Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sleeper Cell: American Terror (Spoilers Inside!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeper Cell: American Terror (Spoilers Inside!!)

I just got done watching Season 1 of this show on Showtime. Definitely one of my new favourite shows that I recently discovered at the end of this year, it has taken the place that was left open by 24 and Lost, especially 24 in this case. The show, if you don't know, is about an undercover FBI agent who embraced the Word of Islam and has infiltrated a Sleeper Cell in Los Angeles. The 10 episode season goes by with the main character, Darwyn, trying to keep his identity hidden from his fellow cell members and trying to stop the big attack that he helps plan.

It's a really interesting show, because of the way it is presented. In most cases, you're pretty much just hanging with the enemy the entire series, so you can't help but feel this sort of connection with the characters. My favourite was the relationship between Christian and Tommy. They never saw eye-to-eye on things, but in the end, they were still brothers under Islam and were friends. I would almost say, if they didn't die at the end, just do a spin off show with them two. It'd be hilarious.

Some favourite moments:
    -Christian at the Mexico vs France soccer match in the sports bar, getting drunk. Then being pulled over by the cops with Tommy
    -Christian and Tommy telling off the student at the college asking them to come to a Christian rally
    -Darwyn saving Farak in Mexico. That episode, at the end, almost seemed like a "happy ending" in a weird sense.
    -And definitely the part near the end of the season where they first met Kennith. That guy was nuts, in a good way. Damn shame he had to go out, but he went out in good fashion.
    -And the ending moment, where Darwyn sees Gayle again ... you just know everything is gonna be alright and he doesn't have to hide his identity from her anymore.
    DELETED

I tried to start watching this show OnDemand, and I couldn't get into it at all. Is it one of those shows that doesn't get interesting until like the 3rd or 4th episode? Because the first episode and most of the second (before I gave up on it) seemed boring and badly acted.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

It's not heavy on action. The third episode was pretty good, and it comes to a good ending. I just started the second season.
      DELETED

Comment

Working...
      X