Trading Places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Places

Remember that movie with dan akroyd and eddie murphy? Well the guy that created it has a new one. I'd give you the title but then you'd dismiss it. If only 404 not found watches it, it's still worth a post here. If you do watch it, and find it interesting, please put a quick reply so others follow the trend. Ephemeral, I would consider it a person favor if you gave it a shot.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+fascism&hl=en

i watched that movie yesterday and threw up.
    (because i'm sick, not from the movie)

Comment

Ya I coudln't help but start crying about half way through, thanks for watching it. I don't think there's anything we can do but be psychologically prepared.

Comment

Anyone that calls themself a FREEDOM lover cannot afford to miss the information in that link. Not that you have to join any group, but just be aware of what's going on around you. ... ex: lax borders when there's a global war on terror. Wake up nicely now... or abruptly later... unless you're one of them

Comment

Will see.

Hahaha, looks a bit like the discussion on these forums about 'What rule is broken!?, there is no such rule.'
          When a goverment just enforces a law that doesn't exist it does exist, but it really doesn't.

But this system is global and now it's in the best interest for America to keep this system up, they will never be able to pay their debts otherwise and the whole world economy -that's based on the American economy (the trust in that economy)- would collapse.
          Last edited by Zerzera; 01-12-2007, 10:25 AM.
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
            i watched that movie yesterday and threw up.
            (because i'm sick, not from the movie)
            My flatmate threw up today, she saw a kid get run over and killed
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
              My flatmate threw up today, she saw a kid get run over and killed
              That'd be pretty brutal.

Comment

I can't really stress the importance enough of watching this video if you value your freedom in America. I'm taking the movie with a little bit of skepticism because there were a few small incidents where there was some video editing done that might not have gotten across what the person being interviewed was intending.

Warning! Somewhat of a spoiler:

It's kind of interesting, even as a documentary. Because you start off the movie believing something so significant as the constitution would be enforced as written and as it as interpreted by the supreme court. And since the film is about determining whether this myth of income tax is actually taxable on the federal level for the average working American citizen, people are easily interested. But as the film goes on, you slowly start to realize that this movie is much more than that. There were some really great quotes on the film from significant people as well. I'll try to quote one of them.."Never were a people so enslaved than those who believe that they are falsely free."
                1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                3:Best> see it coming
                3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                  Remember that movie with dan akroyd and eddie murphy? Well the guy that created it has a new one. I'd give you the title but then you'd dismiss it. If only 404 not found watches it, it's still worth a post here. If you do watch it, and find it interesting, please put a quick reply so others follow the trend. Ephemeral, I would consider it a person favor if you gave it a shot.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+fascism&hl=en
                  Been there, done that. It's always fun to believe that there was a second shooter in the grassy knoll, but I have been exposed to too many paranoid conspiracy theorists for it to get me fired up anymore.

A former business partner of mine took this approach about 10 years ago. He quit paying taxes for the reasons stated in the film. (He also declared that black helicopters and satellites were watching us all and that national checkpoints were coming soon.) He was a millionaire at the time. He ended up turning his beautiful ranch into a self-governed country and announced himself as ruler. He quit paying all taxes, he quit putting state license plates on his Mercedes, he launched lawsuit after lawsuit to anyone or anything that smacked of authority. He ended losing everything he had, he and his family now live a shitty life, a shadow of his former life. But hey, he still has his principals.

I also knew a former engineer from NASA. He did the same thing, quit paying taxes. Funny thing, when he starts with running his mouth trying to get people to buy into his ideals I always ask the same question. If this is not simply a position someone is taking for personal gain, do they take the money they do not pay in taxes and donate it to a good cause? Or is it that living in a society that provides people with security, roadways, parks, schools, etc. should be paid for by others and not themselves? No, the people I know who have actually quit paying taxes are doing it for personal gain.

I saw nothing in the film that offered a solution to taxes. It is easy to tap into people's innate need to point fingers and stir conspiracy thoughts of men in black suits. It's all about CIA, Microsoft, and other big brothers out there just waiting to come take advantage of us.

Comment

You're friends are idiots.

The film was only talking about income tax. It's the income tax on a federal level that has no law to support it.

For a solution, the film was also suggesting that the government print its own money instead of borrowing from the Federal Reserve (a private institution) and paying interest on it.

The film also stated that none of the monies received are being directed towards those things you've mentioned. I believe the film stated that the monies received are actually unaccounted for... into some bogus fund... for a secret 'higher' political agenda.

Like Ghandi & Martin Luther King, the people have to all unite in unison and say to the government that we're not gonna pay any more income taxes. That's the only way it's gonna work.
                    Last edited by HeavenSent; 01-17-2007, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                      Been there, done that. It's always fun to believe that there was a second shooter in the grassy knoll, but I have been exposed to too many paranoid conspiracy theorists for it to get me fired up anymore.

