X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guys i quit smoking

well relatively

i went from three packs a day to just one cigarette today, and it sucks

the thing i'm really fighting now is, i'm hungry as fucking shit but i'm poor. TBH, cigarettes kept my food expenses down, which kept my energy bill down (stove/microwave rarely used). so, a carton of camels ($30, lasting three days) generally brought my expenses to about $5 a day for food (fast food for lunch, or ramen), and my electricity bill down to $30 a month (from $90).

so like in a given month, $300 for cigarettes, $30 for energy, and $150 for food.

before i started seriously smoking heavily, I'd do $90 for energy, and then 2 trips per month to the Grocery, $100 each, plus going out to eat. I used to have a huge appetite, so figure $20 a meal at a casual diner. Let's say that was twice a week (weekends), $160 total.

so in a given month, $90 for energy, $200 for groceries, $160 for food.

So me smoking = $480/month, me not smoking = $480.

Fuck. in my head it seemed more expensive to not smoke. But I'm seriously in the grips of some crazy something.. I feel like hyper but chill at the same time. Someone please kill me. I have $14 to my name that isn't going to go towards this months rent which I am like $150 short on anyways (though that's like 9 hours of work so give me the week kz) and there's a cigarette store right across the street. My computer desk is littered with cartons and empty boxes (I have already counted them - 34 - and none of them have a cigarette accidentally left in them). I have two wine bottles packed to the brim with cigarette butts - one Robert Mondavi, one Ecco Domani, both stolen from work and consumed.

It's 1am and I usually go to bed 2 hours ago please, someone murder me.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

look don't i look ridiculously happy

internet de la jerome

Comment

Lol wow. Get the patch, man.
      DELETED

Comment

for the last hour i have been typing nonstop - myspace, facebook, aim, twforums - whatever. people have been getting essays of information and i am going nuts, man

i need a cigarette. i need something. maybe whiskey.

i would masturbate but i don't even think i could get a hard-on because my brain is fuckin all over the place and i probably couldn't conjure up a pair of tits if i tried

internet de la jerome

Comment

jesus fucking christ i went on a weeklong blowfest and dropped that shit cold turkey, but i can't go like one day without a cigarette

fuck

internet de la jerome

Comment

my heels are bleeding cause for 3 hours i have been tapping my feet and the heels of the work shoes grated through the socks and my skin

internet de la jerome

Comment

i just cooked an entire dozen eggs i forgot i had. i stirred it in with ramen, bacon bits, nacho cheese, and hot dogs. it was delicious and i'm still hungry.

i might go to the local greasy spoon... i crave country fried steak. like fifty of them.

internet de la jerome

Comment

i just had a cup of whiskey, taken john-belushi-in-animal-house style

i feel much better now, i hope it puts me to sleep

internet de la jerome

Comment

The first three days are the hardest.
                  Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                  i just wish it was longer
                  Originally posted by Cops
                  it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

I'm so lonely, but that's okay, I shaved my head
                    And I'm not sad
                    And just maybe I'm to blame for all I've heard
                    But I'm not sure
                    I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet you there
                    But I don't care
                    I'm so horny, but that's okay
                    My will is good
                    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                    3:Best> see it coming
                    3:Best> sad

Comment

is it considered giving in if i'm lighting up butts from the ashtray?

internet de la jerome

Comment

i'm shaking the excess tobacco from all of these packs into a zig zag paper

dear god this might be serious

internet de la jerome

Comment

In 20 years you'll thank yourself that you quit, really. My grandfather says it was the best decision he ever made.
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

gl man, i couldnt do it, tried twice
                            Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                            1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                            Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                            caco <ER>> )Oo
                            caco <ER>> bot thief!
                            caco <ER>> duel me for it
                            Evasive <E> no!
                            Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

I've rolled tobacco into zigs before, not a fun sight. Andrew, at best look at what you've got, a girlfriend a place to stay and I'm pretty sure you're in college or university now. Kicking habits isn't fun, I had to kick several but the best advice I can give you is to not replace bad habits with new ones like getting trashed when you want to get stoned or get really fucking high because you can't get the nicotine.

I'd seriously consider the patch, keep at it and it will come when it's suppose to. The first attempt is not necessarily the last one, I think if you can go "cold turkey" you'll definitely better your chances to stay off it, that's from my experience though. When a person is trying to kicks a bad habit they might feel like they can go back to their normal way of life, because they may have faltered in the past but when you keep going and don't give up from the start you'll see that your dedication to yourself really kicks in. I turned around to myself at one point and said "I haven't given up and it's been a year, why stop and have to start all over again?"

The best person that I found that I could talk to in game about addictions and habits was PaulOakenfold, who has told me several stories about his youth and friends that he has lost. I think you come to some sort of understanding that when you continue on with these habits it can seriously take hold of you or your finances.
                              Last edited by Cops; 11-27-2006, 05:00 AM.
                              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                              X