Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lust, Power, -what would be in control?, If the economy fell through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lust, Power, -what would be in control?, If the economy fell through?

Hypothetical situation- a disaster, whatever you want it to be, brings the economy all over the globe to it's knees. Money is worthless, whether you're in China, the US, England- anywhere. What do you think would be the next thing that men would want to have complete control over?

Food? Weapons? Armies? How would they get this "bargaining chip"? How could world leaders continue to keep order?
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

cigarettes

vonnegut's "galapagos"
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

The basic necessities: Food and condoms. ^-^

Very interesting discussion. I do think food, water, and fuel would become very precious. Food and water for immediate survival, fuel to remain a world leader. Fuel could become quite the bargaining chip, and fuel itself can get that chip to you.
      DoCk>> im king of tw, i grant all twers permission to fornicate
      DoCk>> there's sucking up going on? i want in on it too :P

Comment

Men always have, and always will fight over women.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by DangerGirl View Post
          The basic necessities: Food , water, and fuel would become very precious.
          That's it right there. Food, water and energy are the base needs of any modern civilization. Whoever controls that, is the answer to your question.

But you can't underestimate the significance of black market vice: drugs, alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and of course, pussy. Those industries would be more important than ever, if life was a disaster zone, as you describe. After 9/11, the alcohol and entertainment industry (liquor sales and Blockbuster stock, for examples). After all, if life becomes depressing and miserable, escapism becomes therapeutic.

Also, religion seems to become a strong influence over mainstream culture after people are reminded of the fragility of life. Look at what happened after 9/11 and Katrina. For those that don't turn to vice, the rest would probably turn to the Bible. That means religious leaders become very powerful.
          Last edited by Subjugation; 11-27-2006, 03:09 PM. Reason: Because I added some shit, that's why.

Comment

Elephants

Don't know why but sounds logic in some strange way
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

could go back to the past days, where power was determined by military strength and how much land
              Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
              oNe-t> YEAH
              nopcode> before going out
              funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

You could go back to, say, the middle ages, where such a thing was in effect. But then you would have the problem that people now are as ignorant as back then.

You could go back to 1929, where basicly the same thing happened. It is a time where people like Hitler can get to power just because they are charismatic and times are bad. It's hard to say.
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                    You could go back to 1929, where basicly the same thing happened. It is a time where people like Hitler can get to power just because they are charismatic and times are bad. It's hard to say.
                    His Story repeats for a reason and the senario above still has one more appearance on a more grand scale - deception across the globe.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq View Post
                      Duct tape.
                      Don't forget the WD-40
                      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

A lot of heroin.

Comment

Going on what Gen said, I was just thinking - I bet drugs would definitely become something big. You've got (m/b)illions of people dejected and hopeless... what a better way to be happy than a good dose of smack? Money being worthless means drug dealers could simply recruit people as slaves/henchmen, and with the wonderful lifespan associated with drugs, I'm sure there'd be new recruits everyday

Even people who didn't do drugs - it'd be like that (richard gere?) movie where the baddies shoot that detective up with drugs to get him addicted, so he has to do drugs.
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

ya drugs, fuel, cars, women, duct tape, all stuff that would be traded

i think the main one would be drugs cause ill be like damn without money how am i gonna get my ecstacy?

but anyways pretty much everything we have now will be traded, cars, food, ect. its just that a world disaster will need alot of drugs so id say the druglords will be in power
                            ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
                            ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
                            ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

my sexy body
                              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Working...
                              X