Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End Spaceybase Map

This new spaceybase map is awful.....

The levi settings and weasel settings are fine... and not having pure pubs rock..... but this map is like playing DSB.... the noobiest zone ever....

GG
    Bounty <ZH> - I just went from 3 to 39 bounty in one shot
    Dr. Snyder - Why'd you attack the world trade center?

DaKo is out. 0 wins 10 losses

!Change it Back! !Change it Back! !Change it Back!

Comment

I don't see any good arguments to take the map down. At least not from the latter two posts.
      "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
      • Shark
      • Dicer
      • Sager
      • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

I still think the warbird is faster than usual.
        DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
          I don't see any good arguments to take the map down. At least not from the latter two posts.
          I don't see any good arguements for your map either...

This map blocks just about all strategic shots.

lemme outline what hurts levis about this map that I've observed thus far...

The safes open and close randomly making warp out easy and greening virtually impossible. base now has 3 entrances so it has no targets. Good shots have been blocked. Base is huge and radius has decreased. Odd..... every change I can see thus far is anti-levi... the changes to the weasel are minimal.... and you attempt to sneak in levi changes by doing little to the levi but making the map weaken the levi so people won't have as much fuel for the arguement that you hate levis.

You want to lose the rest of the LTers that once played TW then you guys have done great. Basers couldn't be more happy now that they won't be contested unless the opposing freq has enough spiders. But if you actually care about TW then you won't simply make changes that please you...

Don't ignore the minority opinion... regardless of which it may be... TW can't afford to lose players over something like a map change.

I sense that keeping these settings will allow for another dark TWs to pop up further dividing TW. Or if non is created I see vets quiting TW permanently because there isn't enough diversity in pub.

I know I'm going to get shit from pure pubers... but we don't all like pure pubs... and I'll be damned if I am gonna take flak for sticking up for levis in TWs.
          Bounty <ZH> - I just went from 3 to 39 bounty in one shot
          Dr. Snyder - Why'd you attack the world trade center?

DaKo is out. 0 wins 10 losses

Comment

keep it

Keep the map. FR fights are now longer = more fun! Also I like the bricks around the flag, makes touching flag a bit more difficult
            Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Snyder View Post
              I don't see any good arguements for your map either...

This map blocks just about all strategic shots.

lemme outline what hurts levis about this map that I've observed thus far...

The safes open and close randomly making warp out easy and greening virtually impossible. base now has 3 entrances so it has no targets. Good shots have been blocked. Base is huge and radius has decreased. Odd..... every change I can see thus far is anti-levi... the changes to the weasel are minimal.... and you attempt to sneak in levi changes by doing little to the levi but making the map weaken the levi so people won't have as much fuel for the arguement that you hate levis.

You want to lose the rest of the LTers that once played TW then you guys have done great. Basers couldn't be more happy now that they won't be contested unless the opposing freq has enough spiders. But if you actually care about TW then you won't simply make changes that please you...

Don't ignore the minority opinion... regardless of which it may be... TW can't afford to lose players over something like a map change.

I sense that keeping these settings will allow for another dark TWs to pop up further dividing TW. Or if non is created I see vets quiting TW permanently because there isn't enough diversity in pub.

I know I'm going to get shit from pure pubers... but we don't all like pure pubs... and I'll be damned if I am gonna take flak for sticking up for levis in TWs.
              A lot of people here, myself included, would consider many of those to be arguments FOR keepin the new map.

Comment

i said it before, and i will say it again.
                nothing against map change, but if you are going to use spaceybase, use boki. Everyone who bases knows spaceybase is just a poorman's copy of boki.

"lets ditch the original map, and use a ripoff of a popular base map, so no credits will be given to that map, and it will make us look like we are doing our job at trying out 'new' map"
                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

I agree with Neth on the Boki > Spaceybase vote.
                  DELETED

Comment

Neth, Dames, I can't disagree with you more.

I'm still not sure whether or not I like spaceybase, I need to see it played more to decide, but as far as a triple fr entrance concept, I think it's better than boki for the following reasons:

1) Boki is FULL of holes. If you want an enviroment where you can have levs and still have basing, the inhibited roofing and limited outside shots of spaceybase are way better.

2) With all those trees, boki has a "jungle" atmosphere to it. I hardly think that's appropriate for a first impression or a constant pub map.

I don't think they're ripping off boki as much as taking its concepts and modifying its weaknesses (a good example being giving it full gates at the side so it eliminates the push-shots around the single block gates in pub and boki). It's an attempt to make levs skill their way to kills instead of lobbing bombs into places off radar and praying there's someone there to die.
                    Last edited by Ignominy; 02-02-2007, 06:47 PM.
                    afksry

Comment

Boki is a nice map.
                      (Paradise)>dj sage
                      (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
                      1: Dynasty> LOL
                      1:vue> LOL
                      1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

Well yea boki should replace spaceybase trust neth boki pwns spaceybase by tons
                        Kthx> my aim is rustier then the box of condoms on izors desk

Stealth> aim and condoms do not rust... at least if they are kept well moisturized

=========================================

TWRC Op

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                          A lot of people here, myself included, would consider many of those to be arguments FOR keepin the new map.
                          Haha, you beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X