What is TW's definition of racism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is TW's definition of racism?

I'm wondering, what defines racism, and what defines a warning/ban/infraction based on the forum rule, 12. Racism is forbidden.

I'm not trying to stir racial controversy with 'this' point, and I'm not being racist, so this is a legitimate question, what exactly is racism for TW/forums?
    May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

I asked this 4 years ago - it doesn't exist. The anti-racism rule is a subjective one based upon precedents and whatever the mod feels like at the time.

Thing is, racism is such a wide subject that I doubt a hard set of rules could be devised to cover all bases. You'll always get inconsistency but that's ok because without something to bitch at most people here would be lost.

Comment

somehow someone was being racist to me and i just managed to whine or laugh at his ass

but with any relevance to the thread... my points are derogatory terms on ones country/race and the overpopular overused word used for black people.
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Pretty much any thing you say that is in aggression toward someone via their race or religion. It's including, but not exclusive to "j*w" "n**ger" "cracker", and etc*. Mainly based on context of conversation.
        DELETED

Comment

lawl just like a cracka to ask a questin like that

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
            Pretty much any thing you say that is in aggression toward someone via their race or religion. It's including, but not exclusive to "j*w" "n**ger" "cracker", and etc*. Mainly based on context of conversation.
            So why is it apparently illegal to spell out the n-word and j-word but not the c-word?

Comment

Because "cracker" is the same spelling of other, more common and non-racial words. That should be fairly obvious.

Comment

I know cracker is a normal word in the English language for a food product, therefore, it is not a word which is blocked by the Forums' built-in obscenity filter. The N and J words, however, are blocked, so if I were to type them out, you would see 6 and 3 stars, in a row, respectively.

Don't ask me why the rules are as such, cause I never made them, all I know is what they are. If it were up to me, I would make it ?obscene block optional. So, it's really just in your best interest to leave race out of your insults and you should be 100% fine.
                DELETED

Comment

Cracker is a word created from the old word 'whip cracker', the white person who cracked the whip on the black slaves. I don't understand how that's supposed to be an insult to a white person. Perhaps it implies they are an asshole? If that's what it's meant to symbolize, it doesn't really get its point across.

Comment

most white people i know ARE assholes though.
                    then again, most black people are too.

everybody's an asshole, so why can't we just have one universal deragatory term?

"jigacker"

Comment

I fail to see how "jew" is a racist statement, yet people start crying foul when someone says it in public.

Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים, Yehudim; Yiddish: ייִדן, Yidn) are followers of Judaism or, more generally, members of the Jewish people.
                      LOOK AT THE RACISMS
                      f

Comment

The problem was that the word "Jew" was used in anti-semetic ways more often than not. The word itself isn't a problem, it's the context it's being used in that has caused problems. It's a shame, really.

Comment

Like I said before, and TK just said, "Context" is key.

Acceptable: Did you know that the Jews don't celebrate Christmas?
                          Unacceptable: The damn jew shark TKed my team

Acceptable: Yeah, my friend's a jew and I went with him to temple.
                          Unacceptable: Jew ass warbirds tanking shots!!

With the N word, I don't care who you're saying it to, what country of origin you are from, or what colour your skin is. There is no proper context for it. I agree with Jesse Jackson in that the N word shouldn't be used so flagrantly in the media.

And cracker examples.

Acceptable: These Keebler crackers are delicious.
                          Unacceptable: Dumb cracker keeping the man down.

Acceptable: I put cheese on my Ritz cracker.
                          Unacceptable: This cracker thinks he's good cause he spawned a levi in a cloaker.

-------

It's really sad that I have to spell out this GED level information to you guys.
                          DELETED

Comment

GET OUR EXPERTS TO TW FORUM, STAT

RACISM DISCUSSION UP INS

heave ho

heave ho

heave ho
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                              Like I said before, and TK just said, "Context" is key.

Acceptable: Did you know that the Jews don't celebrate Christmas?
                              Unacceptable: The damn jew shark TKed my team

Acceptable: Yeah, my friend's a jew and I went with him to temple.
                              Unacceptable: Jew ass warbirds tanking shots!!

With the N word, I don't care who you're saying it to, what country of origin you are from, or what colour your skin is. There is no proper context for it. I agree with Jesse Jackson in that the N word shouldn't be used so flagrantly in the media.

And cracker examples.

Acceptable: These Keebler crackers are delicious.
                              Unacceptable: Dumb cracker keeping the man down.

Acceptable: I put cheese on my Ritz cracker.
                              Unacceptable: This cracker thinks he's good cause he spawned a levi in a cloaker.

-------

It's really sad that I have to spell out this GED level information to you guys.

Well, that was the obvious answer, but what about terms such as negro, or even racial profiling a certain ethnic groups?

Comment

Working...
                              X