful conversations between REAL people from the future can be yours if you buy my amazing book "Tomorrow's Popular Culture". Now available on paperback from Amazon.com! Order yours today.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
                  Arrested Development is obsessively formulaic. The actual humour writing is excellent but everything else isn't particularly impressive. Although I don't like Seinfeld, it's definitely more convincingly acted and a more inventive show than Arrested Dev't is.

Anyway, the soup nazi guy's chain of soup stores is actually pretty awesome. Very hearty, tasty stuff.
                  You're right. There were so many shows about a successful family losing all their money due to embezzlement and struggling to keep it together in spite of everything. It's such an old formula. Trite, even.

Shows about friends doing stuff with their wacky neighbor are as old as TV (I believe someone mentioned I Love Lucy, which had a wacky neighbor. Or was Lucy the wacky neighbor?). I love/d Seinfeld, either way. I forget what the episode title is, but the Shrinkage episode of Seinfeld was amazing. I turn into a giddy schoolgirl when that comes on TBS, if only to hear George yell, "I WAS IN THE POOL!"

I liked the joke in AD about their dad thinking that Saddam Hussein was the Soup Nazi, which is the only reason he met him.

Comment

to each their own and this is mine

Comment

what a ridiculous thread. "Seinfeld is the greatest show of all time" does not need to be posted. it simply is. everybody agrees, there is no possible argument against this, and therefore no reason to post. however..my favorite episode is the one where they start in India and go backwards from there...and end up like 12 years earlier when Jerry meets Kramer. its good. its good.

Comment

I need to see more scrubs, I've only seen one episode and it was great.

Seinfield is great, not the greatest but funny enough in it's own right. Too many fav episodes to try and narrow it down, but another good one that hasn't been mentioned is when Kramer starts tanning with butter. Good stuff.
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I don't think seinfeld is the greatest show ever.. I do not agree on it. It wasn't bad, but I never really got into to it.. I could hardly finish watching an episode. I like Friends and Scrubs way better.
                          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Someone lent me some Seinfeld dvd's earlier this year and they sat on my desk for about 6 months until I finally admitted to myself that I had no desire to watch them and gave them back
                            Originally posted by Facetious
                            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Spin City is better.
                              "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                              • Shark
                              • Dicer
                              • Sager
                              • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Working...
                              X