I need something good, moviewise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need something good, moviewise

I've pretty much rented/bought every movie/TV show worth watching. So, make some recomendations.

One of the main things about having Asberger's is I fear, FEAR change, and (unless it comes to music where my other Asberger's trait of massive obsession in said interest comes first), hate to try new things.

So I've seen all the movies/shows people recomend. So, if you have hidden gems or something, please recommend. For instance, I haven't seen alot of people rave about Curb your enthusiasm or Entourage, but they look interesting, but I don't wanna waste money.

Any good foreign flicks? I'm into action/comedy (preferably both), but a good movie's a good movie. It's like.. I just gotta hear a movie is good, to validate my decision.

Make lists, or whatever. And this is hard... but try to evaluate if a movie's "obvious". for instance, it's obvious that I've seen Boondock Saints or Van Wilder, if I go on suggestions (the people I ask are in the 18-year-old range, college students.) So I'm looking for some opinions from you wonderfully intelligent guys.

And here's a question for Ephemeral, if you see this thread. I was thinking about TV marketing, and was wondering: before DVD collections and mass merchandise, how was a TV series rated a success or not... how did they make money? The reason I ask you, Eph, is because (honestly) I respect your experience and wisdom, in like every thread you always have a "Well, when I was younger, I had job Y doing thing X, so here's the answer..." but if anyone feels free to answer this question, please do. I was high/am high so maybe the answer is blindingly obvious, but c'mon.

Oh, and yeah, I started going to a therapist for counseling. Like I said, I was recently officially diagnosed with Asberger's Syndrome and if you have questions, I got answers. It's actually really fucking weird, like all these little things about myself I've always wondered about... like, EVERY one of the oddities is attributed to AS. (Even my funny walk. Don't ask.)

Let the replies begin.

EDIT: here's a list of movies/shows I was interested in:

Curb your enthusiasm
    Entourage
    Weeds
    Get Carter
    Knockaround Guys
    Freddy got fingered

etc etc etc, sorry it's not long but Pavement just came in and asked if I wanted to watch Scrubs. AFK
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law
    Kenny VS. Spenny

I've heard good things about CYE
    Originally posted by turmio
    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
    Originally posted by grand
    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
      Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law
      Kenny VS. Spenny

I've heard good things about CYE
      I love harvey birdman, but I'll check out the other two, thanks man
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

If you want any thought provoking movies, pick up anything from Focus Productions.

I.E. Lost In Translation (featuring Bill Murray, Scarlett Johanson, and a shit load of Asians, seeing as the setting is in Japan)

(Just to Reiterate... A LOT OF ASIANS! A LOT OF WHICH IS PRETTY HOT GIRL ASIANS!!!)
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Movies
          -----
          -Sympathy for Lady Vengence

-Drunken Master (prequel to famous Legend of the Drunken Master)

-Dead Man's Shoes

Riki-Oh- The story of Ricky

Yojimbo

Battle Royale

Sanjuro

TV Shows
          -------

-Aqua Teen Hunger Force

-Home Movies

-Venture Bros.

-Band of Brothers

-Rome

I'll post more if I can think of some later
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

just backin lb up here (don't need to back up for ATHF, jerome knows that shit) but home movies is fuckin hillarious.
            Originally posted by turmio
            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
            Originally posted by grand
            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I'm seconding Band of Brothers.

Stargate SG-1 is good, pm me for a link to streamed downloads of all the seasons.
              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

The Wire
                5:gen> man
                5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Television on DVD (or torrent?):
                  Lost
                  the Office (USA or UK, whichever flavour you prefer)
                  Arrested Development
                  Band of Brothers
                  Extras
                  Rome
                  Sleeper Cell (at least Season 1)

Movies on DVD (or torrent?):
                  Battle Royale
                  Oldboy
                  Talladega Nights: the Legend of Ricky Bobby
                  Jet Li: Fearless
                  Samurai Fiction
                  2LDK
                  Aragami: the Raging God of Battle
                  Versus
                  District B13
                  Pulp Fiction is good to watch even if you've already seen it
                  DELETED

Comment

Depends on what kinds of movie you like. I like the kind that makes you think a little bit. so my top 3 picks are:

- Magnolia
                    - Amistad
                    - The Machinist
                    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Hook me up with a camera.
                      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Fearless is indeed awesome, I saw the trailer for District B13 and it looked cool. I'll have to check it out soon.
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                          Fearless is indeed awesome, I saw the trailer for District B13 and it looked cool. I'll have to check it out soon.
                          Definitely not a movie to watch for it's "plot", lol. But it has some awesome parkour action scenes.
                          DELETED

Comment

I thought Fearless was supposed to be Jet Li's last movie, but I saw he is already busy with 3 new ones, one with JackieChan in it, that should be awesome.

I saw Honour of the Dragon last night, and that Tony Jaa person is pretty damn awesome. I still have to see ong-bak though.
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Fearless was Jet Li's last martial arts epic, not his last movie. He's done a series of martial art films based on Chinese history or historical figures, this was the last film in that genre that he was going to do. He'll still do movies, just not ones about China's history or following the themes of Flying Tiger, Hero, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X