Does this happen to anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this happen to anyone else?

Today I was hanging out with a bunch of people, and I'm usually pretty chill to hang out with. I crack alot of jokes, but they are usually pretty high-brow and not that funny.

But then this chick and her friend come, and I really like this chick. I mean, I reallyyyy like her. The only thing is, every time I'm around her I act like a complete asshole. Loud, obnoxious, raunchy, rambunctious. (This is the same chick that I made fun of the blind dude in front of.) Everyone notices my change, and everyone likes to pick on me after the fact. I seriously don't realize I am doing it until after the fact, where all I have to complain about it is a forum and Facebook.

Is this normal, or do I have a social problem?
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Yeah, I do that sometimes too. I think that it's the need to impress. It's normal to have a change in behavior for certain people.

Comment

edit: MAGE WRONG THREAD
      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

quite normal, mang. I think you're subconsiously trying to get her attention. I mean, we all want the other person to "be themselves," but that part can be tricky if you're smitten :wub:
        TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
        TelCat> hoes get paid :(
        TelCat> i dont

Comment

i do the opposite. i'm usually a pretty easy going funny, fun guy. but if theres a particular chick around, i'm shy and quiet. oh well.by hte way, its 2;12 (HOLLER AT YO BOI) and i'm drunk. wooh.

Comment

You're a bit anxious about the situation my man, it's perfectly normal. Don't let it bother you too much, it will only make you dwell on it. Think before you open your mouth... I know it's easier said than done, but if you give yourself a second, you may say something that is more you and less AnxiousFandango.

EDIT: Feel resolved with this problem before you attempt this situation whilst inebriated... drinking can often catalyze your anxiety-caused actions while lowering your inhibitions. Just look at the guys that go to bars and pick up girls... if that's the only place they feel confident, how do you think they're going to feel when they're 35, single, and feeling a bit too old to be going to bars and picking up drunk girls? I'm sure you know this already... but really, don't sweat this, you'll learn to grow out of it on your own.
            Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 01-14-2007, 03:23 AM.

Comment

yes when i was younger. you grow out of it so chill. just keep your mouth shut when she is around.

Comment

Originally posted by thesearcher View Post
                just keep your mouth shut when she is around.
                Yeah but only the stupid shit. One day you'll want to man up and tell her you like her.

If everything else goes well you'll be telling her to take off her clothes.
                TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                TelCat> i dont

Comment

I guess I'm lucky not to have this problem. I've never clammed up/acted weird around girls (unless I was faking it because some girls like that sort of thing from a confident guy, it makes them feel special... but those were more weasley years, let's not talk about them) and I don't really get it how guys do. If you like her, it's in your best interest to not do stupid things for no reason, right?

But I don't think it's abnormal.

"Be yourself" is also terrible advice, because it'll make you conscious of what you're doing. Just don't worry about anything and ask her lots of questions.
                  afksry

Comment

Prime candidate for a weblog
                    Originally posted by Facetious
                    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I am usually fun to hang around too, without being to pompous, I am the funny guy. But when it comes to girls I like, I close up. I never know what to say and terrified to do anything she might not like me for.

I have accepted that I am this way and I notice I am changing, it is starting to be less of a problem and I am getting more and more relaxed. Thing with me is that I tend to care too much about people think about me, but it's slowly dying out.
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I think that you don't really grow out of it if you don't practice socializing with girls you really like. Most of the time it's all about being confident.
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I would say around half of my friends are girls, but it's just her that I act this way around. I act stupider to impress her, even though that's probably the least flattering thing I can do.

Fuck it.
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Maybe she digs your goofy style :P
                            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                              I am usually fun to hang around too, without being to pompous, I am the funny guy. But when it comes to girls I like, I close up. I never know what to say and terrified to do anything she might not like me for.

I have accepted that I am this way and I notice I am changing, it is starting to be less of a problem and I am getting more and more relaxed. Thing with me is that I tend to care too much about people think about me, but it's slowly dying out.
                              Same.

Comment

Working...
                              X