i got next in ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got next in ?go base

Here's my brilliant idea I came up with while sitting in spec with 15 other people waiting in ?go base. What if you could call next game in ?go base?

Back when I was at University of Illinois, if you walked into the gym, there would be 4 courts of basketball going on and you could walk up to one that you liked and call that you had next game if no one was waiting. That guarantees that you will play the next game. Also, the winners stay on the court, so if you're good, you get to continue playing as long as you can win.

Basing is a lot like team sports so a lot of stuff that works with sports could work with basing (e.g. leagues). And ?go base is like "pick-up" games.

If the next captain can be chosen and and pick 8 from the people waiting, when the current game ends, winner stays and right away the next game can start. If there aren't 8 challengers or some of the winners have to leave, fill in from the losing team and away we go.

What if the 8 challengers are total newbies and can't tell the base from their backside? Well, pick-up games are usually not timed but play up to a set score- so play up to 50k or 70k. Once the newbies are destroyed, ez, game over, "who's next?" Or the game could still be timed but have a slaughter rule (winning by 30k or whatever.)

If there are 16-18 people in ?go base then this doesn't matter. But if the bots could support this, it would make it more fun if there are around 3 teams of people- every one gets to play. If there are more than 32 people, going to base2 and having 2 simultaneous game is a possiblity.

I know some people think that making base public and attracting new people is a bad thing but I think in the long run it will lead to more basing squads and more competition. Whacha think?

-geek

I put in Mr. Arrogant 2

SIT
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

This idea is extremely gay and will NOT work. Calling "next" is a rule used in hockey zone, in an arena called mini. Mini hockey is 4v4, and the arena limit is 12. That means only 4 people in spec. Only people in spec can call "next" to be capt for the next game. Winners stay losers spec. with only TWELVE people in the ENTIRE arena, and only THREE new people need to be picked, it still doesn't work.

And HZ's community is more mature than TW's - though not by much. With the constant permeation of asses and idiots into basing, I don't think this idea will work. I am welcome to new people being able to play, but this idea simply won't work.
      1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
      1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
      1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
      1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Even resently there have been captains who didn't know anything about basing playing team without sharks etc and ending losing after 30min, which wasn't enjoyable to any of the teams. and using a slaughter rule in basing wouldn't work too great, as 30k is something you can come back from, and I have seen one came that ended about 100k-95k (whiterabbits-disoblige)

somewho I miss the old days when there was more quality in private basing :/
        Spiderline ftw

Comment

its not as bad a suggestion as people are flaming with a few tweaks...

the major downside is that more then likely you would get some squad take it instead of mixed teams

thats already happening that cappys get in there and pick mostly their own squad...but of course they know what their people can do

it would be nice though if there was more then 33 (or enuf that simply want to play, some dont mind a 6 on 6 or 7 on 7) in a ?go base that the host would let everyone know and jump over to ?go base2 and let a 2nd game start right away
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Project
            This idea is extremely gay and will NOT work. Calling "next" is a rule used in hockey zone, in an arena called mini. Mini hockey is 4v4, and the arena limit is 12. That means only 4 people in spec. Only people in spec can call "next" to be capt for the next game. Winners stay losers spec. with only TWELVE people in the ENTIRE arena, and only THREE new people need to be picked, it still doesn't work.
            True. I guess I don't really mean anyone can call next. That would be gay. Just that micro (or whichever staff) can choose the next cap and that cap can start adding from those people sitting in spec.

Although I think it would be good if more new people got into basing, I'm all for NOT letting sucky captains choose teams and not letting too many new players onto a team. Pick the best team you can first and if needed pick 1-2 new players (for spid or wb). Degrading the quality of basing is good for no one. BTW, if quality of ?go base goes down some, there is always TWL and now TWD.

EDIT: Thanks staff, big ups, mad props, good job, etc. etc. etc. (for TWD, "private basing" now public, LEVS CAN'T ATTACH- in the short time I've been around).

Comment

I say we burn all the people in elite squads like Pallies and all :O. Problem solved .

Comment

Oh dear.
                EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                cool koen> :)
                PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                cool koen> not because of a bug
                EvoLd> Lol
                Treachery> meh
                EvoLd> why then?
                PubAceR> women in power dont last
                EvoLd> LOl
                toaster oven reviews

Comment

we should have more people start base2 if the picks in ?go base were already picked

Comment

Re: i got next in ?go base

Originally posted by geekbot
                    Here's my brilliant idea
                    Laugh. I like Paul's suggestion of starting a second game in ?go base2 if ?go base fills up better.
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I had to sit a few weeks in spec in #myth before I was first picked and still then I didn't impress enough to be picked the game after.
                      So what? If you want it you have to try for it. Yesterday Infomage as captain was a good example, he picked people that usually wouldn't get picked and his team kept losing people.
                      One dude said something like: I never seen something like this, I go to elim... They don't understand that about 20 people been working on getting a nice game together and they by leaving ruin a half hour of other peoples play-time.
                      There is been attempts to make private basing more accesable but it is a team-game and so it still needs people that put some effort in it. If you are well and dedicated enough a baser you will get your turn and you will get picked.
                      At this moment there is enough people that are willing to plan 30 minutes ahead and won't leave after 10 minutes. If you don't want this you just go play in pub where you can leave whenever you want. There must be some sort of selection otherwise the games will just be too bad to play in.
                      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

You play to the death, even if your 200-70000 .

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                          I had to sit a few weeks in spec in #myth before I was first picked and still then I didn't impress enough to be picked the game after.
                          So what? If you want it you have to try for it. Yesterday Infomage as captain was a good example, he picked people that usually wouldn't get picked and his team kept losing people.
                          One dude said something like: I never seen something like this, I go to elim... They don't understand that about 20 people been working on getting a nice game together and they by leaving ruin a half hour of other peoples play-time.
                          There is been attempts to make private basing more accesable but it is a team-game and so it still needs people that put some effort in it. If you are well and dedicated enough a baser you will get your turn and you will get picked.
                          At this moment there is enough people that are willing to plan 30 minutes ahead and won't leave after 10 minutes. If you don't want this you just go play in pub where you can leave whenever you want. There must be some sort of selection otherwise the games will just be too bad to play in.

That doesn't apply to some people though (hint me hint). I've tried playing since the days of #adman and I still only get picked when there are about 16 or 17 people in the arena. I think we should deffinetly have more support for Base2 and Base3

Comment

give me my ER back and i'll go old school on your hairy bums.
                            There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Adman
                              give me my ER back and i'll go old school on your hairy bums.
                              U N L E A S H T H E F U R Y

Edit: Base2 means at least 32 people in base1. Well, to be fair you could probably swing it with 35, 7 v 7 and a few adverted drawn by the arena listing..... maybe.

Comment

Working...
                              X