Blueouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blueouts

I'm looking into the possibilities of using *lockteam, but when discussing this with Epinephrine and 2dragons I realised that people use !blueout for different reasons.

So, I'd like to know why do you (captains/assistants) enable or disable blueout.

Is it to shut up the speccers, your team, the other team, or..... ?

hmmmmm

yea, usually people like to use blue-out to stop people from talking, and 99.9% of the time it works.

..But then again, sometimes it won't...
    chocolate gravy

Comment

Often times when you encounter a squad that's used to pub, or elim...they just have an impulse to type "wtf" or "oops" and that can easily be distracting. Although there is ?lines=0 many prefer to be able to communicate with their own team. During a match, usually nothing is said that can be of any use, anything important should be sent through :#squad: messages or directly to a captain. I think !blueout is mainly to get rid of a meaningless distraction during a match.

Mythrandir, I don't see a connection between *lockteam and blueout?
      Ну вот...

Comment

The only problem is that eventho blueout is enabled.

If you do " Before your message, so your name is green when your message is shown, you avoid blueout.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I like !blueout for the following reasons:

I don't want people in spec antangonizing the players

People will talk trash or whine which brings the game down.
          I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Hmmm...

Maybe I am the only one that grasps what Myth is trying to bring across, or maybe I am mistaken and we are all on the same page. Myth (I believe) is talking about making an option to allow capatains to lock both public chat AND chat to teams using " during a match to make blueout more efficient. I think it is a great idea. Make it an option and people will use it when they feel the need. Nothing wrong with it. It is very late and I woke up early so if I am on the wrong track don't crucify me
            -Dave

Comment

If that's the case foreign, then ?lines=0 should work fine...and why not call it !yellowout?
              Ну вот...

Comment

I use it for both. if given to the power to seperate them, I would always lock spec and lock pub if given a reason. Especially during a jav game, it would be nice to be able to say ns and things like that.

Comment

BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T GET RID OF YELLOW CHAT?

READING IS FUCKING FUNDAMENTAL.
                  sage

Comment

I never do blueout really, but if I do its because i know my team will whine when they get killed

or of course if there are 50 speccers (yes even sucky mantra has played in games with that many speccers) I really dont want anyone to talk in blue cos that will just be insane.
                    Originally posted by Tyson
                    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                    Originally posted by HeavenSent
                    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                    Originally posted by Izor
                    Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I can't see the blue end of the spectrum, by eliminating blue chat I assure myself that I will see everything that everyone else does. It is the only time in the game when i have this luxury, please do not remove/tamper with the !blueout system, it's all i've got man.
                      Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Blueout is what you use so the other team can't trashtalk to you.
                        I know I lag, no need for the other team to point that out again during a match.
                        On the other hand it is quite an advantage when you opponent prefers to chat instead of playing....
                        And ofcourse it keeps your own team from doing that.

Well anyway it would be nice if you can only use yellow and red chat during a game....
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I dont see any reason to have !blueout. There is a command called "?nopubchat". For example Premier Leagues (svs) have abandoned !blueout and just remind about "?nopubchat" in the beginning of game. !blueout is useless, you will still see epinephrine whining if its on
                          TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
                          TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
                          TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
                          TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

2d always abuses the blueout...not with " but with regular pub chat, hes axed.
                            :yawn:

Comment

I love blueout, it's great to shut those pesky 24/7 pub talkers up.
                              Is there an anti-blueout implimented already?

Comment

Working...
                              X