A former business partner of mine took this approach about 10 years ago. He quit paying taxes for the reasons stated in the film. (He also declared that black helicopters and satellites were watching us all and that national checkpoints were coming soon.) He was a millionaire at the time. He ended up turning his beautiful ranch into a self-governed country and announced himself as ruler. He quit paying all taxes, he quit putting state license plates on his Mercedes, he launched lawsuit after lawsuit to anyone or anything that smacked of authority. He ended losing everything he had, he and his family now live a shitty life, a shadow of his former life. But hey, he still has his principals.

I also knew a former engineer from NASA. He did the same thing, quit paying taxes. Funny thing, when he starts with running his mouth trying to get people to buy into his ideals I always ask the same question. If this is not simply a position someone is taking for personal gain, do they take the money they do not pay in taxes and donate it to a good cause? Or is it that living in a society that provides people with security, roadways, parks, schools, etc. should be paid for by others and not themselves? No, the people I know who have actually quit paying taxes are doing it for personal gain.

I saw nothing in the film that offered a solution to taxes. It is easy to tap into people's innate need to point fingers and stir conspiracy thoughts of men in black suits. It's all about CIA, Microsoft, and other big brothers out there just waiting to come take advantage of us.
                      According to the film, income tax doesn't pay for schools roads, etc. It pays the interest that the government owes to the Federal Reserve. Schools and roads are paid for by local taxes (for the most part), according to the video, whether that's accurate or not I don't know. But as you said, it's definitely for personal gain, my own interest extends far beyond that of a mere misinterpretation of the sixteenth amendment. I still retain a high level of skepticism to the movie, but I definitely don't disregard it.

Edit: I agree with you HeavenSent, unfortunately it won't work though, since people won't unite over income taxes. Especially when many people don't realize there's no law stating that it's required of you to pay income tax on the federal level, they'd just rather talk about how scary it would be for IRS agents to storm their house.
                      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                      3:Best> see it coming
                      3:Best> sad

Comment

And the Federal Reserve uses what to back the value of money? Years ago it was actually gold and silver. Today, what backs up the money that is printed? The GNP. And the Federal Reserve has no, ZERO, control over the GNP.
                        And what about interest rates? Are we really going to buy into the belief that Feds actually control interest rates? We live in a world-wide economy these days, the loans are not just being underwritten by the US Federal Reserve. Many other countries, Japan, China for example, are buying dollars and underwriting US debt/money. At this point I would say that several of these other countries actually have more influence/control than the Federal Reserve.

And I do not buy into the idea that income taxes do not pay for the infrastructure of this country. Fed money is Fed money. Here in NC the lottery was just begun. They pitched it as the right thing to do since the monies gleaned from the lottery is going to ‘schools’. While by state law this is true, they leave out the fact that the budget for schools has not really increased. They simply removed the ‘old’ budget and are using it somewhere else and replaced about the same amount with the ‘new’ lottery proceeds. You can not talk about fed money without including a discussion about those in power in government. And we, you and I, put those people in power. Our government ‘sponsors’ the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) it is the second-largest U.S. financial institution in the US. It has a BOD (Board of Directors) that are hired, not elected. It is supposed to run with the same 'checks and balances' that other US companies deal with, yet it has not filed an earnings statement since late 2004. If my company tried that I would be in jail and the poor house by now. My point is that the Federal Reserve is not the only blending of federal government and some businesses. They are now completely intertwined and it makes it very difficult for me to differentiate them and think of it as different big pots of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                          You can not talk about fed money without including a discussion about those in power in government. And we, you and I, put those people in power.
                          But is that really the case? You can only vote on some faces that are put forward by the party you support, and how many realistic options are there?
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
                            But is that really the case? You can only vote on some faces that are put forward by the party you support, and how many realistic options are there?
                            Voting does seem like a long shot when it comes to making a change. But do you know what each senator and congressman does the first thing each morning when he/she comes into the office? They meet with their staff and ask about emails/letters/phone calls that have come in since the day before. This is especially true with any current hot issue. Their staff will say something like, “we got 105 emails on the right to life issue, 43 for and 62 against”. This then influences the representative and certainly gives you, a single voice, a better chance at making a difference.

Setting yourself on fire in front of the 6:00 news might also make an impact, but I like you so I wouldn’t suggest that approach.

Comment

I just heard on the news last night that there was a sharp decline in the government's collection of income taxes for the year '05. A good portion of it was attributed to 1000's of government employees. Since the 'Freedom of Information Act' Many Americans, especially government employees have stopped filing their federal income tax return.
                              The News program didn't say anything about the federal income taxes not supported by law. It was kinda funny how the news program attributes aquired information as a result of the Freedom of Information Act, but it didn't say what the information was that influenced 10's of 1000's to stop filing their federal income tax return.

Comment

Working...
                              X