this new ?go base....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this new ?go base....

please. please you can't be serious. what the hell is that? according to staff, people aren't playing base anymore because its "boring and predictable". it seems to me that people ARE playing base, as the arena is being played quite often. apparently, since it isn't played 24/7, something is wrong. so they changed the map to that poor remake that completely eliminates the cram and doesn't leave much challenge in getting into the flagroom

my vote? nobody cares, but i hate this map. give me my old school basing back, because thats all i play anymore, along with most of the people who play in base

if it ain't broke, don't fix it. base is one of the most popular arenas in trenchwars. this test map which completely alters the gameplay will only push people away in my opinion.
    Praise "Bob"

la música

I'm not a league player anymore but it seems to me like the base map should reflect the map used in leagues. If you're planning to make this new map the map used for leagues, then well and good, but there shouldn't be a discontinuity between the map used in ?go base and the map that "matters" competitively.

EDIT: I do kinda like this map, though. Room for improvement but I think encouraging complex FR battles is a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Vykromond; 11-16-2006, 01:24 PM.
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

i agree. the people who play in base are all basers, they aren't newbies. 95% are on a decent basing squad. we play to practice basing in the base that we base in!
      Praise "Bob"

la música

Comment

It's a test to create diversity for (boring =) cramming. I'm sure you all can tell your opinions about it, and if it will get crushed it probably won't stay. Personally I like it quite much, It does need small tweaks in fr tho. I didn't play ?go base lately because I don't like cramming, it's just too boring for shark. This new map just needs better teamwork (and of course learning/testing new things) to defend it. I hope people wont judge it before playing it few times. It does need small tweaks in fr tho.

Those were all my own opinions, someone who were in the process making that map can sure tell more.

Comment

my roommate is listening to that vitamin c song

you know

aaassss we gooo homee
          we rememberrrrr
          all those times weeee
          spent togeettthhheerrrr
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

when I first saw this map, I thought "NEW MAP MAKE KROG ANGRY" but after a little more thinking, you could increase the team size to 10 and take basing to a new level. make a bot that will do 10v10 and see how it goes down.

Comment

I find it a good idea that this map completely ruins cram! Cram is boring! With his base you can have nice big flagroom battles and continent battles for flag
              help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Yeah basers do like to practice the map that's used in leagues.

I VOTE THIS MAP FOR TWLB/TWBD !!

Comment

Which map is it? the one with out the side blocks to hold the terr in? I'm currently at school and can't see it, so I guess I'll have to wait once i get home.
                  Trench Wars' favorite cheater

Comment

I think there are too many holes, making it a map too focused on javs

apart from that its good fun, nice to see people are working at making basing a little more interesting

Comment

no cram, im happy
                      Reinstate Sarien
                      ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

who cares about basing anyway. skilless aspect of tw
                        1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                        1:Cower> Sword
                        1:Kthx> ok
                        1:Cower> Axe
                        1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                        1:Cower> ?
                        1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

I like it.
                          Regency> not in for dd lol
                          Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

hm

Just tested it, don't like the two entrances.. the expanded flagroom is kind of nice though.

Comment

i love it, guys just whine coz they only know how to cram... TIME TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW, FUCKERS!

Comment

Working...
                              X