Just an idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an idea

Alright, so DD/JD is pretty much fine the way it is, but I was thinking and I had this idea about making games that are pretty much time-based, and I'm not sure if anyone else had this idea in the past or anything but here it is.

Example:
    TWDD, The game is set to 10 minutes, and both teams pick 4 players (5 if enough of course) as usual, however there is no death limit so the score could keep going and going. All the way through, you are basically fighting for a full 10 minutes, higher score wins. Pretty much like real life football/soccer.

Sure you might be thinking, "If the losing team is getting destroyed really early on, it's a colossal waste of time to play the rest of the game". True, so a possible score limit could be set, if the opposing team are really that bad, you should be able to hit that score easily, otherwise playing it out would make the game pretty interesting.

You can have a "half time" kind of thing in the middle of the match. For this example 5 minutes would be the half time, where players could rearrange lineup and make subs in the middle of the game etc., giving the losing team a chance of sorting themselves out if they know they're performing badly with the players that are in the game already. Although I don't really know what the best length of time to play for is, I'm just making this example easier to look at.

I'm not proposing this as a replacement to any current systems, it's just a thought that came to my mind, feel free to discuss it. I'd say this would be also applicable to JD...Not sure where this could go to be totally honest.

If you like/dislike the idea, say so, I'm not going to shoot you if you hate it.
    (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
    5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
    1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
    1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Can you just just ask for more !subs ? there's already a 3min break setting up the lines per round.

Comment

its not a bad idea, but i dont see the real advantages of doing this

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
        ^

Especially since TWD is working very fine the way it is currently.

(To your unsure thought of where the thread belonged to, it woulda been TWD part)
        3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
        3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
        3:i.d.> da fk is that?
        3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
        3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
        3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
        3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
        3:Shadowmere> LOL
        3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
        Shadowmere> Rofl
        Up in ya !> With his feet
        Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
        Up in ya !> l44t feet
        Deft> l44t f44t*
        Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
        Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by applecheek View Post
          Can you just just ask for more !subs ? there's already a 3min break setting up the lines per round.
          Originally posted by Zeebu
          It's proposing a different way of playing the game, and I guess a change could be an advantage in itself, but there really isn't that much different in all honesty.

Thanks by the way Sertifi ^^;
          (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
          5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

Comment

well ,sure its sounds cool and stuff, we could try it out ofcourse..

but one thing i dislike, why have that half time,that what we have rounds for, or?
            https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
            1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
            1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
            1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
            1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
            1:soild>they can say what they like
            1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
            1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
              well ,sure its sounds cool and stuff, we could try it out ofcourse..

but one thing i dislike, why have that half time,that what we have rounds for, or?
              It gives players that are on the bench a chance to get in at some point and a break to sort out strategy, if the winning team are doing well for example and feel confident, they can add someone who just wants to have a game, much like the rounds system but continuing on the current score when the game restarts.
              (Twerp and Duel Pasta)

Comment

I think it would just be a big mess. I like this normal dd/jd what we're doing I see no reason to change it.
                (Paradise)>dj sage
                (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
                1: Dynasty> LOL
                1:vue> LOL
                1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

Dont fix it if it isn't broke!
                  SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                  SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                  Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                  Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                  1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                  1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

looooooooooooooool you people have no foresight at all, really. The reason this is a terrible idea is because the winning team will run like a bunch of fucking pussies once they get a decent lead. unsure if anyone here has ever watched a jd/dd but both are way too boring when that shit's happening
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

This would lead to massive hiding.

oops didnt see izor post that above
                      1:abbot> i think i played well
                      1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
                      1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
                      7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
                      7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
                      7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
                      oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
                      oar> but its ok

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
                        why have that half time?
                        juice boxes and orange wedges

Comment

It's a neat idea, but like you said not a replacement idea of the current TWD system. To prevent the problem of hiding that people have brought up, which is a big problem, we could change the arena; maybe make it 1/4 of its current size or smaller. Less emphasis on radar and more on strategic use of surroundings and rush ability. Maybe put some more rocks or even have WB matches in a base. It'd be a cool complement to TWDD.

Comment

this is probably the worst idea ever
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                              looooooooooooooool you people have no foresight at all, really. The reason this is a terrible idea is because the winning team will run like a bunch of fucking pussies once they get a decent lead. unsure if anyone here has ever watched a jd/dd but both are way too boring when that shit's happening
                              You're talking as if there's no way around hiding. Your comment is fair, but there must be a way around hiding and running. Maybe a different map could be constructed to get it sorted. That's my brief response.

Originally posted by Shan View Post
                              I think it would just be a big mess. I like this normal dd/jd what we're doing I see no reason to change it.
                              It is indeed a little bit less organised than the current system, but it could be a change that's as simple as challenging teams with !tchallenge (Timed Challenge) instead of the regular !challenge. If the other team accepts then it goes under way, right?
                              Again, not saying that it should be a replacement to the current system, it's just an idea, it's not going to exactly happen. =)

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                              this is probably the worst idea ever
                              It's really not that bad is it? At least say why, then I can make something of your argument(s) =P
                              (Twerp and Duel Pasta)

Comment

Working...
                              X