Suggested tweaks to spaceybase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested tweaks to spaceybase

I spent some time testing it out, and also testing LT shots. Personally I would like to see the map feature a rise of the effectiveness of midbase LTs and a decline in roofing and outside LTing, the former of which takes much more skill, and, in my opinion is much more fun to play and to play against.

What I've seen be most detrimental to basing in the non-pure arenas is the ease and effectiveness of an outside LT. I think reducing this, theoretically, would be better for both basers and LTs, bringing both of them inside the base.

I'm just going to try and point out a few holes and inconsistencies. Sorry in advance, I will probably break the tables with some of these screenshots.

1) There's a shot from the side here (on both sides):

I suggest adding a tile at 560, 325 and at 464, 325. This is not because the spot where the shot hits is devastating, but because it can be fired from full speed from outside, and that makes it very easy for a levterr to take the shot with impunity.

2) The shot into the flagroom from the side is back (on both sides):

That shot is too good and too easy, and was fixed at one time prior, before they fixed the infinite-mines-from-lagging-through-one-tile-safes glitch, after which the blocks were removed. They need to go back at 483, 262 and 541, 262.

3) The ears of the flagroom have a very inconsistent defendability. The shot from the bottom left hole (one tick left, full to half speed, or straight up, any speed) hits up in the middle of the ear, because of the tiles protuding:

This shot isn't possible from the other side because of the block at 534, 289. Before, the uneven holes were balanced out by the opposing uneven holes on roof. I think here, you should either open both or close both, so you don't have the right side be incontrovertably an easier side to defend.

4) The lowest hole in the right side of the upper ear of midbase (at 573, 292): I would like to see that be plugged like its left side counterpart. There's a wb shot above the outer block one tick down through the middle of base that will promote camping, and bombing lower right entrance from outside doesn't promote going in, basing, or fun.

5) Lastly (for now), there is a line of pixels missing in a vertical gate tile (third from the left) that makes them look sloppy and broken in part of the "animation". That's just an aesthetic change, but it's easy to fix, and a little noticeable.

I really hope these ideas are looked at by pub committee and don't get lost in the sea of whining threads.
    afksry

Originally posted by Ignominy View Post
    I really hope these ideas are looked at by pub committee and don't get lost in the sea of whining threads.
    bump
    afksry

Comment

Sausages.

Comment

I agree with 90% of these. I am not willing to give an adequate response to all of the appropriate suggestions; Instead, I will say that this indeed needed of a bump, and that people who like to type, should respond to this post.

Comment

I just gotta lay down my "I Agree fully on these ideas" stamp on this. My biggest gripe with the map is just the way it looks overly cluttered with these random boxes and pipes and wires? I dunno, I think it looks gaudy.
          DELETED

Comment

this map is so levi friendly, even with the lack of bomb power i can rack up more kills than i ever could with the l3 bombs and old map.

3 entrances to the fr sux.
            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I explained to you already it's not as levi friendly, it's just that there's people in the base.
              afksry

Comment

Notice that Zeus!! rubs them all over his face.
                2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
                2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
                2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
                2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
                2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
                1:spider> Wooooohoo!
                1:spider> .*passes the hat*
                1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Working...
                X