X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woot PriitK!

Wowie!

I think Priitk finally managed to put in something that we've asked for since over 3 years ago.

I'm not completely sure, but it seems like Robo Ref is now automatically and continously deleting old elim games that are more than 2 weeks old (or some kind of timeframe).

Thank you Priitk!

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but Robo Ref has ALWAYS deleted old records for elim !rank. I'm one of those people who rarely wins elims, so when I do win one, it only stays in my rank for about a month or so. Then, it goes back to saying I have 0 wins. It says I have two wins now, when in reality throughout my life in TW I've won at least 20 elims.

Is this what you're talking about? The rank? It's been like that for as long as I remember, much like the score resets.
    Ask me about my explosive diarrhea!

Comment

Ive had 3 or 4 names that ive been wating on to get cleared from elim that have not done so for over 3 months. WTF is robo ref taking sides? What a dictatorship this whole game is.
      2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

I think Epi was not referring to the actual resetting itself, but to the frequency.

He wanted 2 weeks, whereas the time reset was a lot longer i think (maybe a month, im not really sure) and recently it had stopped resetting completely, but now it resets at 2 weeks (or so it appears).

I personally like it cuz just a month ago my name was ranked 155 cuz of all the old games, and after two resets it's ranked 9 or something...

This way you can tell who is doing good now and not a month or so ago...
        i'm bored

Comment

If that's true that's the worst thing to ever happen to elim. What's the point in trying for a good rating if it only lasts 2 weeks before it's gone. Hell, most people won't even be able to keep 500 kills/deaths. I really reallly really hope this isn't true. It's the reason I quit playing Chaos 5-6 years ago. I used to play for scores, then they started the 2 week reset, and it's like what's the point.

Absolutely terrible.

Anyway I think what Epi was happy about was the fact that now RoboRef does it automatically, which was never the case before. It used to be done just whenever it dawned on Priitk or Dock or whoever was in charge of resetting elim that it hadn't been reset in awhile.... I think.

It still sucks. I think elim should be partially reset every like 3 months. Give people time to earn a good rating and prove they have the ability to keep it, but not soo long that the rating are just flooded with people and their stupid aliases.

Although it did bump me up to 16th, which is nice. Still... boo I say, booooo.
          Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 07-15-2002, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Robo didn't reset before this for at least three months. I know cause my elim recrods from April were still around until very recently (I had 0 games before April as I didn't play SS forever).

It's nice to have Robo finally resetting automatically, makes elim fun cause it means all the aliases that were cluttering up the elim rankings are deleted. Also if people's real names can have good records they will have less need to have an alias to get a good ranking... It's also good cause it gives people an incentive to actually care about elim as games from 3 months ago don't count

-Epi
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Hell it bumped me from 457632891233111478901928339-0480-12th Ranking all the way to 156. I have ZERO complaints.
              Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

sigh still 4.3217321817 x 10^40 for me.

since im not ranked i dont care bout this but i guess its cool. gg good elimers!
                Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by THE PUSHER
                  Hell it bumped me from 457632891233111478901928339-0480-12th Ranking all the way to 156. I have ZERO complaints.
                  AGREED!!

Comment

This is really cool. Maybe people will start caring more about the recs and play considerate for a change. Then we could all stop spawning and being newbies! HORRAY! The war against newbies in elim is tilting on OUR SIDE!
                    2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

It reset games that are older than 3 weeks -nt-

Comment

Best thing to happen

This is the best thing since the split of javs to a different arena. Now people I've never seen will be able to play for a day and be in the records for 3 months
                        I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Necro'd
                          1:Randedl> dude, if you ever spam out again during a game i'm benching you forever heh

5:Attila> then i sell windows vista and mac os's and stuff
                          5:Attila> its good drinkin money :/
                          5:crazi> u gonna be drinking cocks when they lock u up
                          5:Crazy> cockmeat sandwiches
                          5:Attila> :\
                          5:crazi> dont forget the appetizer
                          5:Crazy> jizz rag soup?
                          5:crazi> Seasoned Grade A Meyer's Ranch 100% pure Cock with truffles and a light crab sauce
                          5:Attila> u make it sound so yummy

Comment

Okay, i'm gonna post and see if I get banned.

Comment

lolol :greedy:
                              SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                              SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                              Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                              Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                              1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                              1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Working...
                              X