Unpleasant Situation with ?illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpleasant Situation with ?illegal

I've been noticing that it takes an incredible amount of time to get any ?illegal reports answered, and even then, you have to make sure the violator is still doing what they're doing, or no warnings will be given and no action taken. I've had folks admit that they were breaking rules, obviously spec hunting and admitting it, gotten screenshots of it, and still no warnings given or actions taken. I'm just wondering if there's a place that one can make a record of such violations outside of the seemingly transient ?illegal command, where one can't upload any evidence. This would allow for rules to be enforced even if the perpetrator isn't committing the act whenever a ZH or ER takes their time to stroll around and check it out.
    And just for good measure, some evidence in case anyone with power wants to do something:
    Cupido venustas per sanctimonia et sapientia.
    When you goto your grave, will you simply cease to exist, or will you have put enough effort into finding truth that you will earn your soul?

The reason you don't get any response for your ?illegal calls is really quite simple. The command "?illegal" is not a command (at least in TW). The command you are looking for is ?cheater.

Example: ?cheater Pure_Luck is teamkilling in public 0

When you do this correctly, you get a confirmation response from the server, like "Your message has been sent to the moderators." or something similar.
    DELETED

Comment

Merry Christmas!
      Originally posted by paradise!
      pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
      1:Reaver> HALP
      1:Reaver> HELELP
      1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
      1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Rebuttle

Well, frankly, I used both of the commands and got confirmation from both that it was received, from a bot, but never any human response. As for that second screenshot that someone posted, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
        Cupido venustas per sanctimonia et sapientia.
        When you goto your grave, will you simply cease to exist, or will you have put enough effort into finding truth that you will earn your soul?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          Well, frankly, I used both of the commands and got confirmation from both that it was received, from a bot, but never any human response. As for that second screenshot that someone posted, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
          it means screenshots hold zero credibility. this thread is useless.
          Originally posted by turmio
          jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
          Originally posted by grand
          I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

After you said you got confirmation from a bot with both ?cheater and ?illegal commands, I decided to try it myself. I spammed my arena with ?illegal commands ... not one came up, nobody knew, nobody saw. ?illegal is not a command in TW. I highly doubt any bots responded to your ?illegal.
            DELETED

Comment

Screenshots can very easily be faked, even without any sort of graphics editting, so cannot be used as evidence.
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Moderators aren't obligated to talk to you about it for several reasons.
                1. People tend to give you the entire backstory of their life leading up to the cheater call if you make your presence known. This is very irritating, as well as downright boring. If any further information is required, they will contact you. Until then, they would appreciate if you kept your mouth shut.
                2. People also tend to gloat. ie. "Haha. Now I have a moderator to come and ban you." Said person then may stop whatever activites he/she was partaking in and the moderator's time is wasted on a fruitless call because the plaintiff has given the element of suprise away.

While I didn't take this particular call, I did happen to wander in for a moment just to check what was going on. After a few moments, both were out of spec and play continued as normal. My attention was then diverted by a bowl of Xmas pudding covered in custard. It was delicious.

Comment

Like DA said ?illegal does not work.

Rudy got a very good point!
                  SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                  SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                  Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                  Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                  1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                  1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

It works pretty well honestly, Especially if the squad the mod is on like Sake loses to the squad the player being reported is on like Quicksand. Or if you have ever called Rudy a pussy.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

DEFENDARS AGAINZT SPACESHAP CRIMES.
                      f

Comment

Originally posted by Dack Falu View Post

DEFENDARS AGAINZT SPACESHAP CRIMES.

Best post ever, LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Comment

I thought the fact that if you check his screenshot and check when he made the ?illegal thing ... the fact there is no green message below it confirming it was sent sorta shows he was lying to try and not make himself out to be a complete idiot ...

So screenshots aren't good for evidence ... but that one was good for making you look like a complete idiot ... :P gg
                          9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
                          9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
                          9:Basti> sure
                          9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
                          9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
                          9:Basti> i'll score
                          9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
                          9:Basti> and take the flag
                          9:Inaphyt> ROFL
                          9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

Working...
                          X