Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

Hey,

I need to cover a couple of things, so we can start getting ready to fire up this mother. First off, there is no set date as of yet for the start of TWL. I think everyone would agree that we need to solidify and finalize some things before we begin.

Ok.. on to some news.
    • The TWL website is currently under new construction, and we are looking for people experienced in PHP to help finish the site. Contact Epinephrine at trenchwarsleagues@yahoo.com if you are interested. Please include any experience you may have with PHP.
    • The TWL rules (click here) have been posted for some time, and many have made mention of changes. These rules are going to be ratified and finalized soon. If any of you have any suggestions or comments on the new rule structure, please note them as soon as possible on the Rules post.
    • Anyone who shares a computer or connection with another player, needs to contact us at trenchwarsleagues@yahoo.com by the first week of TWL pre-season matches. There is no format as of yet for pre-season matchups, as these will be used strictly to test bot functionality and such. Any player who does not inform us will be subject to the Double Squadding punishments as stated in the TWL Rules. This date will be announced in the near future.
    • On the matter of criteria for squads from TWD who will be eligible for TWL participation, here are the guidelines. For a squad to be eligible for TWL consideration that squad must: Have played at least 10 matches in the game type for which they qualify and be an active and current TWD squad. That squad must meet the minimum TWL Roster requirements and not have any squad member registered with another squad. Any squad that is found to have a Double Squadder will not be allowed to enter TWL, and may be subject to sanctions from TWD.

Now for some more news I know a lot of you have been waiting for. We have not yet chosen an eligibility cut-off date for TWD, but I will inform you as to how many openings TWL currently has. Currently there are:
    • 5 open spots for TWL-Basing (14 total)
    • 6 open spots for TWL-Dueling (16 total)
    • 6 open spots for TWL-Javelin (16 total)

For each of the open spots, the top (X amount) of teams who are not currently registered with TWL, will be invited to participate in TWL Season 6. If a squad chooses to decline the invitation, the next highest ranked squad will then be extended an invitation, and so on.

I would also like to welcome No Surrender as a returning squad to TWL. There was some initial confusion about their status, but they will be participating in all 3 areas of TWL.

That's all I have for now! We are getting very close to starting TWL Season 6, which looks to be as exciting as ever! In the near future we will be announcing the eligibility dates, All-Star game formats, the specialty competition matches, and the scheduling format! Thanks for all your patience, we hope to provide what could possibly be the best TWL yet!

-PUSH
    Last edited by THE PUSHER; 02-19-2003, 09:52 PM.
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

You should really be gunning for "More exciting than ever" rather than "As exciting as ever," because TWL's last season was notoriously... ehm... how to say..... bad?
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

its good to feel the twl power again
      Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

lets get this on!

only 1 thing: the TWL season 5 site was great why do another 1?
        The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

wtf,
          there were 5 open spots at the beggining, later u lowered it to 4 and now its 3????!?!?!?!

bs
          2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
          2:renzi> lol no
          2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Evul Fly
            wtf,
            there were 5 open spots at the beggining, later u lowered it to 4 and now its 3????!?!?!?!

bs
            You're gonna get in anyway

Comment

deadlines?
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

There were only a certain amount of teams that were going to be eligible based on the number of open spots. I'll agree we should have worded it differently and been more clear on the matter. As it is, scheduling concerns, desire to make TWL more exclusive with the introduction of TWD, and consideration for squad stability, brought us to the current structure of 12 Basing teams, and 16 each Dueling and Javelin.

__________________________________________________ _

A request was made to list the current squads and open spots.

TWL-B[list=1][*]Cripples[*]Pallies[*]Paladen[*]Onix[*]Disoblige[*]British Squad[*]Anti-Scrub[*]whiterabbits[*]No Surrender[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[/list=1]

TWL-D[list=1][*]Cripples[*]Pallies[*]Paladen[*]Melee[*]Onix[*]Disoblige[*]British Squad[*]sk8[*]Elusive[*]No Surrender[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[/list=1]

TWL-J[list=1][*]Cripples[*]Pallies[*]Paladen[*]Melee[*]Onix[*]Disoblige[*]Anti-Scrub[*]sk8[*]No Surrender[*]Elusive[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[*]Open[/list=1]
                Last edited by THE PUSHER; 02-19-2003, 10:24 PM.
                Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

3 basing spots! You're having a giraffe! Basing is now the most popular discipline and theres only 12 teams playing?
                  Originally posted by Facetious
                  edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I think Pure Luck is dissolved...
                    Cuji> Mantra stop spamming ?cheater, running in twd game is legal

Pearl Jam> ewan, stop stealing goals you mongoloid

Comment

I'm glad..

I'm glad you put No Surrender in. They deserved that spot. The basing one, at least.

GL all in TWL
                      No taxation without representation

Comment

Why isnt Shriek on that list?

Comment

Nice update, where can I find the TWL rules?

Also why does it take several months for a new twl to start after the previous season ends?
                          Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                          Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Shriek dissolved at the end of last season (disbanded in the playoffs).

Click Here for the Rules

We technically could have started sooner, but why rush it? Rushing it caused a lot of the early season problems and vagaries that surrounded TWL last season.
                            Last edited by THE PUSHER; 02-19-2003, 05:55 PM.

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Push, my brother plays on a twd squad from my computer. His squad is not nearly good enough and will not make TWL. Do I still need to notify you?
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X