AID's mark on ID's, Monogamy and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AID's mark on ID's, Monogamy and you

I was in pure pub a little while ago, and a guy named Blue streak decided to share with the world his opinion on people with AID's, and how they should be treated by the government. He believes that anyone with AID's, should have a comment or something similar to "Under 18 until" on their Driver's license.

Not only that, be he decided that everyone in the US should have a yearly blood test to determine if they have AID's, and have the government pay for it. A guy named Project 5 and myself tried to tell him that it's impossible in that regard, and discriminatory in regards to the ID. Let's look at the costs, first off-

- How would we pay for blood tests for everyone in the US?

-Why would this get priority over things like school funding, education and health care?

-What group decides who is eligible for the tests? American Citizens? Everyone?

Then in regards to actually printing the info on everyone's ID's, what purpose does it serve? There's no practical use in having it there- Project 5 brought up the fact that it would only be used to discriminate against people with AID's, which I agree with. It would have no positive effects in being there. Blue streak thought this is the best course to prevent people from going around and spreading AID's, while I merely see it as a lack of trust. If you can't trust someone you're about to sleep with to tell you that they have AIDs, why are you sleeping with them?

What do you think?

--

Monogamy, that's what we ended up talking about after the AIDs thing. Many people agreed in the pub that monogamy, being faithful to your partner is the best way to prevent AIDs. I agree, it's about choices- but I have a question for you about cheaters, and I'm not talking about someone asking for a girls number when he already has a girlfriend :fear: , or someone flirting with another person when they have a significant other, but actual cheating.

What is cheating to you? What is the line for you, what do people have to do for you to consider them cheaters? Is it a kiss, a touch, giving away their number, blowjobs, straight fucking, what?

Do you think cheaters are born that way, can never recover from it if they do it once (aka doomed to repeat), or what?

I personally believe that everyone in a relationship at one given time will be faced with a situation where they can make a good choice, or a bad choice in regards to staying faithful. It's all about temptation, and our will to resist it. But let me here your opinions, and your answers to my questions.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
    I personally believe that everyone in a relationship at one given time will be faced with a situation where they can make a good choice, or a bad choice in regards to staying faithful.
    I liked this statement, good topic to discuss. Personally i think that its just in people's nature to become sick of something and want to move on and try new things, without that nature we wouldn't be where we are today and would still be stuck eating raw shit in caves freezing cold shitting in holes in the ground. I do not think that having blood tests and stuff for AID's is necessary, and as bad and heartbreaking the virus along with other viruses is, it's necessary to the existence of the human race. Lets consider the straight up fact, without these viruses and stuff: overpopulation, which equals end of the human race. We've come out with so much technology to prevent death and such, but we need something to equalize the mortality rate because without diseases and such, our mortality rate would drop like no fucking other.. look at China

Comment

A peck on the lips would constitute cheating to me, but given that its hard to tell whether or not the person was okay with that, maybe the dude just went in for it, the girl didn't like it, but by then it was over. So I'd give a significant other the benefit on the doubt on that one. Tongue kisses under one second long, same difference. I would say cheating is anything involving mouth, breasts, or crotch that lasts longer than 1 second. I've never understood cheaters, and therefore, I would never tolerate one. I could see cheating on someone if when I was cheating I was making the decision to break up with the person right when I saw them. I can't imagine cheating and then lying about it, I'd feel bad and stuff.

edit: as far as the aids stuff, i think the drivers license thing and the yearly test things are both ridiculous.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
        - How would we pay for blood tests for everyone in the US?

-Why would this get priority over things like school funding, education and health care?

-What group decides who is eligible for the tests? American Citizens? Everyone?
        They already do, and have had this in place for years. You can get a free aids test at your county health department. So unless you were talking mandatory, it's not so much ridiculous as "already in place".

I've taken one. Takes 7 days for the results, and the funding doesn't take away one iota from schools or any of the other crap.
        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Cool, good to know. What are your opinions on the ID issue? And monogamy~
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Did anyone mention how Orwellian that this ideal blue streak has created?

With IDs for those who have AIDS will create discrimination and bias decisions in futures for certain small things that will in time grow into a large based prejudice. Right now we are ID'ing practically a lot of things, like just the other week when I applied for college, they asked me a shit load of questions of my parents Voters registration, License and insurance registration as well just so it can prove that I am in fact a Florida resident. Why would they do such a thing? It's because they are going to end up giving me money in the end. That way they got to be sure that everything is true before I get the money. So I don't see how IDs for those who have HIV/AIDS will produce any profits on both sides.. It's just a big waste of time and money and will not be given a second thought.

And on the subject of cheating. It is stupid and you don't deserve whomever you are/were partnered with (unless they cheated on you as well...then that kind of cancels it out...?) Seriously, how can you say that you love someone when you were fucking another person an hour earlier. Cheating to me is commenced when anything sexual occurs (oral, anal what the fuck ever. Even making out), but if its just talking/peck on cheek (maybe lips, depends!) or a hug; then there really is no cheating involved (UNLESS THEY WERE CONSPIRING TO GET IT ON LATER ON).

