My Client Lies to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Client Lies to me.

My Client Lies to Me. Plain and simple. I type ?lag, and I get something similar to

PING Current:120 ms Average:160 ms Low:50 ms High:200ms S2C: 0.0% C2S: 0.1%

However, it specs me as soon as I'm placed in twdd arena for example, due to "spike". This occurs even when my high is below 200, which is most of the time. When it does allow me to stay in, I cannot kill, and it usually lags me out again within a few minutes. When I am in, everyone reads my lag as "OMG 1000+ ping!" And whatnot, so why is my client lying to me?

P.S. I have tried reinstalling continuum, to no avail. If it helps, I supposivly have "cable" through a wireless Local Area Network. This has been occuring for almost a 2~3 months now.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

802.11b (or g, or a, or whatever) can cause network spikes/outages sometimes. I'd suggest using an actual cable if you want a solid connection.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

I've consulted my dad on this issue, but all he does is download 20+ music files at one time from WinMx, hogging all the bandwidth. He could really care less about putting the cable line directly to the computers (we have two, so we would need to split the cable line, not too hard to do though). So am I fucked?
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
      X