Chuck Palaniuk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Palaniuk

So, I just finished reading Diary, which was the last of his novels that I hadn't read (except for Stranger than Fiction) and I must say that he's one of my favorite authors. All of his books are nasty and disturbing, yet funny and meaningful at the same time. He's got a real talent.

Anyways, have any of you guys read his works? If so, what'd you think?

I'm sure there's gotta be someone on here that's read Fight Club or Survivor.
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

I haven't read any, but I'm looking for a new book to read, which of his works do you suggest I read first?

Comment

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
      I haven't read any, but I'm looking for a new book to read, which of his works do you suggest I read first?
      Depends on the strength of your stomach. If your looking for more of a gross out with neat little lessons slipped into the text, then Haunted is your best bet.

On the other hand, if you're looking for brainfuck books that satire society, and human behaivor then Fight Club and Survivor are more your bet.

Probably Fight Club or Survivor as a good Palaniuk starting point.
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I'll look into 'Fight Club' as the title appeals to me, thanks.

Comment

I'll look into 'Fight Club' as the title appeals to me, thanks.
          If you've seen the movie more than twice... it's hard to read because you keep thinking "oh I remember that part" and skip through it.

If you haven't, it's awesome. But some parts I had to close the book because it was so graphic.
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Oh it's the same thing? Thought it just had the same name as the movie Fight Club. =/

Comment

Oh it's the same thing? Thought it just had the same name as the movie Fight Club. =/
              Yup, one and the same. The book is just as fast-paced as the movie, so a definite recomended read.

internet de la jerome

Comment

L0Lz0r.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                  If you've seen the movie more than twice... it's hard to read because you keep thinking "oh I remember that part" and skip through it.

If you haven't, it's awesome. But some parts I had to close the book because it was so graphic.
                  You think Fight Club was graphic and brutal, read the first chapter of Haunted. It's a short story called "Guts" which apparently caused 35 people to faint when he read it aloud on tour promoting his novel "Diary"

You can read it at: http://www.chuckpalahniuk.net/books/haunted/guts.php

But, be warned....it's pretty fucking unbearable the first time you read it. At the same time though, I couldn't help but chuckle at other times (which is really messed up, because the story should not be funny at all).

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                    You think Fight Club was graphic and brutal, read the first chapter of Haunted. It's a short story called "Guts" which apparently caused 35 people to faint when he read it aloud on tour promoting his novel "Diary"

But, be warned....it's pretty fucking unbearable the first time you read it. At the same time though, I couldn't help but chuckle at other times (which is really messed up, because the story should not be funny at all).
                    jesus fucking christ

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post

LOl what the fuck.

Comment

The Book > The Movie. Fight Club is on my top 10 books, Diary is up there too.
                        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

That's all this soup of blood and corn, shit and sperm and peanuts floating around me. Even with my guts unraveling out my ass, me holding onto what's left, even then my first want is to somehow get my swimsuit back on.
                          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                          ---A few minutes later---
                          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                          9:Kim> UM
                          9:Kim> i didn't
                          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Palaniuk is a huge Jacques Lacan fan so it's fun to read his books with that lens. He misreads Freud and Lacan sometimes, I feel, but it's nevertheless entertaining. He's a good read, but not one of my favourites.

Comment

what the hell do you think about all day to write such a thing.
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X