Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrated Public Settings

Hello Everyone,

Prior to Christmas, I had been testing out the new Leviathan and Weasel settings to achieve balanced game-play, and looking into the bigger picture; promoting basing. A new base map by the name of ?go spaceybase was also tested, because it had dynamics which enhanced and gave more creativity to basing.

Now is the time to put all these settings together, to see if we are nearing our goal (outlined in the Zone's Objectives). Testing will start late January for two weeks. Pure Public bots will be turned off for the duration of the testing, however if I can mange it (the bots can be fickle at times) I'll have one arena with private frequencies are disabled (I think the topic of private frequencies will most likely be next on the agenda for the Public Committee to discuss, so we may as well get a heads start on it). Keep your eyes open for more information, such as more definitive dates etc. If you feel like discussing anything regarding this, contact me in-game.

Cheers,
    Mootland Farmer
    Head of Public Development
    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
    • Shark
    • Dicer
    • Sager
    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Looking forward... ^-^
    some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
    1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
    1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

One thing I have to say is, although not every public idea has been a good one, you have kept everyone posted as to what you are trying to do, and what you are doing mootland, and I think we all can appreciate that. And besides a few misses, publics are better then they used to be.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

--Sticky'd.

Thanks for the heads up, Mootland. I'm looking forward to the new settings, and checking out how Spaceybase works out.

I sense the rebirth of LT'ing will be soon to come.

Comment

Yeah, sounds good.
          (Paradise)>dj sage
          (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
          1: Dynasty> LOL
          1:vue> LOL
          1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

I love lt'ing
            help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

?go spaceybase map is ghey

settings are cool tro
              SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
              SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
              Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
              Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
              1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
              1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

The new ship settings are nice. However, I'd keep the same old map for the sake of ?go Base and TWLB.

Comment

Should be interesting at least...

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeus
                    I'd keep the same old map for the sake of ?go Base and TWLB.
                    Suck on 27 of the world's biggest dicks.
                    sage

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeus View Post
                      The new ship settings are nice. However, I'd keep the same old map for the sake of ?go Base and TWLB.
                      Gotta agree though...
                      (Paradise)>dj sage
                      (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
                      1: Dynasty> LOL
                      1:vue> LOL
                      1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

The old map looks like a joke to newcomers. It is antiquated. A more modern looking base is critical to attracting more people in the ever advancing online gaming world.

There are also playability issues with the old base that have come about as the game has matured. It's not good to have 30+ players all packed into the little space around flag room entrance. Some more movement and variety in pub game play will keep things interesting in the coming years.

Looking at the old trench bases, one can see a definite evolution. A modernized version of Boki seemed to many people (including myself) to be the logical next step. Spaceybase may need some refinement as it is tested, or it may not work at all. This forum is a good place to express your concerns and help to work this out. I'm sure it will be tweaked based on feedback, but in the end, a new base of some kind is definitely needed.

Comment

How can we check out new settings....

if we can't yet what are the changes like?
                          Bounty <ZH> - I just went from 3 to 39 bounty in one shot
                          Dr. Snyder - Why'd you attack the world trade center?

DaKo is out. 0 wins 10 losses

Comment

Prior to Christmas, I have tested both the Leviathan and ?go spaceybase. At the moment the Weasel is under testing.

I will update the news post with dates and what the ships changes were soon.
                            "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                            • Shark
                            • Dicer
                            • Sager
                            • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager View Post
                              Suck on 27 of the world's biggest dicks.
                              Did I hit a soft spot or something? Did you create the map or something? All I said was to keep the current map because of ?go Base and TWLB. Sheesh.

Comment

Working...
                              X