Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Richards has some serious problems

Story here.
    Comedian Michael Richards, famed for playing the quirky character Kramer on the hit show Seinfeld, apologised on national television today for spewing a torrent of racial slurs at hecklers during a stand-up act in Hollywood.
    Richards continues to rant as people in the audience are heard shouting back at him, "That was uncalled for," and the comic yells: "Well, you interrupted me pal, that's what happens when you interrupt the white man."
    Pretty damn messed up. The video is easily found on google video to see just how fucked up some of the things he says are and how angry he is. I guess I won't post it since it's very offensive. Sucks too, he always was my favourite on Seinfeld.

Yeah, after watching this, I felt like cringing in horror. Possibly, the worst video I have ever seen on the internet. Michael Richards was seriously an idol to me. Now he's just a fallen hero. -_-

He is apologizing on Letterman as I am typing. It might seem a bit weird, but it seriously left me devastated. I wanted to see him too at the Laugh Factory, but I am not over 18. Sucks so bad.

Comment

Wow that is seriously messed up. No holds barred. Did you see all those people leaving the show? Everyone has their slip-ups.. MEL.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I saw the video on AOL and he seemed to be trying to do a Lenny Bruce type thing because he kept saying, 'There are always those words'. You know what I'm saying? Like, social commentary only not funny and completely racist...like Carlos Mencia. Then, maybe people were heckling him (no doubt talking about Cosmo Kramer, etc.) and he just wigged out.

What really strikes me as interesting is that people seem to be shocked, but as far as I know, Richards has always had a pretty volatile temper (Friday's incident with Andy Kaufman about 20 years back). And he's never really been funny outside of Seinfeld. Oh well. Thus is the plight of an old sitcom star. But then he goes out there on stage, people expect him to come running through a door unannounced and jittery, but he starts spouting n*gger this and b*aner that. He gets heckled, loses it, someone posts a video about it and no one likes him ever again. Good thing he's loaded...

I saw him apologize on Letterman (probably forced into it by Jerry Seinfeld) and it was terribly awkward. I'm all for free speech, and yes, Richards said some fucked up shit, but he shouldn't have to apologize for or attempt to explain his actions. He said what he said. Like it or don't. In my case, I don't. But I'm not going to demand that this guy have his lips fused together via some futuristic laser operation so I don't have to hear one of his tirades again. I'll just not go see him do stand-up, but I'll continue liking Seinfeld. No big fucking deal. Paul Rodriguez can lick my sac.

Seinfeld season 7! In stores NOW!

Comment

?cheater Kramer racist slurs
          sdg

Comment

man, hes lost it
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

i prefer the video where jason alexander gives screech a dirty sanchez

Comment

Originally posted by Riesen View Post
                ... he seemed to be trying to do a Lenny Bruce type thing because he kept saying, 'There are always those words'. You know what I'm saying? Like, social commentary only not funny and completely racist...like Carlos Mencia. Then, maybe people were heckling him (no doubt talking about Cosmo Kramer, etc.) and he just wigged out.
                At first, I was thinking the exact same thing---it looked like he was trying to do some Lenny Bruce-style social commentary about the loud-black-people sterotype, but he lost control of the crowd, choked and hit Esc+Q and gtfo---basically committing career suicide.

Comment

http://forums.t3g.org/index.php?showtopic=5552

Comment

well thats what happens when u interrupt the white man

Comment

No, I think he was just really pissed off at those guys and tried to say the most hurtful thing possible. Like if they were Chinese he'd be calling them ****** or would have yelled about their "slanty-eyes" and rice cars. He saw they were black, so went with the N word to get them as riled up as they got him.

Which brings this whole situation down to control- he's a comedian, like someone else said, he should be able to handle the heckling and be used to it. There are plenty of other words he could have used before resorting to racist slurs but he decided to go that route, and now his career has suffered a major blow. I watched the entire thing on google and I have to wonder if he is sorry for actually saying those things, or sorry for the repercussions? I've never seen a comedian blow up like that before, so I don't know if it was stress or what- but he could try and work with Mel Gibson, they're in the same ballpark now.
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Michael Richards> so let me warn you. dont goto a priv and say the word n*g or goto a pub arena with just a bot and say the word and let me tell you dont try to argue with staff because they will just break the rules and add you to ignore list.

Aorta> Right on, cracka!

Comment

Kramer is still the man, whether or not the guy who played him is a racist bigot.

Comment

I just youtubed it. Holy fucking shit did he go cukoo for cocoa puffs.
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                              No, I think he was just really pissed off at those guys and tried to say the most hurtful thing possible. Like if they were Chinese he'd be calling them ****** or would have yelled about their "slanty-eyes" and rice cars. He saw they were black, so went with the N word to get them as riled up as they got him.

Which brings this whole situation down to control- he's a comedian, like someone else said, he should be able to handle the heckling and be used to it. There are plenty of other words he could have used before resorting to racist slurs but he decided to go that route, and now his career has suffered a major blow. I watched the entire thing on google and I have to wonder if he is sorry for actually saying those things, or sorry for the repercussions? I've never seen a comedian blow up like that before, so I don't know if it was stress or what- but he could try and work with Mel Gibson, they're in the same ballpark now.
                              You're giving him way too much leeway. If you're capable of saying that kind of shit then you're definitely racist. Clearly he really wanted to piss them off but I've really wanted to piss people off before too and I don't sink to tirades where not only are slurs used but he, as literally as possible in a tirade, evokes images of oppression and hatred that is generations old. It's my opinion that saying "n*gger" is one thing, and something to probably get your ass kicked over if you're white, but talking about interrupting the white man is completely out of line.

Comment

Working...
                              X