• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partij voor de Dieren!

Originally posted by partijvoordedieren.nl
    A victory for the animals
    Party for the Animals gains 2 parliamentary seats in the Netherlands

Amsterdam, 11/23/2006 – On Wednesday, November 22, the Dutch political Party of the Animals gained 2 seats in the 150-member legislature in The Netherlands. This makes the Netherlands the first country in the world in which a party for animal welfare is elected into a representative body of the people.

“We are thrilled with such a wonderful result of our campaign”, says party leader Marianne Thieme. “Finally we can start realizing our party’s highest priority, namely ending all animal suffering. We want a constitutional amendment, guaranteeing animals the right to freedom from pain, fear and stress caused by humans. Let’s begin with easing the suffering of the hundreds of millions of cows, pigs and chickens stuck in factory farming”, she said. Thieme feels success in the Netherlands could help the movement elsewhere. One of the party’s purposes is to be an inspiration for other countries and animal rights activists.

A growing number of Dutch people are wondering why it is necessary to have economic interests prevail over ethical considerations when it comes to animal welfare and the interests of nature and the environment. “The Party for the Animals expresses this concern that so many Dutch have”, says Esther Ouwehand, number two on the party list, explaining the party’s victory.

The party and viewpoints of party leader Marianne Thieme received a great deal of media attention. After law school and a brief corporate career, she decided to enter politics as an advocate for all animals and founded the Party for the Animals. A large number of well known Dutch authors such as Jan Wolkers, Kees van Kooten, Maarten ’t Hart and Harry Mulisch have joined the Party for the Animals. 20 of the party’s 30 candidates are opinion leaders in the Netherlands. Also a number of business people have contributed large sums of money to the Party for the Animals, allowing for a full-fledged political campaign.
    woot, a victory for the animals! How are the animals represented in your country? huh?
    You ate some priest porridge

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
    woot, a victory for the animals! How are the animals represented in your country? huh?
    They are all well represented on my dinner plate.
    USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
      They are all well represented on my dinner plate.
      I guess that's something

Comment

Time to emigrate again..

First a party for pedophile's in the NL
        (below is a real picture of it's campain leader)

And then a party for the animals.... what is wrong with this world??? (wait.. or did i vote for the animal party too?:whistling)

:w00t:

Comment

even funnier is that we have a "party for freedom", who have as goals to limit the growth of the muslim-population in holland and to force people out of special schools (christian / islamic schools). basically none of their goals have anything to do with 'freedom', unless with freedom they meant discrimination.

imo some parties shouldn't be allowed to exist because they ridicule democracy (and we have to protect the stupid people from voting on them).. :/
          democracy only works when you learn people the basics about economics / politics before you give them the right to vote.. :P

Comment

Even more funny is that I'm not allowed to wear a ski mask in public, but a muslim woman can cover herself up completely.
            To talk in funny terms. Even funnier is that discrimination happens all over the globe, but when a white man makes a remark, it's called discrimination and he/she is a racist.
            What is also very funny, is the amount of cristian churches that are tolorated in a muslim country.

But let's not go there...I'm provoking, I know. In fact, I really don't care about religion/ above topic talks since everyone should do what they please as long noone else gets hurt by it.

ps. the guy in above picture reminds me of someone in the tw gallery :whistling

Comment

So how about that dutch goalie.
              Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Now when the old classfight and left vs right agenda is slowly being washed away single issue parties are becoming more and more popular.
                Originally posted by Tyson
                There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                Originally posted by HeavenSent
                Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                Originally posted by Izor
                Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I didn't vote for the partij voor de dieren this time, but I did last time :groovy:

Comment

And this is why Europe sucks.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Stiglitz
                      Europeans subsidize cows to the tune of $2.00 a day. It’s such a resonant number because that’s the way the World Bank measures poverty, less than $2.00 a day. It’s better to be a cow in Europe than to be a person in most of the developing world..
                      yawn.

Comment

i agree to disagree
                        this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                        (:3=

Comment

Dennis is an animal.

Comment

in belgium we have a Trenchwars party
                            Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
                            waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
                            Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
                            waxer> LOl,no
                            waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                              Europe sucks.
                              Originally posted by Tyson
                              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                              Originally posted by HeavenSent
                              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                              Originally posted by Izor
                              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X