A suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suggestion

This might have been said it might not, it might even already be in place, my finger isn't on the TW Forums pulse.

It has been established that one of the problems that seems to be causing the friction between the upper forum staff and the forum community is that the two do not converse, and it's felt that as there isn't any dialogue between the two parties incorrect or unnecessary decisions (like focusing attention on making dodgy designs for the forum) are being made. Why not appoint 3 people as advisors or liaisons or whatever you want to call them. They'll have access to the staff forum but no powers on the forum, so they'll be able to keep the forum community informed of any proposed ideas (something the current staff is unwilling to take the time to do), they'll be able to represent the views of the community and the pressing issues that need to be addressed, and should staff need to recruit, they'll have some moderators already groomed.

The major concern is that these ambassadors will have access to confidential information in the staff forum. However these people will be selected for their maturity, and so staff will only be exposed to the same risks as when recruiting staff. In fact if this is going to be used as a training position for forum staff then they can judge people and put them on a kind of trial. Also, I'm sorry if this shocks anyone, but there really is no top secret information in the staff forum. Anything genuinely secretive is discussed between the admins in game or on msn.

These people will need complete access to the staff forum. There's no point creating a subforum called 'staff/community liaison' that only the advisors and staff can access. This idea will only work if the advisors have complete access so they can see how staff is being run and add their thoughts to the process. Of course staff could just completely ignore them, and it would be their choice to do so, but they'd be pretty shit at their job if they did so. Of course this liaison position is going to create a thorn in the side for staff. However staff has acknowledged changes have to be made - we can see a lot is changing, it just so happens to be the unimportant changes that are occuring - so this liaison position can be viewed as a way of hleing to prioritise which changes are more urgent.

From the staff point of view they are tackling their biggest shortcoming and involving the community more. From the community point of view they are having more of a say in the running of their forum. Doing this will help the community feel like their claiming back their forums, and it will definately improve the quality of the forums as there are a lot of people here with a lot of good ideas for this place, who would be of great benefit to the long term future of these forums.

And if this has already done then for fuck's sake utilise them
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

We have 3 new mods ZeUs, Face, Subj and Aqua.. Don't know if that answers your question.
    Last edited by Galleleo; 01-12-2007, 07:44 PM. Reason: Actually, it says I posted 1 min before you.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Oh wait they already hired facetious
      Last edited by ZeUs!!; 01-12-2007, 07:31 PM. Reason: galleleo you posted at the same time as me
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Yeah I think that was the intention in hiring me, only they gave me powers so now I'm going to get corrupt and stuff.
        5:gen> man
        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

i'll corrupt your stuff, baby
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
            Banned for sexual harassment. :O

Comment

too long to read and has no pictures

lazytown on tv.

sorry zeus
              8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
              8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
              8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
              8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
              8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
              8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

this would be a great idea if they didn't just make those new mod hires
                afksry

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                  me plz
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                  X