elim(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elim(s)

just curious: why is there a usage limit again for both elims? is it because there are more newbies entering? if thats the case, baseelim could use all the newbies they can get. since that arena is pretty much dead. and as for elim, it allows us to pad our stats more by killing newbies.

When there was no usage limit back in the day, I always saw a high flow of traffic in both arenas. I think that is good for the game. Hopefully you guys might consider taking the usage cap off, I just don't see too much importance in that.
    RaCka> how can i get you here
    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
    RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
    death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

i think it was put in place to prevent peopel from aliasing and trying to rank themselves on like 12 names... ever since elim was split rank has meant jack squat anyways... and now half the poeple probably dont know how to use it

kill off the usage req

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
      i think it was put in place to prevent peopel from aliasing and trying to rank themselves on like 12 names... ever since elim was split rank has meant jack squat anyways... and now half the poeple probably dont know how to use it

kill off the usage req
      oh okay. i always thought ranking was overrated. if you wanted to find a loophole, you easily could, with or without a usage limit. if some people are trying to rank, let them. you know why? because it gives the regular players more satisfaction to kill them. btw, who would make a decision for taking this cap off? and do you think a poll would be a good idea?
      RaCka> how can i get you here
      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

I think they should take the usage limit off atleast from baseelim, I want belim back alive... The ranking shouldnt be the reason to not take it off now atleast, If few 10h usage players plays baseelim they might enjoy it and keep playing belim. Then people might realize "Ah yes! We forgot belim was that fun!"

EDIT: The main problem is ?go javs, my self I enjoy more playing belim, so now we just need to nice idea that wont ruin both of em or something
        Last edited by Shan; 01-04-2007, 03:33 PM.
        (Paradise)>dj sage
        (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
        1: Dynasty> LOL
        1:vue> LOL
        1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

If people are serious about rankings, they should only be able to have rankings affected from one IP, like !register. I don't know. Possibly another way around the situation. Remove ?usage limit and set some kind of organised system for elim rankings.

This is pretty smart, I'd say this could "keep" more players playing, once they see past the "pub" side of TW. Some newer players won't even play 36 hours because they think it's a lot of time to spend, and they'll quit the game only getting a feel for CTF games.
          (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
          5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
          1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
          1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxy Turbo View Post
            If people are serious about rankings, they should only be able to have rankings affected from one IP, like !register. I don't know. Possibly another way around the situation. Remove ?usage limit and set some kind of organised system for elim rankings.

This is pretty smart, I'd say this could "keep" more players playing, once they see past the "pub" side of TW. Some newer players won't even play 36 hours because they think it's a lot of time to spend, and they'll quit the game only getting a feel for CTF games.
            I agree, registering one IP would be nice and then I dont actually see no harm side of removing usage limit. I remember when I started playing my friend told me to come baseelim I didnt have enough usage to play, then I were just waiting to get 36h usage and when I finally got it ah I got addicted to baseelim and tourny. Might be some other people would start playing if they could play some belim hehe.
            (Paradise)>dj sage
            (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
            1: Dynasty> LOL
            1:vue> LOL
            1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

Ever since the ranking site stopped updating I too found ranking rather useless. We have no real means of upgrading or changing Robo Ref for only PriitK has access to Robo Ref, as far as I know anyway. I guess I wouldn't really see any harm now if we were to remove the usage limit. I also guess we could create a new Robo Ref that actually updates again, but I'm sure TWDev has other things to do, other higher priorities. ...Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Comment

id like to see the elim system revamped completely... back to the old days basically. put everyone together in one arena. kill off the usage limit.

newer ideas that have been said before:
                do not allow the same game to be played more than 2 or 3 times in a row
                make players !register

elim was fun when you had to be competitive in all (read both) ships to be competitive on the elim rank ladder (unless you just sat out on the ship you didnt roxor at... pussy)

oh well

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Baseelim died because ?go javs appeared and that didn't require a usage limit to play in, so all the newer players flocked there. There wasn't a deaths limit either, so it seemed like the perfect place to practise your javing. Now ?go javs is brimming with popularity, so for now it may be wiser to keep the players there to retain the competition.

This is what happens when there is no set direction for this zone. Baseelim was clearly a popular arena, even when it was separated from elim. Now we have a million jav arenas which disperses the competition. Poor maintenance of the arena and a lack of control over the population has ensured its death. My opinion is to keep the players in ?go javs, but find a way to increase the competitiveness of the arena.
                  "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                  • Shark
                  • Dicer
                  • Sager
                  • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
                    Baseelim died because ?go javs appeared and that didn't require a usage limit to play in, so all the newer players flocked there. There wasn't a deaths limit either, so it seemed like the perfect place to practise your javing. Now ?go javs is brimming with popularity, so for now it may be wiser to keep the players there to retain the competition.

This is what happens when there is no set direction for this zone. Baseelim was clearly a popular arena, even when it was separated from elim. Now we have a million jav arenas which disperses the competition. Poor maintenance of the arena and a lack of control over the population has ensured its death. My opinion is to keep the players in ?go javs, but find a way to increase the competitiveness of the arena.
                    wow i almost agreed with mootland.

i only disagree that baseelim was the place for competition, pubbers just stick in go javs, cause they wont have to wait 10 minutes for next round.
                    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

the usage limit is not high enough to matter, chillax
                      (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                      (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                      (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                      (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                      (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
                        the usage limit is not high enough to matter, chillax
                        No.
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

I think getting rid of usage then updating to a !register system for ranking in elim arenas sounds like a positive idea. Belim is dead...thats a fact. I just think its more due to the fact that less newbs are interested in the yellow ship because only people who suck at ship #1 play ship #2 :fear:
                          2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Go javs is hella boring after about 10 minutes. I honestly don't see why it's so popular. There is no competetion to it, I didn't get much out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post

This is bullshit, baseelim did not die because ?go javs appeared, it already existed before baseelim. People came and went, it was a perfect supplement, if warbirds were voted most javs would go there untill the next elim game started. If anything at all, the appearance of baseelim slightly killed ?go javs because now the javs only went there when they died out and had to wait for the next game. ?go javs was basically dead untill the barwarp and streak counter, that is what killed baseelim. And the new maps, which are absolutely horrible, did not improve the situation.
                              "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Working...
                              X