Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam Writes Final Letter and Calls For Non-Hatred of the Invaders

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16368242/

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein called on Iraqis not to hate the U.S.-led forces that invaded Iraq in 2003 in a farewell letter posted on a Web site Wednesday, a day after an appeals court upheld the former dictator’s death sentence and ordered him to be hanged within one month.
    Something smells fishy here, and it's not Telcat's cooz. This doesn't sound like the same man that showed up in court in his underwear and screamed so loud that they had to remove him from the courthouse before proceeding with the trial. I hate to say it, but this sorta sounds like a government manufactured kinda thing, intended to try and sway those really loyal Saddam followers towards peace.

Is it just me, or does this seem really out of character for a man that killed millions of his own people and waged brutal wars against innocent Iranians?

DISCUSS!
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Definitely a fake.
    DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
      innocent Iranians?
      :wub::fear:
      sigpic
      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

I heard on the news that he called on all Iraqis to fight against the troops.

Comment

There's been a lot of letters from Saddam in the past, in which he had a very different message. It's pretty much up to the newspaper to decide which passages to quote and which to leave out I guess...

Here's a very quick search for articles with Saddam and Letter (all from 2006).

AlJazeera: (27-12-2006)
          http://www.aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=12722
          "I sacrifice myself. If God wills it, he will place me among the true men and martyrs," "The enemies of your country, the invaders and the Persians have found your unity a barrier between you and those who are now ruling you. Therefore they drove their hated wedge among you,"

USA Today: (16-10-2006)
          http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/i...r_x.htm?csp=34
          "The hour of liberation is at hand, God willing. But remember that your near-term goal is confined to freeing your country from the forces of occupation and their followers, and not to be preoccupied in settling scores,"

BBC: (16-10-2006)
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6055798.stm
          "I urge you... to apply justice and righteousness in your jihad, and refrain from being drawn into recklessness, God forbid.""

Comment

This reminds me of "That suit is black pause not"

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq View Post
              This reminds me of "That suit is NOT" a-black
              loloolol

Comment

apparently CNN is saying he could be executed in 36 hours...
                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

What surprises me most is that the government thinks this letter will have any positive effect on the loyal followers of Saddam at all.

Why would he do a complete 180 during his last days and try to ease the violence in his country when he has had plenty of time to do that before and done nothing? More importantly, why would he say anything positive at all about the US to the people in Iraq?

silly.
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Right now there are people saying he will be executed before New Year and that he has already been handed over to the Iraqies by the US. And others are saying this is not the case, he just has to be hanged before 26th of january.
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

That's some convenient timing that he's going to be executed before President Bush makes his speech to the US on his new plan for Iraq. Uncanny.
                      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

You mean if it's happening this weekend or before the 26th?
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Yea, definitely a military and political strategy.

Comment

Ok, so last I heard it is taking place within the next few days, possibly even tonight.

Comment

too bad they can televise it...
                              Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                              1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                              Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                              caco <ER>> )Oo
                              caco <ER>> bot thief!
                              caco <ER>> duel me for it
                              Evasive <E> no!
                              Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

Working...
                              X