---

Also to add fuel to the ID fire, a county just north of where I live had installed this new technology into the school systems. They put a finger-touch screen into the lunch lines that where the student presses their finger on the screen and it pulls up the students information on the computer screen for the lunch lady (Name, address, etc etc and how much they owe/etc, standard school form information shit) to speed up the lunch lines. Do you consider this cool or creepy? Right or wrong? Personally to me, it is both right and wrong where this can be useful in helping increase the lunch lines, and has some other benefits such as, say a kid was planning on killing someone, so they skipped their lunches by hanging out in the cafeteria for all lunches, and happened to push his finger onto this thing at the wrong time, indicating that he was skipping his class, calling security later and helped prevent this kid from killing a certain child. On the other hand it could be bad in the fact that (well for one, it would ruin my business of buying lunches for my friends and receiving a fair amount of tax *teeheehee*) someone who is searching for a child (stalker/disgruntled parent maybe/whatever) can use this information to find him/her. It could also mean a large percentage of student's losing their fingers.... So what do you guys think?
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

IDs: I don't have a problem with it being a voluntary option.

What positive purpose could it play? Could be nice for you know. Rescue workers, and cops.

What is cheating to you? What is the line for you, what do people have to do for you to consider them cheaters? Is it a kiss, a touch, giving away their number, blowjobs, straight fucking, what?
              Yes.
              Being unfaithful is being unfaithful whether your busting a nut or giving a phone number out. When a relationship is important to you and you want to keep it? You ought not play fucking games with how far you can push it.

Do you think cheaters are born that way, can never recover from it if they do it once (aka doomed to repeat), or what?
              It's not about being born any such way. It's being inconsiderate of the person you profess to care the most about. If it's in your make up to not be faithful? Answer: Don't get into a steady relationship. But lying and cheating on someone is pretty much the ultimate form of disrespect you can show someone.
              "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

The IDs would not fly with HIPAA. You know, the thing you have to sign at the doctor's office about their privacy policy. Schools, I think, have to be informed of who has AIDS/HIV, but it's all confidential.
                The song doesn't make your hands clap,
                The hand claps make the song

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien View Post
                  You ought not play fucking games with how far you can push it.
                  Sounds just like House on tonight's episode...

Comment

You should know that it is actually called AIDS since the last S is syndrome, not the possessive AID's.
                    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Edit: Never mind, I misread the original intent of Thix's post.
                      Last edited by Aquatiq; 11-15-2006, 04:30 AM.

Comment

what an interesting issue

even tho there has been legal cases of both men and women in england willfully giving HIV to a partner. the concept of sticking that information on a form of I.D turns my stomach for a number of reasons. harsh as it maybe if you sleep with someone who is HIV+ and know about it, your a pretty poor judge of character, not saying you deserve to die or anything. but perhaps we should foster a more prudish sex culture, or atleast a smarter one. i used to give talks to teenages about STD's, and it truely is sexual roulette out there.

so where would he like to draw the line? not just HIV checks but tests for all the possible things someone could give you? if your at a point in a relationship where you are ready to ditch the condom, surely you can both be fully prepared to run down to the GUM clinic and get yourself checked out, and if your partner refuses, then you know they dont care enough about you to protect your physical well being, so dont sleep with them.

when i first read that it sounded to me like he was entrusting his penis to the state.

and with mandatory id there would be assumptions and violoence. however i agree with sar in respect that if people wanted to carry it voluntary to protect say resure workers i have no problems funding something like that.

this girl on my floor has slept with 4 guys unprotected in a month while her boyfriend is away doing medical vol work in cuba, when i ask if she is going to see if she has caught anything she becomes very defensive, when he nexts comes to visit i will be telling him as im not gonna let her play games with his life. do you really think a girl like that (as nice as she is) is gonna carry around a card basically barring her from all sexual activity? and even if it was mandatory im pretty sure she could create a decent enough lie that any man sexually aroused would accept willingly.

sorry if that made no sense i really did just wake up

i dont like cheaters and to me its a kiss
                        Reinstate Sarien
                        ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Having id cards which say you have AIDS is a good idea if on voluntary notice. For same reasons sarien gave, if you are in an accident, you're probably bleeding. It would be really good to know then that if you have AIDS the rescue workers are careful.

As far as cheating goes, I think it already starts with flirting, maybe not the casual flirting. But if you are really flirting with someone, giving out your number to them, talking and stuff. It tells me you are not fully invested in your relationship. Some casual flirting to take care of your ego or something, just knowing people are still interested in you is not that bad. But if you go on, approach people, ask for numbers, just tells me you intent to do more with those people. Though I would not just break up right away or anything, I'll always give the gf a chance to explain, how, why and give her a benefit of the doubt if it stays small. But if it really goes on to kissing and stuff I am done really.
                          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

What is "AID's"? I've never seen it written like that.

What benefit is it to have something on your ID? Better to require tattoos on your penis. Discreet and effective. Man, I should be the surgeon general.

PS Nothing for girls because if even a guy sees the tattoo he's going to bang her anyway. Guys are dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot View Post
                              What is "AID's"? I've never seen it written like that.
                              "Am I Dumb'seriously?"
                              sigpic
                              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Working...
                              X