PDA

View Full Version : Barry "The Liar" Bonds in the news again

404 Not Found
01-11-2007, 10:02 PM
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6361538?FSO1&ATT=HMA) - Barry Bonds said he did not get amphetamines from teammate Mark Sweeney, but did not deny a report Thursday saying he tested positive for the drugs last season.

According to a story in the New York Daily News, the San Francisco slugger failed an amphetamines test in 2006. The newspaper reported that when first informed of the positive result, Bonds attributed it to a substance he had taken from Sweeney's locker.

The problem with MLB is that the commissioner, Bud Selig is a spineless asswipe who has done nothing in retaining the respect of the fans and allowing a continued usage of illegal as well as enhancement drugs to be used with little to no penalty!

Bonds' reported positive test could be another snag in contract negotiations with the Giants. The sides reached a preliminary agreement on a $16 million, one-year contract Dec. 7, but the seven-time NL MVP still hasn't signed the deal or taken the mandatory physical that is part of the process.

For $16 million he should bend over for prostrate exams on a daily basis.

For the monies these sports figures make on and off the field, there should be some type of punishment handed down other than a slap on the wrists.

Selig either needs to be replaced or he needs to grow some balls and act like a commissioner.

Just my opinion...I am just tired of hearing about the yearly steroid abuses that players seem to laugh at when monies such as $16 million are involved. Crime does pay when you break the rules...be it in sports or any job in life.

I was only too happy to hear that Mark McGuire was passed over for the Hall of Fame.

Subjugation
01-12-2007, 12:48 AM
I wish they'd just come out and openly start juicing the balls because baseball bores the shit out of me. Obviously people love home runs, so why not just tweak the game, and get rid of the need for steroids at the same time?

And aren't amphetamines the same thing as greenies? Aren't greenies an old school baseball helper?

404 Not Found
01-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I was amazed that he actually blamed the amphetamines on his teammate and that he got them from his locker. He now admits that he made that up and appologizes after pointing the finger at Mark Sweeney when he never had anything to do with this.

A class act for sure.

I agree...just be honest about it and I still think MLB needs to replace Bud Selig.

Squeezer
01-13-2007, 01:44 AM
McGwire only got 23% of the vote to get into the hall. He needed 75%.

Meanwhile, both Ripken and Gwynn made it in on their first year. Both guys are humble, honest, and admirable baseball players/men.

Baseball has sent it's message, and I think Barry Bonds should be shitting himself right now.