I thought the war was over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the war was over?

Gemayel, 34, was the fifth anti-Syrian figure to be killed in the past two years and the first member of the government of Prime Minister Fuad Saniora to be slain. A car rammed his vehicle from behind and then a gunman stepped out and shot him at point-blank range, his Phalange Party radio station and Lebanon's official news agency reported.

Footage from the scene showed Gemayel's car, the driver's-side window dotted by about a dozen bullet holes, and the second car behind it with a crumpled hood.

The assassination, in an afternoon shooting in Gemayel's mainly Christian constituency of Jdeideh, threatens further instability in Lebanon at a time when Hezbollah and other parties allied with Syria are planning massive street protests unless Saniora reforms his government to give them more power.

In Washington, the State Department denounced the assassination as terrorism and an attempt to intimidate Saniora's government. The United States has accused Syria and
    Iran of plotting to overthrow the government, which is dominated by anti-Syrian politicians.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061121/..._minister_shot

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The Israeli military launched a three-pronged offensive in the northern
    Gaza Strip early Tuesday, killing a top Hamas commander in its latest operation against Palestinian rocket squads. An elderly Palestinian woman died in a gunbattle between troops and militants.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Militants persisted with the rocket fire, launching five homemade projectiles, including three that landed in southern
    Israel. One critically wounded a man in the town of Sderot, a frequent target, striking the ground a half-mile from a convoy carrying the
    United Nations' top human rights official, who was touring the town.

The military confirmed operations in northern Gaza, but provided few details.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061121/...l_palestinians

People people people, can we just go 6 months without some violence? Is that too much to ask? The riots- sorry, I mean "protests" won't help anyone on either side, they will only be the precursor for more violence. This three-pronged attack? Countless people attacked, homes destroyed, all to get one Hamas leader?

Shit. Is peace the period where everyone reloads their weapons? Or is it the silence after everything is already destroyed?
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Haha... that war was over just like the Iraq war was "Mission Accomplished"

Comment

Working...
    X